↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Just when you thought you'd seen it all!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Oscar Romeo

England 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Rimini Red
Just when you thought you'd seen it all!
This image was scanned from "clued up" a free information mag supplied by the CAA to all GA pilots in the UK.

Click image to enlarge

Absolutely astonishing, what chance of you got with a justice system like this

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #337172 10th Jun 2014 11:19am
RFT

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
OR - Are you saying the Justice System has failed here? Do you think the sentence is too harsh or too soft?
Richard 130 Puma HCPU with an Artica 240LR Demountable Camper
Post #337176 10th Jun 2014 11:44am
custom90

United Kingdom 
Dim wits, how idiotic. Rolling Eyes
Post #337181 10th Jun 2014 12:00pm
Oscar Romeo

RFT wrote:
OR - Are you saying the Justice System has failed here? Do you think the sentence is too harsh or too soft?
Richard

given they had the potential to injury or kill hundreds not only in the aircraft but on the M1 and airport too it seems just a tad on the light side.
My point is, if thats all that is dolled out to cretins like this what are the average crims going to get for say nicking your land rover?
just as in the thread with the lad from Halifax

makes me wonder what sentence they would have got if they werent white, counter terrirism etc
Post #337190 10th Jun 2014 12:39pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Endangering an aircraft or attempted murder of say 300 +people???

Endangering an aircraft is a lot less emotive statement then attempted murder of 300+ people

Blind a pilot at a critical moment and plane crashes with catastrophic loss of life would be murder in my mind.

What is the possible penalty for attempted murder compared to endangering an aircraft?

Brendan
Post #337204 10th Jun 2014 1:11pm
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
Have a look here page 11

sentencingcouncil.judiciary.gov.uk/docs/Attempted_Murder... · PDF file Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #337251 10th Jun 2014 4:54pm
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
I am In no way condoning the activities of these 3 idiots but I thought that the vast majority of commercial aircraft operated a self landing system meaning that while an awful lot could still go horribly wrong if the pilots were blinded, the opportunity for the plane to drop from the sky was relatively reduced? Hence the less severe sentences being handed down? Don't get me wrong I would like to see these numpties be given a sound birching for being irresponsible not a short custodial trip but apparently that isn't an option anymore. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #337304 10th Jun 2014 8:30pm
TooTall

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 HT Tonga Green
In a previous life I "may" have dealt with some soap dodging crusty ravers, who busted-up a remote farm with a "suicide rig" (a PA sound system that no one cares if it's seized!) & just for devilment... I also did the rave organisers for endangering the Police helicopter by shining their green laser pens at the pilot.
They got clobbered at the local magistrates as the bench consisted entirely of gentlemen farmers!
TT

"Ease your worries, Clear-up your woes,
Go into your garage & put stuff into rows."
Post #337313 10th Jun 2014 8:44pm
Oscar Romeo

lambert.the.farmer wrote:
I am In no way condoning the activities of these 3 idiots but I thought that the vast majority of commercial aircraft operated a self landing system meaning that while an awful lot could still go horribly wrong if the pilots were blinded, the opportunity for the plane to drop from the sky was relatively reduced? Hence the less severe sentences being handed down? Don't get me wrong I would like to see these numpties be given a sound birching for being irresponsible not a short custodial trip but apparently that isn't an option anymore.

Most aircraft use Instrument landing system ILS this doesn't land the aircraft it just gives glide slope and localiser (runway centre line) information to either and simple instrument on the dash or passes this to the auto pilot who lines up and descends the aircraft. It still has to be turned of by a human, reverse thrusters after landing checks etc also by pilots. What if a pilot needed to go around due to debris on the runway, bird strike etc?

Although this incident didn't cause an accident coupled with some other factor it could have been more serious remember 70% of crashes happen on take off and landing.
I don't know the full details on how premeditated this was but they were quite a way from home and they tried more than once to cause mayhem. I just cant get my head why anybody would do this Neutral
Post #337326 10th Jun 2014 9:20pm
lambert.the.farmer

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi PU Rutland Red
Ah ok. Well in that case then charge them with attempted murder as that's what it amounts to. Rhubarb and custard let fly with their secret weapon.
Post #337385 11th Jun 2014 6:21am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Three idiots that probably didn't fully realise the implications of their actions. With custodial sentences and being young they'll have plenty of time to realise, especially with criminal records in tow.

Lesson learnt hopefully. Whistle

No point pondering and getting knickers in a twist over what might have happened......It didn't! Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #337398 11th Jun 2014 8:46am
g-mack

United Kingdom 
had they been repeat offenders,drug addicts and from broken homes, they no doubt would be walking away with a much lighter sentence! My 109 thread

my youtube channel
Post #337416 11th Jun 2014 9:54am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
There's nothing in the quoted article to suggest that they are idiots who didn't know what they were doing. They could equally well have been inept terrorist wannabes who knew full well what they were doing.

Either way personally I welcome the sentences, and would welcome similar sentences for anyone who attempts to steal my property.

If a system of justice is to be robust and fit-for-purpose sentences must be harsh enough to act as a deterrent.
Post #337432 11th Jun 2014 10:49am
Mr Fox

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
K9F wrote:
Three idiots that probably didn't fully realise the implications of their actions. With custodial sentences and being young they'll have plenty of time to realise, especially with criminal records in tow.

Lesson learnt hopefully. Whistle

At 19, 20 and 21, you should be able to "realise the implication" of blinding a pilot. If that is a beyond their power of reasoning and deduction, I'd question how they have been able to stay alive up to this point of their lives. Empathy and reasoning is developed between seven and 12 years of age - these numpties are either stupid or were intending to cause death and destruction. We, as a society, make too many concessions for anti social behaviour and those that commit it, often attributing blame to external factors rather than individual themselves.
Post #337494 11th Jun 2014 2:56pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Or boozed up to the eye balls.
Post #337505 11th Jun 2014 4:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>