↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > 2016 'SUVs'
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
2016 'SUVs'
We can all wonder just where LR are going to go with the New Defender - while all the while bearing in mind that they will have taken great note of the success of the Evoque. Will LR be able to see the Defender as we here like to see it, or will they see it as 'lifestyle' baby 4x4 - again, bearing in mind the Evoque. Personally I hope it will be so modular that it could be both, but is this the type of 4x4 they'll be competing against?...
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/q1/84757/audi-q1-confirmed
As small SUVs appear to be very much the future, expect quite a few manufacturers to be releasing their own versions of this, like Skoda, Seat and VW (actually the same car!). I wonder if Ford and Vauxhall will also be able to get their act together by then in the baby SUV market. 2016 will be very interesting. Now left.
Post #287168 2nd Dec 2013 9:42pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
i think there'll be 2 models land rover will have.. the 'defender' and some other cheaper, more funky (yeti like) car for the every day user.

then i think the defender will end up in the capable but pricier Amarok/Hilux/Land cruiser colorado (or whatever the shorter one is called now) type category. Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #301657 23rd Jan 2014 11:19pm
What puddle?

United Kingdom 
I think you may be right. LR seem to be getting rid of the Freelander completely - it's about to become a smaller Discovery very soon - with a price tag to match http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/di...-set-grow. With the Freelander gone, that leaves space for a £20k small 4x4. I would like to say sub-£20k, but knowing Land Rover I can't see it! This would mean that the new Defender wouldn't be the baby SUV that is being predicted. So yes, maybe two small 4x4s from LR within the next few years. I hope so as I would want both - one for play, and one for general use. Now left.
Post #301695 24th Jan 2014 9:28am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Driven behind most of the current trend small suv and all of them look like heavily modded versions of the vehicle they are based on rather than bespoke designs in their own right.

Hope lr do something different.
Post #301962 25th Jan 2014 8:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1