Home > Puma (Tdci) > dealer ineptitude
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
munsterlandy

Ireland 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Santorini Black
dealer ineptitude
hows the form all?

dropped sarge (named by my sons 5 & 3!) into dealer on Tuesday last week for handbrake oil seal recall. gave in a shortish list of bits to look over (well short if you only read 1 side of the page!!)

now by Wednesday of this week still no oil seal replaced (put on another vehicle allegedly) wet foot well allegedly sorted by door card seal (torn allegedly) and bonding door seal (hmmm will wait to see as i mentioned the issues noted with windscreen seal). new clutch ordered, transfer box to be removed for inspection, gearbox to be stripped maybe replaced due to syncro problem 1st 2nd and rattling selector as per others experience, heater recycle control unit ordered, door hinge bolts ordered (rusting).

told not to be wrried about water getting in as they supposed to leak! Censored

dont mind waiting for bits and pieces but they didn't even look at the mecanical issues till tuesday this week!!!!!!
some shower of langers Evil or Very Mad
anyone had similar delay issues?

oh and no loan vehicle! according to them landrover wont cover for 1 in Ireland. spudfan/cannonball any experience like this?

feel like Banging Head Banging Head Banging Head
Post #23528 3rd Feb 2010 11:40pm
BigGeorge

Switzerland 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Keswick Green
These wrench monkeys will never learn it!

Same here with my first TDCi. Went in for change of rear Diff. Told them also to sort out water ingress. My car was there for almost 3months waiting for the diff. The dealer calls me to tell that they will be done the following day. Asked them if they checked for water ingress and they said, no they will do this the next day.... as if they hadn't had time for that during the 3month waiting period. Twisted Evil The goons are trying to bring me down!

Defender 110 SW MY10 useless piece of Censored ... but I like her
Defender 90 V8 50th Anniversary
Series IIa 109 / 6 cyl. ex-fire truck
Post #23531 4th Feb 2010 12:05am
Nidge

Ireland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Cairns Blue
Re: dealer ineptitude
[quote="munsterlandy"]
anyone had similar delay issues?
oh and no loan vehicle! according to them landrover wont cover for 1 in Ireland. spudfan/cannonball any experience like this?

Munster landy thats a load of rubbish, Your entitled to a loan car if you truck is under warranty.

Its down to your relationship with your dealer.
I had my 2007 puma in and out of Stuarts Garages in Dublin, for warranty work, ( 6 or 7 times last year ) always had a loan car and they sorted all the issues I had with the truck, very happy with their level of service and I would be fussy about my truck !

Nidge.
Post #23535 4th Feb 2010 9:43am
Cannonball

Ireland 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Similar story here. Dealer does supply a loan car however, it's nothing to do with Land Rover. Had various issues, some to be resolved including water ingress, but I get the impression that dealers here are not really Land Rover enthusiasts as such, merely regarded as another franchise to be taken on in the boom years as another source of easy money. I also have the gearbox problem mentioned along with a clunk coming from the rear but my dealer seems to be incapable of putting any pressure on Land Rover UK with warranty issues. Looks like things are more complicated since Land Rover Ireland closed down. So far have had clutch and transfer box replaced to cure severe drivetrain juddering when coming to a halt after an hour or so of travelling. That problem was there from new and took 16 months to resolve!! Only sorted after giving keys to dealer for a week before they agreed there was a problem. Going in for 2nd service in June and hope to have gearbox/clunk/leaks sorted then but I'sure it will be a battle. If things are not resolved then I intend to go to a dealer in the North. I've already made contact with one and they would be happy to deal with any warranty issues from owners down here. Having said all that to be positive I do have to say that I am more than pleased with the vehicle in general and would certainly consider replacing it with another were it not for the punitive VRT and car tax rates.
Post #23537 4th Feb 2010 10:53am
110SEB

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Hello you lot over the water Thumbs Up surely Land Rover Assistance would sort you out with a courtesy car. We usually get a Fauxlander2 from Europcar.
Post #23541 4th Feb 2010 12:32pm
Cannonball

Ireland 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Don't think we have LR Assist here. We have to make do with 3 year AA Membership.
Post #23558 4th Feb 2010 3:22pm
Eduardo

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
True around the world...

