↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Clear fog and reverse from BoB, do I have a problem?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
custom90

United Kingdom 
Clear fog and reverse from BoB, do I have a problem?
Just looking for opinions if possible, I've recently bought some RDX LUX clear fog and reverse lights from Bolt on Bits.
I can't help but notice they are slightly different in lense type but I'm not exactly sure if I have got what I should expect or incorrect item.
This http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RDX-LUX-LED-NAS-...337c1899cf
Is what I bought which is the RDX LUX reverse light and the same but a clear fog I got too.
The fog is the lense type you see in the ebay add and on the left of my photo of what I have got below which is what I wanted and ordered.

Click image to enlarge

On the left of my photo is the clear fog with LUX on the lense and the lense design I ordered.
The revere is on the right and has Wipac on the lense and also the lense type is different nor am I keen on it.
Shouldn't they match each other both with LUX on the lense and both with a lense style of the left one?
If you compare the ad I purchased from's photo to the revere light (pictured right) you will see they are different.
What do you think?

A little difficult to describe here but I hope you get the jist.
The jist is I thought I ordered the lense type like the fog on the left and I thought they should both match too on design. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #295598 4th Jan 2014 12:29am
dondiddy

Scotland 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi ST Nato Green
Steve, They have sent you the wrong reverse light if it says Wipac on it as it is not an RDX lamp. They are quite similar so could easily get mixed up on the shelf I suppose. If you bought them seperately it might be worth checking that you haven`t made a mistake when ordering and bought the wrong item again because they look similar. Not with lights but I speak from experience with other things where I didn`t read the advert properly! Embarassed If ordered correctly then you need to get back onto them to sort out getting the correct RDX lamp. Neutral
Post #295601 4th Jan 2014 1:17am
custom90

United Kingdom 
Thanks for clarification, I definitely purchased as the ebay link which is RDX LUX.
At first I never even noticed until this evening.
I trust they will swap though all the same, they are very good. Smile Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #295607 4th Jan 2014 1:59am
GUM97

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Stornoway Grey
Steve- The one on the right is a Ring Automotive 95mm LED unit. They're brilliant quality (we use them on the trucks), but they're cheaper than the 19 that BoB charged! The part numbers are RCV4508 for the rear fog and RCV4505 for the reverse according to our parts database... Funnily enough, the BoB reverse light looks exactly the same as the Ring one Whistle An engine to TDi for!
"Land Rover- Proudly turning drivers into mechanics since 1948"
Post #295616 4th Jan 2014 9:39am
carrotbay

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 BMW M57 3.0 Diesel XS CSW Auto Santorini Black
I've fitted a full set of clear RDX lights recently (thanks to my wife for the Christmas present!) .. I've just looked out the window (through the pouring rain) and I too have different pattern fog and reverse lights (I hadn't spotted it).

Pls let me know how you get on with an exchange. It maybe more difficult for me as they have been fitted. 2008 Defender 110 XS SW - M57N2 / 6HP28X
Post #295617 4th Jan 2014 9:39am
munch90

England 
I just had same same problem , brought mine just before xmas and got different reflectors so brought a single light as didn't want to wait to send back get replacement etc . that was same as one sent first so still didn't have a pair .. so got the hump and brought another single light for different supplier . guess what different again still no pair . spent ages looking through ebay and found some listing with different lights in there listing ,
I was trying to fit 2 reverse 2 fog .so ended up with lots of lights and had 2 wipac and two rdx lux all clear led . but rdx has square looking reflector and wipac round hole looking BUT IT DIDNT LOOK RIGHT
so tried to get 2 wipac fog with clear lense (the reflector with round holes ) and im sure you cant get them in clear .
so after all that I ended up getting the hump again and going to local wipac dealer and got 2 wipac red lense led fogs
and it looks ok I think. better than all clear .

have wipac taken over rdx or something as all the lights I brought off ebay listings the picture showed rdx reflector but got sent wipac version (with small hole style ).

if you want all clear led I don't think you can get them from wipac

but to be honest I don't think clear stop/tail or clear fog look right in led always seem to look pinkish

