↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Anybody into home cinema?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jimbob7

Anybody into home cinema?
I have a Samsung home cinema system (Blueray player, 5.1 surround),truely fantastic picture and sound quality, reliability wise, utter 5hite, player refuses to play some dvd's and pauses for no reason and doesn't respond to any commands other than "off".
Common "feature" for Samsung players, apparently Rolling Eyes . Anyways,at some point I would like to by another Blueray player and play it through the Samsung (for the 5.1 surround),can I buy any Blueray player or do I need a 5.1 surround sound compatible Blueray player? Also what brand to buy? Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #343993 9th Jul 2014 1:28pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
If its any help I have a Panasonic DMPBDT260 BlueRay/DVD Player it also plays 3D disk's as well. Quality is great, plays anything, had it for nearly a year and has given me no trouble at all.
Post #343997 9th Jul 2014 2:03pm
TheWarden

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
I had a Samsung BluRay - it refused to play lots of disks.

I switched to a 12gb PS3 slimline and can now play ALL my disks inc 3D ones..... 2013 Aintree Green 110 Station Wagon SX
Post #344009 9th Jul 2014 3:11pm
jimbob7

gilarion wrote:
If its any help I have a Panasonic DMPBDT260 BlueRay/DVD Player it also plays 3D disk's as well. Quality is great, plays anything, had it for nearly a year and has given me no trouble at all.

Panny's seem to get very,very good reviews,cheers.

Samsung seem to have extremely good performance reviews, but their reliability is utterly 5hite. Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #344028 9th Jul 2014 4:06pm
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Jimbob. Our Philips used to do that, so I got shot of it and had my mum's secondhand Sony. That does almost the same! It comes up on the screen, 'Press Play'. So you do, and nothing happens. Wife thought it was me first of all. Now we have found that you have to get up, eject the DVD, and reload it. Sometimes, even if I turn the damn thing off and back on again, it still won't play. It's probably like all printers, mobile phone networks, and internet providers - all shyte. I think Philips is the worst. Had two fax machines from them that were a joke, a home cinema system that just wouldn't work properly, and an answer-machine that had thoughts of its own.

Almost had my life took away yesterday when someone pulled out in front of me on a dual carriageway. My dashcam caught the whole thing, and the police have asked if they can come round and view it. So I tried playing it on Windows Media Player and all my vids freeze after 1 minute (apparently common problem). So I tried QuickTime and that jerks in 1 second stages. So I downloaded VLC Player (wouldn't work). GOM Player (Jerky), DivX (wouldn't play after the initial image). Eventually (late last night) got a player called MPC-321 (worked a treat). Now, this morning, found one of the Players had also downloaded something called Trovi.com. Absolute nightmare - locks your homepage to theirs. Had to spend 2 hours this morning getting rid of it. Had to reload Firefox, change settings, and download an anti-malware package called Malwarebytes (brilliant). Took 50 minutes to go through all my files and eliminate 139 threats including Trovi.com. Police can now catch the nutter who thought pulling out in front of me when I'm doing 60 was a good idea, and left me a trembling wreck. I digress - 95% of technology is rubbish. Now left.
Post #344054 9th Jul 2014 6:29pm
jimbob7

/\/\/\Urggh,computer 5hit,VLC is 1000% better than windows media player (nearly everything is,lol),dunno where trovi come from but seems easy enough to get rid of (very much like ask jeeves,etc),I use google Chrome fwiw and had few problems, I use PaY of Birates anorl:wink:
Yes, Malwarebytes is compulsory, also the free version of Piriform C.Cleaner.

Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #344065 9th Jul 2014 7:05pm
a13x

United Kingdom 
In short your system will need the blu ray player, into an amp that feeds the speakers. I do not know what your system is or whether it can function as an amp. However if you have a few hundred pounds to spend, there are many great set ups available either used or new.
Post #344104 9th Jul 2014 8:59pm
Parra

United Kingdom 
Another good removal tool is adwcleaner, it helped me several times. As to trovi, seems it is not a very dangerous virus and can be removed by hand too: http://soft2secure.com/knowledgebase/trovi
Post #348736 1st Aug 2014 10:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1