↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Has anyone Installed Alpine SWE-1200 Compact 8 Subwoofer ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
peanutbob

United Kingdom 
Thanks for the reply.
The yelllow lead with an inline fuse says battery on it, whereas the blue and white lead with both male/female connectors acc to the instructions is the remote turn on lead. So, I was hoping to use the battery lead via piggy back fuse holder onto an existing 10a fuse holder but one which switches on with the ignition....not certain which one yet.
The blue white lead I guess goes to the head unit if possible. I’m just about to pull the hu out to see..
Post #864731 1st Nov 2020 10:55am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
The yellow should go to battery (permanent), the blue/white is used as the switch on command from the head unit.

You could pick up battery permanent from the battery feed into the fuse box.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #864744 1st Nov 2020 12:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
peanutbob

United Kingdom 
Thanks again . I’m heading out now so I’ll have a go tomorrow. I’ve just been trying to feed the speaker wires down the back of the head unit... bit of a faff without unscrewing some of the dash front cover, but I’m going to get some thin brazing type wire to act as a pulley.
Post #864746 1st Nov 2020 12:13pm
peanutbob

United Kingdom 
Having now connected the speakers to the hu, the radio does not have a remote turn off wire, just the socket, which the blue/white lead plug does not fit in. So, do I fit the blue/white lead to a switched output under the drivers seat, and if so any idea which one, and then what happens to the yellow battery lead?

Many thanks!
Post #864928 2nd Nov 2020 10:42am
peanutbob

United Kingdom 
Think I now see what has to be done. The blue white lead from the main multi connector has to be disconnected and the blue white amp lead goes in between with the double connector.
Post #864935 2nd Nov 2020 11:16am
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
According to the PDF for your head unit (page 20/21), it does have a switch-on "REMOTE" output - numbers 9/10/11.

https://catalogs.pioneer-car.eu/Manuals/DE...l/?page=20

As you are not seeing the loose end blue/white wire labelled 10 there is a adapter cable between the Defender loom and the Pioneer, the remote output wire should be in there somewhere. It's not on the Defender loom unless you happen to have a late-ish 2.2 with the bulkhead loom with the wiring in place for the factory subwoofer.

The blue/white is a trigger only, which turns on the sub when the head unit is on. You can't power the sub entirely using it.

The yellow is the main power supply for the sub and MUST be connected to a permanent supply.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #864937 2nd Nov 2020 11:22am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
peanutbob

United Kingdom 
Hi Martin
I have a 13 plate defender. On the figure 2 of the pio manual for the power supply there is a blue and white cable coming out...so using the twin blue and white cable from the amp I have used the two plugs in between and the reconnected them all together. I hope this should work as then the amp should get the 12v supply....?
There is a remote output fig 8, but the amp cable plug will not fit in. I presume the idea of the amp two connector male and female plugs is that it is designed to fit in between as above.

It is a 2.2tdi so I think you’re right ref the factory wiring in situ of a sub.

Many thanks again - you are a fountain of knowledge !
If this is now correct, I think the easiest thing now is using a piggy back fuse connector arriving today, is to connect the yellow lead to a 10a fuse under the drivers seat. I’ve fed the wires in this direction!
Post #864941 2nd Nov 2020 11:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123