It's a Knaus Deseo Thumbs Up
Post #506920 22nd Feb 2016 10:53am
Striker

Thanks, I'll take a look Thumbs Up Cheers Andy

Never Knowingly Understood
Post #507032 22nd Feb 2016 6:05pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
Love caravaning and its great for the kids who love the freedom.

Unfortunately 2 weeks before our last summer holiday it was taken from behind our house, down the side of a garage and parked nose in next to our other garage (I used a motor-mover as the gap was a few inches each side)

This was ours on its last trip out to Blair Castle in Scotland Sad

Click image to enlarge

We built up our caravan bits over the years, things like a long water hose, aquarolls with a float built in so you have plumbed in water on premium pitches Smile, long aerial leads, feet for jokey wheel and legs. etc etc

I would if you have not already get a hitch lock / wheel clamp. / security post. Also register it with CRiS. Obviously insure it !!. I have been with the Caravan Club insurance for years and the club also, the club is around £40 but you also get a magazine every month and the sites are generally very nicely kept and clean. Insurance wise, although they took a while to pay up, they did so in full with no quibbles from us.

There is a lot to lean if starting from scratch (both myself and wifes parents were vaners) so we were used to it Smile Its great though, some the of views we have had are awesome. Freedom for kids and you can take all you home comforts.

Post a picture of your Rig once you have it set up.

Also one thing we did when we started just so we knew all was ok was to stay quite local, then if the electric didn't work, lights or something went wrong your near enough to home to sort Smile

You WILL find everyone on site are very friendly, I like towing as its far more relaxing driving round at 60. You will get work colleagues or friends having a go but your having the last laugh. If you go to the NEC or Manchester caravan show you will also find they are packed, more and more people buying vans Smile

Miss ours.... but we will get another soon, only this year we have been podding, then summer road trip over Europe and cottages etc so no rush this year.
Post #507082 22nd Feb 2016 9:05pm
Thor

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Stacey - two weeks before a holiday would've been a nightmare I bet. At the minute it's insured, behind locked gates, hitch locked, wheel locked, Oxford motorcycle chained, blocked in by the 110 and the Mrs Saab. Once I've moved a shed, got rid of some decking and moved a water tap I'll have an even better location.

As we bought the van privately it came with a lot of extras such as the long aerial, plastic feet for the legs, choks for side ways levelling, 2 gas bottles, weighted water thing, toilet chemicals...the list goes on.

As you say, were doing a local one nighter to get everything set up and familiarised. Also the awnings. I have 2 awnings but about 15 bags of poles, panels and sheets. I foresee an uber argument with the Sherriff when it comes to setting them up!!!

Photo below that my Mrs took when she got home, about to do my first session on the motor mover. I'm at the van door, Grandad with his hands in his pockets and Tank the Dogue De Bordeaux wondering what the big white thing is!!

Click image to enlarge
 Strong people are harder to kill and generally more useful!
Post #507151 22nd Feb 2016 11:02pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
Great stuff Smile

I still cannot believe ours was taken if I could show a picture of where it was, Locked, wheel clamped. legs down and the wrong way in down the side of a fence / garage. It tool me 30 mins of phaffing using the motormover and this would not have worked for the low lifes... Taken in broad day light also.

I have a few measures already in place when we get another, the main being CCTV.

Sounds like you got a fair bit of stuff with it, as the price of all the bits add up.

Luckily, we were booked into caravan club sites and most let us use a tent... we still had to sort all the stuff out ready for the holidays, no mean feet when everything we had was taken in the van...

Still this was our view at the first site...we still had a great time, more hard work setting up and moving on each time the biggest thing I missed was the toilet... having to use the site ones in the middle of the night!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #507158 22nd Feb 2016 11:14pm
rover

United Kingdom 
Where is that site, it looks great.
Post #507277 23rd Feb 2016 1:35pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
The thing is the Caravan were actuall behind us higher up the hill, so we had the best view Smile

Saying that some pitches for the vans were ace.

It was

Trethevy,Tintagel,Cornwall,PL34 0BQ
01840 770222

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclubap...csid=22005

Some very narrow lanes so don't just follow sat nav Smile
Post #507314 23rd Feb 2016 3:23pm
rover

United Kingdom 
Thanks, thinking of taking the caravan to Cornwall this summer, its a few years since we have been. Love the place but it gets so busy in the kids holidays. Is there any other sites you would recommend as well.
Post #507402 23rd Feb 2016 8:51pm
jimz

United Kingdom 
We had our first outing in the van this weekend, loved every minute. Looking forward to the LR shows this year and a few other trips.

Click image to enlarge
Post #507434 23rd Feb 2016 10:06pm
Thor

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey

Click image to enlarge

Doing a one nighter in Hurley as a trial. Seeing how it all works.

Managed to get it nice and level, plugged in, hot water on, grey water sorted, TV reception and awning up with out instructions and no arguments! Strong people are harder to kill and generally more useful!
Post #516010 19th Mar 2016 7:05pm
mick

England 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Rimini Red
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Just had my Hymer serviced and its dry as a bone Mr. Green Mr. Green
Post #516147 20th Mar 2016 10:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123