Home > Land Rover Customer Relations > Defender Insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
anrw

United Kingdom 
Defender Insurance
Mike

You might be interested to feed back something about insurance. Whilst ringing round to get quotes for my Defender 90 Hard Top XS one insurer refused to quote me because this vehicle didn't come up on their system. This is apparently because a 90 Hard Top XS is not shown as a separate model on the Land Rover website from where they gather their data. I also think it is strange that JLR don't show this vehicle as a separate model - don't you? Also it is the only vehicle on the site that doesn't have the 'build your own' facility where you might expect the XS option to come up.

Regards

Nigel
Post #317813 21st Mar 2014 3:07pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account
Verified Account

United Kingdom 
Hi Nigel,

Thank you for your feedback. This isn't something that anyone has brought to my attention before.

I will make sure this is passed on to the relevant department.

Many Thanks

Mike
Post #317817 21st Mar 2014 3:20pm
Cuthbert

I tried the official Land Rover insurance contact number in December - so the Dealer could get my new Defender taxed and registered.

It was a painful process - the chap who answered the phone appeared totally clueless about the Land Rover product range. Whatever screen he appeared to be looking at didn't seem to able to locate a bog standard Defender 90 Utility Station Wagon. There is obviously a complete disconnect in how basic information flows between the Factory, the dealer, the insurance people and the customer. If the insurance chaps are 'official Land Rover partners' - it would be more impressive/seamless if you just phoned the insurance chaps, quoted your order number with the dealer and they know exactly which model and accessories package you are wanting to insure?

I'd suggest your insurance 'partners' also need some basic lessons on what a Land Rover is and what models come out of the factory.

We then spent a long time covering all the usual intrusive questions these people use to populate their databases and seem totally irrelevant to insuring a Defender. Needless to say I didn't bother taking out a 12 month policy with them.

Great Defender product, good dealer service, awful insurance contact.
Post #320088 29th Mar 2014 9:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1