↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Eberspächer D2 in cubbybox
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Stue5

Italy 2005 Defender 110 Td5 USW Alpine White
Eberspächer D2 in cubbybox
I did a search and found a few posts on putting a Eberspächer D2 in cubbybox but the photos appeared to have gone/unavailable, more the better Thumbs Up for me to understand how others have gone about it.

Would fitting a small fuel tank in the cubbybox be a bad idea safety wise?( so I could remove the cubbybox without having to disconnect fue lines and look for a home for the tank) Range Rover p38 4.6 99 lpg(gone Sad )
Post #382855 29th Dec 2014 12:14am
Lorryman100

I have an Eberspacher D2 here that I am going to fit this week under the cubbybox mounted in a Nakatanenga undercubby heater box. I also have on order from Nakatanenga a fitting that goes on the tank filler pipe to allow the fuel to be drawn from the tank without the need to drop it or to drill a hole into.

Under cubby heater box

Click image to enlarge

Fuel tank filler pipe fitting

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #382856 29th Dec 2014 12:22am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stue5

Italy 2005 Defender 110 Td5 USW Alpine White
I like the look of the boxy thing Thumbs Up thanks lorryman
silly question how did you get the nakatanega web site to speak English? I Have only seen it in German Sad (I am on a iPad Twisted Evil )
The fuel pickup is still on my defender as the D2 was fitted behind the drivers seat as it was a three seater 110 environment agency's van. Range Rover p38 4.6 99 lpg(gone Sad )
Post #382866 29th Dec 2014 12:43am
carrotbay

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 BMW M57 3.0 Diesel XS CSW Auto Santorini Black
Hi .. If you use Chrome on the iPad it will do the translation for you. 2008 Defender 110 XS SW - M57N2 / 6HP28X
Post #382875 29th Dec 2014 1:53am
Ellisboy

1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
I would tap into the fuel line and not bother with a Seperate tank. Ebbers don't use great amounts of fuel.
Post #382887 29th Dec 2014 8:25am
Steve B

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
Re: Eberspächer D2 in cubbybox
Stue5 wrote:
I did a search and found a few posts on putting a Eberspächer D2 in cubbybox but the photos appeared to have gone/unavailable, more the better Thumbs Up for me to understand how others have gone about it.

Would fitting a small fuel tank in the cubbybox be a bad idea safety wise?( so I could remove the cubbybox without having to disconnect fue lines and look for a home for the tank)

Hi Stue5,

Possibly from when I did mine, the pictures are on expedition portal.

It has worked out really well putting it into the cubby, takes up a little room but still plenty for other stuff in there such as sat nav, cameras etc. it doesn't get hot either. I plan to make a false bottom to stop it getting cluttered down the sides of it.

Since the pictures the only other update is a side exit exhaust for it with twin silencers, extremely quiet now.

You may need to join the expedition portal to see the pictures.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/thre...r)-fitment 
Post #383103 29th Dec 2014 6:48pm
Mdm

United Kingdom 
Having done a few of these mainly into defenders,you cannot tap into td5 fuel lines reliably

The easiest way is to use the spare blanked off pipe on top of the td5 fuel pump.

It's very important to use right size fuel pipe and there is a max length the heater will draw the fuel from..if memory serves me a foot up or down and 3-4 in length.

Seen a few under the cubby box in 90s,in battery box,under rear seats in 110, a few under the bonnet which works ok but not ideal as they don't like water ,mud and dust.

Mine is behind seats in a 90 plumbed into main tank.

Fuel use wise depends on model and temp and how long it runs.before I pumbed mine in i used a boat tank of 10 ltrs which would do a full day or night .
Post #383199 29th Dec 2014 10:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1