↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Momo fittings?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
ian series 1

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Bonatti Grey
After going to my local nut and bolt people, i have brought the required hex countersunk screws £1.10

Bolt on Bits boss came with none (but was not expecting any!)

But as said above, was not really well packed, also there are a few chips on the black coating!
cant be bothered to return it, so i am painting it again tomorrow Neutral

Did get some rather nifty headlights on ebay, with led running lights inside, they look quite good for the money, also a nice pair of stainless rings to complement them Thumbs Up

Ian 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Wanted, Forward Control Anything considered.
Post #377853 10th Dec 2014 6:55pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Yes mine had a few paint chips as well, but they were on the inside rim so cannot be seen. Also one of the indicator connector pins was bent but I managed to straighten it. The way it was packaged I was surprised it got to me in the condition it was which was far from perfect really. I have emailed Bolt on Bits to complain but I do not expect any reply they are a little arogant in their customer concern, as I have noticed in the past. I would have paid a little extra in postage rather than free P&P to make sure it arrived perfect.

You only have to read the bottom of the ebay add for the slim line boss to know what they think of their customers. The comments about splines I found totally unnecessary and demenaning.

Two types of steering columns are fitted to Land Rovers!

Land Rover owners like to confuse the steering wheel boss selection we know what fits what.

This is where people come unstuck, its not hard look at the large round thing in front of you when you sit in your Land Rover.

Up for sale here is 36 spline RDX SLIMLINE boss if it does not fit your Land Rover then you have a nice paper weight or you can return to us within 7 days at your cost plus £10 with nice letter stating you bought the wrong boss
Rolling Eyes
Post #377878 10th Dec 2014 8:16pm
ian series 1

I did read that in the description, to be honest i thought it was a over the top,

Anyway wheel fitted now, and very happy with it, really does make all the difference regarding elbow room. Very Happy 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Post #377931 10th Dec 2014 9:55pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Had one bad customer experience with them several years ago, never again Mad 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #377934 10th Dec 2014 9:59pm
ian series 1

Its amazing how they aim the things they sell to LR owners, then advertise them in the way in the above post?

After reading it a few times before ordering, i did think "shall i give them my custom?"

I just didnt like the way it was worded, making you feel the stupid one if you ever got this wrong!

I only brought it as i could not find a slim one anywhere else. 80" 80" 86" 88" 90"

Post #377939 10th Dec 2014 10:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12