Home > Pictures & Video > CLEAN OR DIRTY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
sharkey964

France 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
gilarion wrote:
Wow what a post about detailing.

Having fully read it I have copied down all the relevant bits and for all those who need a quick reference rather than going through all those paragraphs I have condensed them down as an easy to follow guide.

Firstly run your fingers provocatively over the surface to see it feels smooth

Then use a lubricant while you rub the surface, not aggressively but gently. Remember to use lots of lubricant while rubbing the sausage shape in your hand. If it feels hard, you should place it in a tub of warm water for 5 minutes and then try it again, remembering to give it a quick spray with the lubricant. After you have finished wipe up any residual lubricant using a towel.

You could use a hand machine which opens up more possibilities, as it allows for harder pressure for much longer with ease, all the time applying constant pressure!!

A hand machine offers many advantages over working just by hand alone because its action creates a lot of friction. My favourite is the dual action Porter Cable with different speeds all fully selectable via a thumbwheel. When you start, you should spend the first couple of minutes on a low speed setting applying only light pressure after a couple of minutes, you should turn the speed up applying moderate pressure. Slow, overlapping passes are ideal this gives the best finish.

When it actually comes to applying wax the process couldn't be any simpler. Although some products are better left to dry before buffing off. I recommend using only back and forth or side to side motions this will give you a great long lasting finish

Absolutely brilliant...PMSL Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
Post #363116 8th Oct 2014 5:12pm
LR90XS2011

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Bow down DEFENDER 90 TDCI XS,

I hope everyone is well and your land rovers make you happy
Post #363142 8th Oct 2014 6:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123