↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Expedition & Overland > Ferry to Esbjerg - nervous
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Derek
we're just entering norway tomorrow via bergan heading north to tromso so look out for us on the west coast roads
good luck with your issues .... hopefully all will be good now! Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #334582 30th May 2014 2:47pm
Spookytooth

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Hey, that's great will look out for another UK plate, have only seen a Dutch defender so far. How do you arrive via Bergen? Assume a Danish ferry(?)
By chance I have had a great day today, not many miles, however, left Lillehammer in glorious sunshine and drove over to Lom then took the toll road up to Dalsnibba, stopped at Flydalsjuvet and dropped into Geiranger. I had an afternoon sightseeing cruise on the fiordd and it is still bright sunshine and warm (7.28pm), amazing.
I am just messing about tomorrow as well, going to the Atlantic road as I have seen so many wonderful aerial shots, hope the land based drive doesn't disappoint, after that I will take a raincheck on the Landy and hopefully head North. Are you planning to explore the fiords or heading north, or of course both?
From my end, phone sorted, head sorted (Landy still under Land Rover assist so why am I worrying so much) so today felt like the road trip I had been planning for my retirement rather than the hassle of the last few days.
Whenever I get internet I will update where I am so if our paths cross I will buy you a beer, not had one yet, every time I convert the price I suddenly fancy water!
Post #334624 30th May 2014 6:43pm
Spookytooth

Sorry just re read and you are going to Tromso via coastal roads, don't worry you will be my age one dat
Post #334625 30th May 2014 6:45pm
Cold_n_Wet

Norway 
Wyvern,

Shame I wasnt at home otherwise Id have offered you a cup of tea...

Sppokytooth

Ålesund Auto were a main dealer earlier, but still have SDD if you are having problems and will pass that way.

Ask for Mads he should help you if needed.

Glen "Rafiki" 2007 110 STW - Rolling rebuild.
Post #334638 30th May 2014 7:36pm
Spookytooth

Thanks , it's so annoying, just the turbo hose keeps slipping off. The jubilee clip can't hold it once the hose is hot. The hose turns from reinforced rubber to jelly under heat and even more annoying I have been complaining about the issue for some time and because I can't replicate it on demand the dealer assumed it wasn't an issue and even offered it's just the dpf regenerating itself. Might seem a strange thing to say but I quite like my dealer just shows how much we have to work together and build trust with each other if we are going to sort these annoying issues out
Post #334651 30th May 2014 8:09pm
Spookytooth

Fantastic day today, up the Eagles road out of Geiranger, over the Trolls road, across to the coast for the Atlantic road, through Kristiansund and across the ferry to the E39. Staying near the ferry tonight and heading up past Trondheim tomorrow. Lots of bikes out on the road, however, haven't seen any defenders. Although mine is totally standard it got a lot of interest today on the 3 ferries linking the different roads - they probably heard me changeling gear from miles away and wondered what it was!
Going to give the moths a treat tonight and get my wallet out and buy a beer
Post #334814 31st May 2014 5:46pm
Cold_n_Wet

Norway 
Better re-morgage the house Whistle "Rafiki" 2007 110 STW - Rolling rebuild.
Post #334817 31st May 2014 5:55pm
Patrikj

Sweden 2004 Defender 110 Td5 SW Alveston Red
If you run in to problems on the Swedish Westcoast you can give me a call
and I will try to assist. +46-768-441080

The Swedish Land Rover Club's forum is also a good place to ask for help if needed:
http://slrk.egetforum.se/

/ Patrik
Post #335208 2nd Jun 2014 11:37am
Spookytooth

Thanks PatrikJ, crossed the arctic circle today and then visited the Malstrom near Bodo. Landy limping along although today I had a new problem. It would not engage any gear. Gear lever would slot in but engine would only rev, no traction at all. Left it for 10 mins and gears worked OK so I have parked it up for the night and hope it is just some unaccountable hiccup, guess Ill find out when I set off in the morning! Dreaming of a Prius or a Fiat 500 or a proper car
Post #335245 2nd Jun 2014 4:24pm
Lou Sparts

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Spookytooth, just a thought with your gear problem had you transfer lever slipped in to neutral ? 2005 Td5 90 XS

Steve
Post #335254 2nd Jun 2014 5:06pm
Cold_n_Wet

Norway 
I agree, sounds some how the transfer box was in neutral, otherwise the clutch has gone.

Besides your'd get bored in a Prius, as there's no good forum for rice cooker owners...

on the good side your covering some good ground and the weather forcasy for the weekend is excellent in north norway. "Rafiki" 2007 110 STW - Rolling rebuild.
Post #335273 2nd Jun 2014 6:23pm
Spookytooth

Well it gets even stranger, jumped in the Landy this morning and all gears worked (I understand the point about the high/low neutral, however I never touched it, or if I did I also knocked it back into position afterwards without realising it) and something was very strange, couldn't work it out at first and then I realised that the Click, Clonk, Bang, I had been experiencing ever since the transfer box was changed a couple of weeks ago, had gone! Still not perfect but wonderful compared to what it was. I was so happy today and it was so warm, I felt all my troubles evaporating into the mountain air. What wonderful vehicles Defenders are for the few hours they work properly and I wish to denounce my comments about Prius an Fiat 500's ( for today at any rate). I shared a picnic bench with a couple of German motorcyclists for lunch, I asked if they had experienced any trouble with their bikes, they said 'of course not, they are German, the best' thank God they didn't
Post #335457 3rd Jun 2014 4:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12