↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Different Mud Terrains...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
MuddyMarky wrote:
fekete wrote:
This is a pic of 265/75/16

mmmmmm I like 'em Cool

.....but have to ask (I know it's been asked before, before you shout at me!).... White lettering inside or outside on my black 90?

Put it on the out side and if you get fed up with it colour it in Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #25450 28th Feb 2010 8:04pm
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Just note that you'll get more mileage out of BFG (just to factor into your pricing).

Cooper ST is less aggressive than the STT - in between BFG AT and MT. Depends what you want them for but if you're worried about noise then it suggests you're doing quite a bit of road. Wouldn't an AT or ST be more suitable? One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #25581 2nd Mar 2010 10:11am
MuddyMarky

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
alantd wrote:
Just note that you'll get more mileage out of BFG (just to factor into your pricing).

Cooper ST is less aggressive than the STT - in between BFG AT and MT. Depends what you want them for but if you're worried about noise then it suggests you're doing quite a bit of road. Wouldn't an AT or ST be more suitable?

Thats what Im trying to suss out for myself, Alan. I do most of my mileage on road, but mostly only short distances so want to see if the noise thing would be OK, but also have the benefit of a more aggressive tyre, you know?

You reckon I'd get less miles out of the Coopers, what kind of difference are we talking, in anyone's experience? Mark
2011 110 XS DC
Stornoway Grey
Post #25597 2nd Mar 2010 5:06pm
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
I'd guess 30k vs 45k? However there will be dozens of factors at play.

I'm trying to work out what my next set of shoes will be as well. I think I've settled on BFG AT on the grounds that they'll be heaps better than my Grabbers, they will last forever and they will work in pretty much every situation.

Most of my driving is road with occasional mud/grass/gravel and aspirational sand. In a recent test of the new BFG muds they bench-marked against the AT and were reminded just how capable the ATs were in gloopy mud up steep hills. One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #25604 2nd Mar 2010 6:20pm
Glynparry25

Wales 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Tonga Green
MuddyMarky wrote:

Thats what Im trying to suss out for myself, Alan. I do most of my mileage on road, but mostly only short distances so want to see if the noise thing would be OK.

This last Thursday I drove from Ripon (N Yorkshire) to Tiverton (Devon) and then on Monday from Tiverton to Dumfries (Scotland) and I am running BFG muds and to be honest I don't notice any noise that is any louder than the engine at low speeds and wind noise when I am going at faster speeds.

MuddyMarky wrote:

You reckon I'd get less miles out of the Coopers, what kind of difference are we talking, in anyone's experience?

I have two sets of BFGs one with 12K on them and another with 45K on them ( I will see if I can find a picture) and both sets look like new. I reacon I would get at least 150K out of them.

Glyn Sheep
Post #25607 2nd Mar 2010 7:16pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
BFG Availability Dependant on Size!
Despite the BFG website giving details of tyre sizes and styles I wanted a set of KM2s. I have been informed by the wholesalers via my mate in the trade that a set of BFG KM2s in 32X11:50X15 are NOT obtainable despite being depicted on their website. 'Michelin' have also stated that alot of BFG tyres are on 'back order' according to them!

Have decided after talking to Fekete to go with Cooper STTs instead! Moral of the story "Check availability before setting your heart on a set of a great looking boots!" If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #25613 2nd Mar 2010 8:33pm
discocuzzy

England 
Ive had 2 sets of Muds...BFG and Kumho, due to the mileage i do on road ive swapped to BFG ATs and i have to say whilst i hate the look of them, they have coped brilliantly with all the offroading i do.
Im not a mud plugger and i know they wont be as good in the gloopy stuff as my MTs but they are a lot quieter on the road Thumbs Up

Question is, what do i put on these????

You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #25631 2nd Mar 2010 10:34pm
fekete

MICKY THOMPSON Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #25632 2nd Mar 2010 10:37pm
discocuzzy

England 
Censored Feckete!!.....Thats what im being drawn too!!! 305s Laughing You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #25635 2nd Mar 2010 10:40pm
fekete

Go with them Dell They will look cool Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #25640 2nd Mar 2010 10:47pm
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 
I would like to see them fit. Rolling with laughter

You may need a saw to cut off one of your wheel studs. Rolling with laughter

What sizes in 5 x 165 are available ???????????? Thumbs Up

Andy.
Post #25644 2nd Mar 2010 10:52pm
discocuzzy

England 
That is a jeep stud pattern shown in the pic, but the Landy ones are the same finish...16x8s Thumbs Up You cannot teach stupid people to do clever things
Post #25649 2nd Mar 2010 11:08pm
TACK

Nice wheels Thumbs Up too shiny for mud, look very expensive too Whistle
Post #25654 3rd Mar 2010 12:05am
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 
Look more like a Jap stud pattern.

If they are available in 8x16 for Defender, I would love to look in to these, if you can get me details of who and where and there is enough interest I would be happy to buy bulk if it helps.

Very nice looking wheel. Thumbs Up

Andy.
Post #25662 3rd Mar 2010 7:44am
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Re: BFG Availability Dependant on Size!
K9F wrote:
'Michelin' have also stated that alot of BFG tyres are on 'back order' according to them! Have decided after talking to Fekete to go with Cooper STTs instead! Moral of the story "Check availability before setting your heart on a set of a great looking boots!"

Who's Eating All The Off-Road Tyres?

Today delivery dependant I shall be the proud owner of a brand new set of black powder coated Mach 5 Wheels! Thumbs Up Want a chuckle at my expense? Should I wish to fit them to my vehicle and drive it I shall have to find a disused railway track to do so! Big Cry Crying or Very sad Big Cry

Decided on a potential of two tyre styles I really really liked the look of:- Idea

BF Goodrich KM2s 32X11:50X15 - Not available at all at this time despite the size being advertised on BF Goodrich's own website! Banging Head

Cooper STTs then same size? 5 to 6 weeks wait on back order. I tried four different sources down south and Fekete tried for me up north (thanks matey!) same story. Big Cry Crying or Very sad Big Cry

'All good things come to those who wait' apparently! I shall let you know if this is true. K9 has decided to wait regardless now as order has been placed! Whistle

But - Question Who's eating all the bl00dy tyres? Question If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #25848 5th Mar 2010 9:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>