Home > Puma (Tdci) > 36,000 mile service and warrant work
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
david110

Scotland 2015 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Santorini Black
36,000 mile service and warrant work
Evening all,

Just had my 2010 defender DC Tdci returned after her 36,000 mile service and warranty repairs and MOT, mileage on the clock was 26,500.
Under warranty things replaced:

1. Clutch rattling, replaced.
2. Front bumper and mounts.
3. Light bezels.
4. Door hinges and bolts.
5. Rear tailgate door hinges and bolts.
6. Side steps, all four.
7. Mud flaps, all four.
8. Rear door card offside.
9. Brake warning light eliminated all the time, sorted, transpired that the hand brake switch was misplaced at assembly.

Full service and MOT carried out at the same time, the car is like new again, I also extended my warranty for a further two years with full Land Rover assistance for mind sake. My local dealer did an outstanding job above and beyond my expectations, I was considering changing it for a brand new double cab again but no point, as it’s like new again, over the moon and enjoying the new old Defender…
Post #284690 24th Nov 2013 12:07am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mark_d

2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
My 60 plate has recently had the following work under warranty.
1. Roof repainted because it was cracking along the gutters.
2. Windscreen frame repainted due to small corrosion breakout.
3. Bulkhead repainted because paint was very thin.
4. New rear head cloth (sagging)
5. Both headlight bezels (corrosion)
6. Offside wing mirror glass (corrosion)
7. Both window slider latches (corrosion)
8. Front bumper replaced (corrosion)
9. Front grill replaced (corrosion on lower grill)

I have reported light corrosion on the rear cappings but haven't heard anything back.
I could have also had the mud flap brackets and side bars replaced but I decided just to replace these myself with stainless steel versions of both. http://defender90xs.blogspot.co.uk/

Last edited by mark_d on 24th Nov 2013 7:38pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #284715 24th Nov 2013 8:43am
Black90

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Warranty work
Hi,
Just bought a 90 on a 59 plate and it is also showing signs of corrosion on some of the areas you have claimed for on your warranty. Just wondering how long is the vehicle covered for to be able to claim for this kind of stuff under the warranty? I notice david110 is in Stirlingshire, which dealer did you use and how did you go about claiming? Many thanks for your help.
Post #284781 24th Nov 2013 3:26pm
david110

Warranty
Generally it’s a three a year warranty starting on the day it was first registered, you could ask a main dealer to check by giving them your registration number. I use Taggarts in Glasgow on Maryhill Rd they are fantastic.
Post #284877 24th Nov 2013 8:00pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Black90

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Many thanks
John
Post #284896 24th Nov 2013 8:46pm
Cuthbert

That's a fairly expensive amount of rework required at Land Rover's expense. Sometimes I just wonder if Red Robbo and his old Leyland comrades are working at Solihull and still using the old BL Quality Manuals - throw a vehicle together from 'value engineered' parts and let the customer discover 'problems' and 'issues'. Then the customer has to waste their time visiting the dealer network to try and get their vehicle sorted.

Buying a new Defender really seems to be a lottery - you might get a really good one or you might not. Better put on my 'lucky' underpants and socks before I sign up at the dealers using my wife's lucky Bingo pen.
Post #284968 24th Nov 2013 11:09pm
david110

That goes for buying anything… you can get a Friday car in any manufacturer, what I think is important, is that Land Rover have sorted my issues that I raised and some I didn’t, as I’m not crawling under my 110 on a daily basis. This wasn’t an inconvenience or waist of time as it was booked in for a 36,000 mile service and first MOT anyway. I’m happy with my service and my 110 and the dealer and the product, not that your were picking on the product as you obviously own a defender and more than happy to share your experiences.
Post #284980 24th Nov 2013 11:45pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Re: Warranty
david110 wrote:
Generally it’s a three a year warranty starting on the day it was first registered,

"Generally" is right! However mine goes in for paintwork under the caveat of 'corrosion' tomorrow on the passenger door also under warranty and it's a 08.

Thumbs Up If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #285022 25th Nov 2013 10:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1