↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > ***LANDROVER****Software Patch has broken my Landie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
mrwoo

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Epsom Green
***LANDROVER****Software Patch has broken my Landie
Before the patch all was good, Landie has been in Land Rover to have the wipers looked at and they said they were going to do a software update. This has really upset me as the Landie now judders the transmission when coming off the throttle. Has anyone else experienced this problem? It's almost undriveable.

To date I have hardly had any problems in 48k miles until they updated the software.
Sad
Post #22590 21st Jan 2010 8:58am
jamesbond007

Portugal 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Rimini Red
No, the software update I have found absolutely perfect. Power delivery across the mid-range is dramatically improved. The improvement is marvelous. Boldly going nowhere

Discovery 3 after a Defender 110 Crew Cab TD4 and a 1964 SIIA 88 Regular.
Post #22600 21st Jan 2010 1:00pm
fekete

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Bonatti Grey
Mines better....Maybe they have downloaded it wrong..just a thought
Who do you use, J/E NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY

Last edited by fekete on 21st Jan 2010 4:48pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #22607 21st Jan 2010 2:13pm
mrwoo

fekete wrote:
Mines better....Maybe they have downloaded it wrong..just a thou'rt
Who do you use, J/E

This was a Land Rover software update not aftermarket
Post #22621 21st Jan 2010 4:32pm
fekete

mrwoo i know its the L/R update i was asking have they loaded it right as you seem to be the only one with a problems with it as said just a thought...Sorry J/E meaning James Edwards NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #22624 21st Jan 2010 4:47pm
mrwoo

fekete wrote:
mrwoo i know its the L/R update i was asking have they loaded it right as you seem to be the only one with a problems with it as said just a thought...Sorry J/E meaning James Edwards

Sorry I thought you meant JE Engineering in the midlands, mine goes into Guy Salmon Stockport. I have spoken to them and they are blaming the EGR. I explained that the EGR must of been broken before the update but they insist on getting that replaced before considering anything else. I understand for now.
Post #22629 21st Jan 2010 5:04pm
fekete

Hope all go's well mate Thumbs Up NEVER TAKE LIFE SERIOUSLY. NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE ANYWAY
Post #22630 21st Jan 2010 5:06pm
mrwoo

fekete wrote:
Hope all go's well mate Thumbs Up

Me to, if all else fails I'll be having a trip to see Pete at BAS. Land Rover say they can't put the original software back, all a bit frustrating when a vehicle goes into the garage working to come out in this state.
Post #22631 21st Jan 2010 5:17pm
jamesbond007

Portugal 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Rimini Red
I have a copy of the original software somewhere I think.... Mr. Green
Well Pete will have one anyway. Boldly going nowhere

Discovery 3 after a Defender 110 Crew Cab TD4 and a 1964 SIIA 88 Regular.
Post #22647 21st Jan 2010 7:46pm
mrwoo

jamesbond007 wrote:
I have a copy of the original software somewhere I think.... Mr. Green
Well Pete will have one anyway.

Thanks for the offer but I already have the original version before remap. Problem is that the original tune will not work with the new version flashed into the ECU. I think has something to do with firware versions.
Post #22651 21st Jan 2010 8:20pm
chalky

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Mine went in for update ! fuel consumption went into the teens !

it started to judder on over run so i tried driving round it which was emotional going into round abouts or aproaching crossings which led on to my My turbo going ! something to do with the impellars ! got it back and it would drive but as soon as it was held at a constant speed say 50 on a dual carriageway or any run on a motorway for over about 5 mins and then you backed off it wouldnt go past 50 MPH so had to stop every 5 mins turn it off then back on and it was OK for another 5 - 10 mins !

My windscreen wipers packed up at the start of all the bad weather in Dec and couldnt get a replacement car as they were all out Evil or Very Mad

And about the same time i got the recall for Dodgy handbrake ! this after i took it back in April this year telling them that it was leaking on my brake drum ! so the cover on the transfer box was taken for some strange reason and sealed with mastik which didnt seal atb all and emptied itself all over my drive ! the wet spray from the leaking seal remained all over my hand brake drum which soaked the back diff so the leak was never really correctly diagnosed until eventually i made them look at my handbrake in August ! Big Cry

So in answer to your question ! Yep ive had youre problem ! DEFENDER XS CSW 08 TONGA GREEN
Post #22656 21st Jan 2010 9:27pm
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Are you sure it's the upgrade?

Mine has juddered since new. It's the handbrake. Part of the recall recently is for them to replace the felt seal on the back of the transfer box to prevent oil seepage into the handbrake drum. That means they have to fiddle with the handbrake - even to inspect it.

Mine used to judder a lot. It was then fixed (handbrake adjustment) and has now returned after they inspected for the recall. As soon as it's out of warranty I'm going to fit an X-brake.

Chalky, I too get the 50mph limit (got worse after the software patch - but that could be coincident with the cold weather). It's going in for investigation in a couple of weeks. Did they resolve yours? One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #22671 22nd Jan 2010 3:46am
o4dn

France 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SW Alaska White
I got the patch (err, sorry, I mean the software udapte Wink ) installed last week, it did not make things worse but it not improve things either.

I can't help but find a bit odd that we are now at the 5th version of a firmware update in less than 3 years... I mean, an update, it's fine, everybody makes mistakes at times, but 5 versions and still not fine, it's weird.

BTW, I doubt you can upload the software wrong on the ECU, it's either updated or not, I would expect the system to use CRC and other mechanisms to ensure data integrity when uploaded (but it's just a guess so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Wink )
Post #22678 22nd Jan 2010 9:03am
mrwoo

alantd wrote:
Are you sure it's the upgrade?

Mine has juddered since new. It's the handbrake. Part of the recall recently is for them to replace the felt seal on the back of the transfer box to prevent oil seepage into the handbrake drum. That means they have to fiddle with the handbrake - even to inspect it.

Mine used to judder a lot. It was then fixed (handbrake adjustment) and has now returned after they inspected for the recall. As soon as it's out of warranty I'm going to fit an X-brake.

Chalky, I too get the 50mph limit (got worse after the software patch - but that could be coincident with the cold weather). It's going in for investigation in a couple of weeks. Did they resolve yours?

No it never juddered at all before the software update, I know it's the update as the revs are blipping on their way down. For example when I hold the revs at 2k rpm in neutral and take my foot off the revs the revs don't drop down cleanly there are at least 2 very small blips of revs..
Post #22681 22nd Jan 2010 9:46am
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Weird - never heard of that before.

Time to talk to BAS and do away with LR dodgy software! One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #22684 22nd Jan 2010 10:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>