Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > EKA code
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
Michael Brindley

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
EKA code
Hi Mike,
Dont know if you can help or perhaps somebody else may know.Have always had with new Defender a security card with security details eg EKA code and radio code etc,My 2013 came with no codes neither did my 2012 model but the dealer gave me the codes off the computer.For my 2013 they are now saying they are not necessary .Ive got a feeling that the radio does not need one because ive had the battery disconnected and the radio came back on afterwards(its alpine unit)
but am sure that the alarm and immobiliser is still the same as older units.Also didnt get keys for locking fuel cap but am told that you dont use them because if they want to get your fuel they just force it off anyway.Perhaps you should not put door locks on or ignition locks either because if they really want them they will force them anyway.Perhaps i ought take the losks off doors at home as well.Think somebody cant really be bothered myself.
Post #326770 28th Apr 2014 7:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hello,

I am not 100% sure in regards to the EKA and Radio codes, however I will find out and come back to you.

In reference to the fuel cap what you have been told is not true. You should have been supplied with the keys for the fuel cap so I strongly advise you speak with your dealership to make sure these are given to you.

Many Thanks

Mike
Post #326910 29th Apr 2014 8:50am
Michael Brindley

Thanks for you very prompt reply.Think I might just have to buy new fuel cap,Not worth the arguments with service desk and after my experiences with them over warranty work yesterday probably won't be going back there again.Look foreward to your reply Thank You.Always used to think certain issues were caused by Landrover but having felt with LR customer services last year now know it's the dealers.
Post #326924 29th Apr 2014 9:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
For the radio code it might be worth looking in the battery compartment - at build completion there would have been a small plastic baggie taped to the battery with the radio code in it, so that the radio can be set when the battery was connected. Surprisingly often you'll find it is still there.

The EKA can be recovered by anyone with a diagnostic system such as Faultmate or Nanocom (or of course LR's official system) from the AS10 unit. Just one of several "features" which makes Defenders so easy to steal!
Post #326928 29th Apr 2014 9:53am
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hello,

I have just been advised by our technical team that you no longer need a radio code. However there is an EKA code. To get this you would need to visit one of our dealerships and they will be able to get this for you.

Many Thanks

Mike
Post #326929 29th Apr 2014 10:00am
Michael Brindley

Thanks Mike,
Been in twice now once for service and once for warranty work,asked both times but they still won't give it to me.When asked yesterday they said I don't need it.Local dealers not really interested if you didn't buy it from us we don't want to know thats what I was told last time.Thats why I have a 5 hr round trip to current dealer.Can I get it from you via PM.
Regards Michael
Post #326931 29th Apr 2014 10:16am
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hello,

You really should't need to go through all of this just to get an EKA code.

Unfortunately I can not provide it as we need to see proof of ownership and physically see your vehicle due to security reasons etc. If you let me know next time you are visiting one of our dealerships (warranty work, service etc). I will contact them to make sure they provide you with this.

Many Thanks

Mike
Post #326933 29th Apr 2014 10:19am
Michael Brindley

Many thanks,
Next time I'm sitting in a lay-by for 5 hrs waiting for LR assit will think of this while I can't start my car.
Post #326937 29th Apr 2014 10:58am
Michael Brindley

dealer still adamant dont need it so I think we're going to get nowhere.
Landrover fault for not supplying it origionally .dealer at fault when asked for it twice .
Just had its 12000 mile service and second trip for warranty work not travelling 5 hrs for code surely you can supply dealer with code.If I can't get an EKA code got no chance of getting fuel cap keys.
Post #326969 29th Apr 2014 2:54pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
The dealer is being awkward, try another (easier said than done I know).  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #326970 29th Apr 2014 2:55pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
I am sorry you are being told by the dealer that you can not have it, this is not the case.

The dealership will have access to it directly if not all they need to do is contact our technical team to get it, which they are aware of.

Many Thanks

Mike
Post #326971 29th Apr 2014 2:58pm
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Don't know what "technical team" means (I can just imagine the fun you'd have with one switchboard operator after another), the dealer should/must get your EKA code from “Land Rover Traceability”.

Peter
Post #327012 29th Apr 2014 6:23pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
I'd get hold of the dealership priciple, and explain to him/her that regardless of whether they think you don't need the EKA code, you want to have it.

Maybe for when your alarm plipper battery dies and you want to be able to manually enter the code (using the ignition/door switch tango) to be able to restart your vehicle.
Post #327033 29th Apr 2014 7:46pm
Lou Sparts

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
I bet you would have been treated very differently if you had spent the thick end of 100 k on a new Range Rover ! 2005 Td5 90 XS

Steve
Post #327037 29th Apr 2014 7:56pm
Michael Brindley

4 defenders in 10 years from them plus all servicing and warranty work.Had Defenders now for 25 years and they treat you like you don't know anything.
Post #327048 29th Apr 2014 8:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>