I got on rear:
clear ind led
red stop tail led
clear reverse (of course)
and red led fog
front :
clear led side
clear led ind
AND BAG OF NEW ONES LEFT OVER.

they need to change there listing pics on ebay from the rdx to wipac
Post #295634 4th Jan 2014 10:28am
custom90

United Kingdom 
On the left hand light is the RDX reverse and right is Wipac clear fog.
I shall have to ask them Monday and see what they say, the ad definitely shows it being an RDX LUX clear fog with the same pattern as the reveres RDX light and the add mentions nothing of Wipac.
Unless it's due to needing to be a slightly different slight spread.
Wanted just a clear fog on the back to even up the look. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #295650 4th Jan 2014 11:35am
munch90

England 
quote:
Wanted just a clear fog on the back to even up the look.

when i brought my first ones couple of years ago you got pair of rdx clear fog and clear reverse with the square looking holes in reflector .
but now only seem to get the fog with small round holes in reflector .

i wanted the same ones as per listing as i already had clear led rdx fitted but wanted 2 fog and 2 reverse
but ended up with wipac red fog and wipac reverse ,all with same style reflector in the end .

i wanted all clear same as you but don't think you can do it
unless someone has old stock of rdx clear fog

(may have got round wrong way what you can get clear or red but know i could not do it how i wanted too because of different style reflectors)

think its the rdx clear fog you cant seem to get
Post #295653 4th Jan 2014 11:45am
munch90

England 
custom90steve wrote:
On the left hand light is the RDX reverse and right is Wipac clear fog.
I shall have to ask them Monday and see what they say, the ad definitely shows it being an RDX LUX clear fog with the same pattern as the reveres RDX light and the add mentions nothing of Wipac.
Wanted just a clear fog on the back to even up the look.

you need the wipac reverse then you got a pair (think that's right )

mine was more of a cock up as I was trying to match up with what I already had fitted.
Post #295659 4th Jan 2014 12:07pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Now even I've got confused and mixed up. Thud
Let's describe them easier, the square reflector in my photo actually is the fog so you can get them in the RDX version!
It is the reverse with the round reflector design that is Wipac and I believe to be the wrong one.
If anyone has had a reverse with the square reflector design that proves the issue more.
Anyone can confirm?

I've tried giving them a ring but it's a Saturday so no answer.
I think I'll mail them via ebay and see what they say.
These product are good but their packing is a little bit off, I had a pair of stop tail or sidelights delivered recently which had a foam gasket missing with it.
In their defence them sent one straight away no questions asked. Thumbs Up

So I bought this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221125319119?ssP...1497.l2649
And ended up with:

Click image to enlarge

Which you can see is A. Wipac and not RDX LUX & B. Completely different reflector design. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #295664 4th Jan 2014 12:19pm
munch90

England 
Yes think i got that wrong
i could not find a clear wipac fog and ended up with red lense led wipac fogs
Post #295667 4th Jan 2014 12:29pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
I'll give them an email and report back when I get any extra info. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #295668 4th Jan 2014 12:30pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Right, sent an ebay message through resolution centre about incorrect item. Need to hear back, probably Monday now.
If the fog is the square reflector design I swear it's an error.
I thought the regular light all had RDX on the lense and this NAS spec LUX like the fog in the photo with the square reflector. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #295674 4th Jan 2014 1:07pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Found via google images a now "ended" listing from BoB selling the two fog and reverse together in clear just with plinths too.
Again it shows the square reflector design and not the Wipac round holes design.
Look here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-RDX-LUX-LED-NAS-...0442214604
I wonder if they've ran out of stock and hope no one notices Whistle

*Edit*
Oh and again: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-RDX-LUX-LED-NAS-...7675.l2557 Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #295678 4th Jan 2014 1:36pm
munch90

England 
yes think they run out of stock .. and hoped no one noticed
but the one I got from a different supplier on ebay .they had rdx pic but sent wipac so maybe they stopped making the rdx ones now..
Post #295687 4th Jan 2014 2:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>