↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Rear Sliding window removal on Defender 110 - HOW ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
hawky

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 2.5 TD CSW Zambezi Silver
Rear Sliding window removal on Defender 110 - HOW ?
Hi, first ever post here.

I have a '05 Defender CSW 110 and NNED to replace the rear sliding windows with a metal sheet over the whole side (so as to covert to van). But how do the windows actually come out ?

I've removed the interior fixing spacers, and as there are no rivets (like previous models, as newer models have no external rubbers, and is just a flush face), there appears to be just a foam seal around the outside - thought that with just a little brute force they would now come out - but NO. Have even tried levering them out by using block of wood on outside gutter to lower body and using an adjustable vice, still won't budge !

Is there a mastic seal as well ? I was hoping to remove them, accurately measure to fit new panels, paint & install them this w/e, and now holding up progress of rear interior refit.

Any ideas anyone ?
Post #333213 24th May 2014 1:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GUM97

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Stornoway Grey
I believe the later tyres are bonded in aren't they? If so, they may take a bit of persuasion! An engine to TDi for!
"Land Rover- Proudly turning drivers into mechanics since 1948"
Post #333215 24th May 2014 2:01pm
hawky

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 2.5 TD CSW Zambezi Silver
I have a feeling that they are as well, Martin !

But if I had to replace a broken glass, the frame would need to come out to do that, so I'm not sure !
There must have been a few people who have had to do this, because of a possible break in perhaps ?
Post #333220 24th May 2014 2:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1