↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Nolden Bi-Led Fitment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
FLFAMILY

United Kingdom 1985 Defender 90 BMW M52 2.8i Petrol ST Keswick Green
Nolden Bi-Led Fitment
Looking to get some clarity if the Nolden Bi-led will be a plug and play for my 1985 Defender 90, prior to me pulling the trigger and getting them. I am now back in the US and there is very limited information about these lights here hence asking first. The part number I am coming up with is GL180, H4 12VOL. Also, as the vehicle is still RHD, but all cars here are LHD, will I be fine fitting the Nolden’s for LHD’s?
Post #367078 25th Oct 2014 2:51pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
As long as you have H4 connector on your headlights it should be plug and play.

Word of warning, due to age of your vehicle check the conditions of the screws and retaining rings as you may have a corrosion issue there.

Have no idea about American MOT's/ annual road worthiness test, but you will need LHD/RHT ones even though your vehicle is RHD. We do not stock LHD version but both Peter and Jan at www.nakatanenga-tours.de both speak good English.

If you have any further questions you can either contact Peter or myself and we will do our best to answer you.

Regards

Brendan
Post #367093 25th Oct 2014 5:00pm
FLFAMILY

United Kingdom 1985 Defender 90 BMW M52 2.8i Petrol ST Keswick Green
Many thanks for your response Brendan. I will validate if I have the H4 connection first, will also inspect the condition of the screws and retaining rings. Hoping to get the Defender on the road here soon. There are no MOT inspections in the state of FL Smile. Also, looking into the V8 upgrade, but will do everything slowly.
Post #367096 25th Oct 2014 5:09pm
Litch

England 
If there is any doubt about the retaining rings just treat yourself to a pair of new plastic buckets and SS rings, you will be set up for life then.

14-years ago I fitted Wipac plastic buckets to my 90 (they came with SS rings back then), fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when I fitted my Nolden LED's and the rings came off and polished up like new. Screws were still ok because I used SS items and the fixings were Waxoyled. ONE LIFE, GET IT!
Post #367117 25th Oct 2014 6:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1