↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Humans blow my mind
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Humans blow my mind
Pulled up at the fuel station, bloke pulls up next to me. It took time to fill my tank. Paid at pump (after some IT trouble). Bloke next to me eventually comes back with shopping. Loads it into his car and drives off! No fuel. So he thought he'd take up space at a pump - when there are huge amounts of parking, and I mean huge. It just does my head in! In the afternoon, we went to a diy store. Woman (this time) struggling to get into a space that is near to the entrance...when six car spaces away are FIVE empty bays, a car or two, then about eight empty bays. But no, she wanted to squeeze into this one space, and hold up all the traffic coming into the car park! Go into diy store and buy some wood (again). Bloke in front of me gets to the front of the queue...THEN gets his wallet out and struggles to find the credit card he wanted. Why didn't he get it out while he was queuing?

I'm not rude or aggressive, but I want to shake this people and ask them just what is going on inside their heads. I simply cannot understand. Seriously, I fear for us all. A professor said yesterday that the human race is too stupid to cope with discovering aliens. He's right, you know. Now left.
Post #329201 8th May 2014 7:50am
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
I'm not sure your last comment is correct?

As I'm sure there's loads of aliens round where I live and certainly where I work!
Post #329202 8th May 2014 7:55am
munch90

England 
watched someone driving round and round in supermarket car park trying to get as close as possible to the door when they did park and got out wearing trainers , track suit bottoms , and sweat top thing then go in the shop and come out with one bottle of water

are they going to the gym to run or cycle on a machine for 15 mins and get nowhere and PAY to do it !!
if so why worry about getting so close to the door
Post #329205 8th May 2014 8:09am
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
The thing that gets me is the sheep mentality, I park at the far side of car parks away from other cars to avoid bangs, almost invariably I will come back to a car each side with loads of empty spaces why does that happen???, the other thing is those people who think its OK to pull out of give way juncctions when turning right and block 1 lane of the road with the right of way, its rife in the centre of Birmingham however a Defender bearing down on them must make them question thier decision. DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #329218 8th May 2014 9:54am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Re: Humans blow my mind
What puddle? wrote:
... I'm not rude or aggressive, but I want to shake this people and ask them just what is going on inside their heads. ...

Absolutely nothing in many cases.

What puddle? wrote:
... I simply cannot understand. Seriously, I fear for us all. A professor said yesterday that the human race is too stupid to cope with discovering aliens. He's right, you know.

Without straying too far into politically incorrect territoy, we have removed the need for thought from daily life, we have removed all peril and hazard from daily life, and we have removed all need for physical prowess and fitness from daily life. As a result, there is nothing removing "stupid" and "unfit" genes from the breeding pool. We also have second, third, and even fourth generation stupid roaming freely amongst us, as evidenced so well by your post.

It makes something of a mockery of the "sapiens" part of "homo sapiens", and it will continue to get worse - it is the inevitable result of a "civilised" society.

Ever seen the film "Idiocracy"? Scarily predictive.
Post #329219 8th May 2014 9:54am
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
I haven't seen that film, but I will look it up. I'm serious when I say about my fear for us all. I really don't think we can advance very much beyond our present level. The same professor who said about us meeting aliens carried out a survey of 116 American students. Almost 80% believe in demons and angels!!! Eh? I read the report out to my wife and we both agreed that it's actually scarey. I'm an atheist myself, and try very hard to be tolerant of other's beliefs, so I'm aware that there are VERY many people who believe stuff which I just find funny and bizarre - but 80% in demons and angels?

As for sheep mentality, I have a theory about that. I too have always parked my car away from others in car parks, and come out of the shop to find someone parked right next to me (in one case my wife couldn't get in!). I think they must be doing it for a joke. Surely people cannot be THAT empty-headed? I think I said elsewhere on this forum that in one instance I parked over in a corner, as much as a hundred yards away from the pack, and came out to find an Audi parked right next to me. They guy must surely have been having a joke, and it did make us laugh. Now left.
Post #329232 8th May 2014 10:58am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
What Puddle wrote:
... I really don't think we can advance very much beyond our present level....

We are no longer advancing nor evolving in the accepted sense - we are now un-evolving. The days when "survival of the fittest" - classic Darwinism - was relevant have gone from human society. Technology now means that we don't have to be fit or healthy to survive and breed, we don't even have to be intelligent. Slowly humans will become less and less capable in all respects.

This is why we now have motorists who will drive in front of trains, who will follow sat-navs with unwavering faith into obviously unsuitable places, and so on. We have conditioned generations now that there is no need to think, everything is safe and everything is someone else's responsibility and someone elses fault.

For many years sci-fi writers and film-makers have revelled in the idea of zombies - the dead walking again - and the "zombie apocolypse". The scenario is not impossible, except the zombies won't be the dead rising and walking, they will be the tenth (or whatever) generation stupid.

What Puddle wrote:
... Almost 80% believe in demons and angels....

Some years ago one of the soaps had a character die in a car crash at a recognisable location near Winchester. Within hours the site had been deluged with flowers etc in a gormless expression of public grief, despite that fact that the whole show is make believe! Apparently many viewers of these things actually believe that they are real!

200,000 years of "evolution" has brought us to this!

Last edited by blackwolf on 8th May 2014 11:19am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #329236 8th May 2014 11:16am
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
I can only walk about 50 yards unaided.
I use a supermarket trolley as a 'zimmer' frame.
I just park near one of the trolley shelters and walk from there.
If there's a space near the entrance I'll use it but I don't waste time looking or waiting for one.
(Because I can walk more than 50 yards with a stick, I don't qualify for a blue badge.) 
Post #329238 8th May 2014 11:19am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jimbob7

A bit naive to think people are getting dumber, "common sense is not so common", was first quoted in 1764 Thumbs Up . Pov.spec,ftw. 2006, 110,TD5.
Post #329240 8th May 2014 11:23am
custom90

United Kingdom 
People are lazier is the issue I think.
Post #329242 8th May 2014 11:37am
Tiger

2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Java Black
And yet...

Thumbs Up

(To restore a little faith)
Post #329254 8th May 2014 12:32pm
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Laurie,

you sound like you 'should' be entitle to a blue badge......

certainly compared to the young 'alien' person that parks near where I work......he seems perfectly fit to me and always seems to be smiling like he's taking the pee when he and his mates park up Evil or Very Mad
Post #329255 8th May 2014 12:38pm
munch90

England 
just had a bloke on the phone about his petrol 1600 car , its 14yrs old and I asked him when it was last serviced , he said oh ive never serviced I don't need too it hasn't got spark plugs its injected !
Post #329259 8th May 2014 1:01pm
munch90

England 
what about the bloke who wrote to government and requested under the freedom of information act wanting to know what they have done to be ready for a attack by zombies
Post #329260 8th May 2014 1:06pm
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
Some people also applied to Leicester City Council to ask them what their plans were for a zombie attack. The council were forced to reply that they have no plans. I don't know what's more worrying; that someone asked, or that the Council bothered replying. Now left.
Post #329267 8th May 2014 1:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>