Here in Chile, the only dealer also have Porsche, Volvo and Jaguar and appears to be that the Defender is the poor brother of the family. For this reason they really dont take care too much about it, given the best attention to other more expensive cars.

Cheers Eduardo

MY 2007 110 SW PUMA 2.4: Big Fog of 64'
MY 1994 Jayco 1207 Folding camper: "El Tremendo"

Click image to enlarge
Post #23560 4th Feb 2010 3:31pm
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
M/landy were's ya truck at Topcar in Cork City?you do get LR assist it's managed by the AA now previously by Mondial,you should get a hire car it's a warranty issue.

hope you get it sorted. 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.
Post #23563 4th Feb 2010 4:49pm
spudfan

Ireland 
I take mine to a dealer in Northern Ireland for warranty work. Have not needed a replacement car so far. I too would have no problem buying another Puma. The current road tax on the passenger version is ridiculous to say the the least. Got ours done on the older "cc" system with a day to spare. Could not afford €2,000 road tax per year! 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #23568 4th Feb 2010 6:58pm
munsterlandy

dealer ineptitude
hi guys. thanks for the feedback Thumbs Up

problem appears to be lack of coordination between garage floor and service staff. guy i'm dealing with is very pro landys and not your Celtic tiger type dealer looking after all the yummy mummies as cannonball alluded to. still no sign of courtesy car. they adamant that there is no provision for one. lucky enough i haven't been stuck but will check out AA/lr assist before next visit (see below). guy im dealing with appears to be genuinely annoyed by the situation (or is it my 2 phone calls per day i wonder?!!!)

anyway update is that - quote " she's back together and you can collect in the morning. handbrake done. i'll show you the list of goodies he (mechanic) has on order. he asked who was at the gearbox before now cos who ever it was doesn't know much about it! even has the rear hubs/shaft/diff things ordered as he not happy with them either(??) " end quote.

great info there then! only people who looked after this vehicle were the largest franchised dealer in the country, according to the previous owner.should be interesting to say the least in the morning when i discuss when they be ready to take her back in to fit said items on list.

grockle

top car gone quite a while now. amalgamated with neighbouring ford garage and became drive motor group. moved to blarney business park though gone bust now like a lot of this country! im dealing with johnson & perrott in mahon point. as i say guy couldn't be better in agreeing with my unhappiness. i should say that they had my work car volvo s80 d5 07 reg, in last year for regular timing belt tensioner issue (no tensioner = no belt!). they were very helpful at the time. didn't look for replacement vehicle at the time cos i was heading away for holiday though wonder what would have been answer if i had at this stage.

must say that im missing the truck to sat the least. keep you posted

Thumbs Up

anto
Post #23580 4th Feb 2010 10:15pm
munsterlandy

dealer ineptitude
nidge i see you online.

you had good service from stuarts? any chance you have any contact in particular to speak to as they dealer who looked after my truck before i took her over.

thanks

anto
Post #23586 4th Feb 2010 11:12pm
Grockle

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
M/Landy I found Drive group very helpfull when we had a problem with the Jag last year,couldn't fault them so good luck,if your ever in Bradys on Oliver Plunkett St.,Bandon, I'll let you buy me a drink Laughing 2.4 90 XS
1968 1/32 scale Britains 109 Pick up.

Last edited by Grockle on 7th Feb 2010 10:16am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #23603 5th Feb 2010 9:46am
munsterlandy

Evening all.
Picked up truck Friday.
Delighted to be reunited! Very Happy

Grockle how often you back? Can always find reason for run in truck!
When you passing through on N25 give a shout for skinny latte(wife says skinny only) Embarassed
Post #23733 6th Feb 2010 9:34pm
Mr.Boots

Ireland 
Are Sean Behan's in Arklow Co.Wicklow any good?
Post #23737 7th Feb 2010 12:43am
munsterlandy

sean behan's
mr boots.
welcome
Smile

no idea i'm afraid bit far from me! had dealings years ago with lads who involved with trials and competitions but can't for life of me remember details. they were independents at time but had (still have?) good rep. Thumbs Up

anto
Post #23739 7th Feb 2010 3:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>