Home > Technical > Buying my first Defender 110 SW. 2010, 40km
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Buying my first Defender 110 SW. 2010, 40km
Hello,

No doubt this has been repeated ad infinitum, but given I am new to Defender2 and buying my first 110, I hope I will be allowed a little latitude. Also, by asking again, it means I get the most up to date info.

In essence, for a 40km 2010 commercial model (used by Spanish Mountain Rescue) what should I be looking out for? I am about to call the dealer and ask questions about the vehicle, so are there any specific issues with the 2010 variant I should be aware of, or the Puma 110 in general? Wiring loom, drive train, gear box, sump, cooler, turbo etc.....

Any advice or a short bullet-point list would be very much appreciated (and if you happen to know the Spanish words, even better!!)

Looks like a tidy model, as you can see from the photo below, but given I live in France and am buying a little blind, I want as much up front security as possible.

Gracias

Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #350085 7th Aug 2014 8:55am
pob1968

Welcome, in theory being a 2010 a lot of niggles you get with a new one may have been sorted and due to the warmer/drier weather (when it's not up a mountain) it may have not got too much corrosion.

I would check the following:-

Rear cross member rust
Gear selection and clutch
Listen for rattles when using the clutch
Make sure all electrics work
Check oil level and how clean the oil is
Check service record

That should cover it, just the usual checks when buying a secondhand vehicle. 110 Hardtop
Post #350100 7th Aug 2014 11:00am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
That's very kind, POB '68, thank you. Pretty much what I thought and have read elsewhere. Rust is always an issue, hence the bonus buying in Spain, and with just 40k (Kms) on the clock, even if it was out regularly, one would hope it will be fine. Also, I am hoping that the Spanish Mountain chaps (from the Guardia Civil) have a similar view to maintenance as Brit police, and take the view that it is a life-saving tool that needs to be cared for, and that they're not the clichéd British viewed spaniard, mañana, mañana. There are some wrecks out there, here's hoping this works....cheers. Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #350122 7th Aug 2014 1:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1