↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Td5 > TD5 Remap
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
chinnus

2001 Defender 90 Td5 ST Coniston Green
TD5 Remap
Hi all, Just thought I would let you know that i have just had my TD5 90 pickup remaped by pete at BAS.... total gentleman!! and the car is amazing...

Td5 should be sold remapped rather than the rubbish standard tune!!

Worth the ££ for excellent service and after sales if its needed.

that is all

Bow down Pete!
Post #189857 30th Nov 2012 6:58pm
brisca33

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 HT Bonatti Grey
Nicely Pete,
I've just got a TD5 90 and am thinking of a remap,what spec did you get,how does it effect fuel consumption,how much was the remap and have you any other mods fitted such as a decat pipe or EGR valve blanking/removal kit?
Thanks Tommy.
Post #190300 2nd Dec 2012 3:24pm
chinnus

2001 Defender 90 Td5 ST Coniston Green
So I had the stage 1 remap put on which should give 30 extra BHP over standard tune which could be anything frankly....
Its difficult to quote BHP figures unless you get it on the rolling road...

As for engine mods... Totally recommend the EGR removal as an absolute priority
As my car is Y reg there is no cat on it as standard.. so not sure of how it performs with one??
The centre box removal pipe from ebay about £60 made it a bit loader (but in a good way) and allowed the turbo to work a bit better... As I have a truck cab the internal noise is about the same but a bit louder outside (apparantly??!!??)
A high performance airfilter (K+N) - made the engine breath a bit better but hard to measure maybe just a mental thing....

Then the remap changed everything on top of all that... £295 great deal and great services.. Pete is great and really cares about what he is doing... I got there late on wednesday so we did the remap but my diagnostics wasnt working so pete said come back in the morning and he will sort it out... and we did!!!

As for MPG i have only done 100 miles or so since remap and they were all foot to the floor but as i get used to it i will be able to give some figures

hope that helps
Post #190307 2nd Dec 2012 4:11pm
brisca33

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 HT Bonatti Grey
Thanks for the reply,i'm keen to get a remap but have become obsessed with how quiet my overdriven County van is having spent a fortune with Noise Killers plus several hundred pounds more for acoustic rear panels and other foam backed sound deadening materials,so would be disapointed if the removal of the cat brought about an increase in noise.I will phone BAS and see what he says about leaving the cat on.(I have thought about a decat pipe wrapped in thermal exhaust belting).
Thanks again for the reply.
Post #190320 2nd Dec 2012 5:09pm
landy andy

2006 Defender 110 Td5 USW Zermatt Silver
Getting a remap made mine quieter at speed, was shocked by this as did not expect it..

Removing the cat gave no increase in noise just performance for me. Removing the middle box is what increases the noise so I then changed to a mid section with cherry bomb in from Alive tuning and now have the best of both worlds, performance, nice level of noise and, good fuel economy. Thanks Alive.

Andy
Post #190346 2nd Dec 2012 7:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1