↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Last issue defender.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 13 123 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
Steve bull

Last issue defender.
Chatting to a landrover dealer yesterday, he was down at Solihull yesterday viewing the last issue defender. Comes as a hard top or station wagon or soft top. He has the brochures,....

New defender was also viewed....
Post #284330 22nd Nov 2013 5:45pm
Pacific24

When will they take orders for the last ones?
Post #284372 22nd Nov 2013 7:20pm
Sonarmender

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
They are taking orders now, my local dealer believes LR will have their order books full by May next year, this is due to all dealers placing large orders. My dealer alone has just placed an order for 200 units.

Thumbs Up You only have one life, live it....forget the cost.
90XS Hardtop

Last edited by Sonarmender on 22nd Nov 2013 9:26pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #284404 22nd Nov 2013 9:20pm
Pacific24

That is a lot. Do you think they have a specified limit or will they cash in and take as many orders as they possibly can before a certain date and then run the production line as long as is required to complete them?
Post #284405 22nd Nov 2013 9:23pm
Sonarmender

My dealer says when LR have a set number of orders no further orders will taken, they also say that there will be a 6 month gap between old and new and that they will have no problem in shifting any new or old Thumbs Up stock they can get their hands on, which means my 110 should be worth a bob or two. You only have one life, live it....forget the cost.
90XS Hardtop
Post #284407 22nd Nov 2013 9:38pm
Pacific24

I wonder if much notice will be given of order slots running out? Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Should we go ahead and buy one then we will order towards the end of this year for delivery in the spring. Any idea when the last ones are to be delivered?
Post #284410 22nd Nov 2013 9:44pm
Pacific24

I suppose some dealers may be ordering as many as they can with a view to making more money on them when production ends. Looking forward to seeing what Land Rover intend to replace the Defender with.
Post #284412 22nd Nov 2013 9:46pm
Sonarmender

Yep you are right, one of the salesmen quoted a figure of 5k above RRP Exclamation

It does leave me with a dilemma though as mine will be just about 3yrs old by then so do I place an order now or just stick with what I have. Confused You only have one life, live it....forget the cost.
90XS Hardtop
Post #284413 22nd Nov 2013 9:52pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
"Last Ones"?....Geez, we're still over 2 yrs away from December 15th 2015.....who knows what the "last Ones" will be? I wouldn't mind betting that Solihull will produce (in addition to "normal" Defenders) a "Final Edition" that WILL be special......so, isn't that type of vehicle the one that one should aim for?
For sure, if you bought a unit that was "one of the last", you could always say that it was, because of course it would be, but it wouldn't be close to having the "Final Edition".....and I think there may well be one.
So, if I was going to place an order, I'd specify that IF such a vehicle was available at the time I specified delivery, then that is the vehicle I would want.
Cheers, Pickles.
Post #284416 22nd Nov 2013 10:01pm
Pacific24

If you want one then place and order but hold off selling your current one until production ends... you may get more for it then, unless the new Defender is a far better truck. Then prices would go down, especially with the stricter environmental laws and higher taxes based on emissions.
Post #284417 22nd Nov 2013 10:02pm
Sonarmender

Pickles wrote:
"Last Ones"?....Geez, we're still over 2 yrs away from December 15th 2015.....who knows what the "last Ones" will be? I wouldn't mind betting that Solihull will produce (in addition to "normal" Defenders) a "Final Edition" that WILL be special......so, isn't that type of vehicle the one that one should aim for?
For sure, if you bought a unit that was "one of the last", you could always say that it was, because of course it would be, but it wouldn't be close to having the "Final Edition".....and I think there may well be one.
So, if I was going to place an order, I'd specify that IF such a vehicle was available at the time I specified delivery, then that is the vehicle I would want.
Cheers, Pickles.

My dealer has already quoted that the last 100 unit build spots are already allocated, he didn't have any ideas on special editions these guys would know they sell more Defenders than any other dealer or group in europe.
I have to say a final edition special would be nice though. Thumbs Up You only have one life, live it....forget the cost.
90XS Hardtop
Post #284422 22nd Nov 2013 10:18pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
"The last 100"?....I wonder who will get them?
And imagine if the "Last 100" were badged accordingly.....that'd be one to have for sure.
Cheers, Pickles.
Post #284429 22nd Nov 2013 10:58pm
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
Sonarmender wrote:
They are taking orders now, my local dealer believes LR will have their order books full by May next year, this is due to all dealers placing large orders. My dealer alone has just placed an order for 200 units.

Thumbs Up

I thought dealers had a monthly limit.
Post #285077 25th Nov 2013 1:54pm
simonpuma90

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Re: Last issue defender.
Steve bull wrote:
Chatting to a landrover dealer yesterday, he was down at Solihull yesterday viewing the last issue defender. Comes as a hard top or station wagon or soft top. He has the brochures,....

New defender was also viewed....

was there anything different about them
Post #285091 25th Nov 2013 3:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JeremyJ

United Kingdom 
AndrewS wrote:
Sonarmender wrote:

Thumbs Up

I thought dealers had a monthly limit.

We do!! We get given an allocation for each build period which we then fill.
Post #285092 25th Nov 2013 3:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 13 123 ... 111213>