↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Free Off Roading with Land Rover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
Free Off Roading with Land Rover
I went on my free Off Roading afternoon with Land Rover as a thank you for buying their new Defender at the weekend. I went to the Luton one and it was quite good but so disappointing that no rain meant no mud. I chose to do it in their Defender rather than any of the others in their range and was impressed by its capability. But no rain meant the other part of the course with ruts would have been a doddle for my mini never mind a LR. I was Surprised they didn't stick to a smaller course that was artificially kept wet considering I think they offer these every weekend throughout the year. Or at least one big muddy slippery section of it.
But what really surprised and disappointed me was that they had no food I could buy and no shop to buy LR clothing and mugs etc. I deliberately took my wallet ready to spend money. What a wasted opportunity!
From a food point of view they do morning or afternoon courses. Surely just as I decided to get there expecting to be able to buy lunch once I arrived (and it seems I wasn't the only one), I'm quite sure several people on the morning course where hungry when they had finished and would have bought lunch there. I'm not expecting cooked meals obviously but a small choice of sandwiches and cakes chocolate bars and crisps would have done. All they had was coffee and a small packet of 2 little biscuits!

Was I expecting too much?

Overall it was a reasonably fun afternoon, but thank god it was free! If I had paid their price for it I would have felt very VERY short changed over all.
Post #356836 9th Sep 2014 8:23pm
GUM97

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Stornoway Grey
Yep, that's pretty standard across most LR experiences in my experience! (I've done 3 different locations recently, and I'm off on another one tomorrow!) An engine to TDi for!
"Land Rover- Proudly turning drivers into mechanics since 1948"
Post #356837 9th Sep 2014 8:28pm
Smilesapart

United Kingdom 
You're not paying your own money to go on these are you?
Post #356842 9th Sep 2014 8:34pm
shaggydog

United Kingdom 1991 Defender 110 200 Tdi USW Arles Blue
I got a free one and had the same experience at Louton. Was a good day out but seconded your above comments, when it was dry was no need for any driving controls so was very boring and uneventful.
Post #356854 9th Sep 2014 8:56pm
GUM97

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Stornoway Grey
Oh no, definitely not! I've got better things to spend my money on! An engine to TDi for!
"Land Rover- Proudly turning drivers into mechanics since 1948"
Post #356909 9th Sep 2014 10:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1