↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Wanted] HELP Me please ( Philippines )
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
keith

Scotland 
[Wanted] HELP Me please ( Philippines )
Im off to Philippines on Sunday as part of an aid team . Im driving from Scotland to Heathrow and need someone to help look after my defender for 3-4 wks near the airport . Can you help please .
Keith .
Post #281845 13th Nov 2013 1:41pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Not ideal for you Keith, but if no one else can help then you are welcome to leave your Defender with us in Headcorn Kent TN27 9JL and I'll run you to Heathrow (and collect you when you get back)
Post #281846 13th Nov 2013 1:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
keith

Scotland 
Cheers mate for immediate responce .
Its chaotic right now to get ready . If no one is close to Heathrow i will use your kind help . Keith
Post #281849 13th Nov 2013 2:14pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
A drop in the ocean to what you are doing Keith Bow down but if we can help we are more than willing.

Hopefully someone a lot closer will come forward to save you time but rest assured we are there if you need us Thumbs Up
Post #281850 13th Nov 2013 2:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
couplands

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Oslo Blue
Totally agree Matt, this is a great thing that Keith is doing and your offer of help is much admired. Bow down

Good luck to all, its a truly shocking event out there... Thumbs Up

cheers

simon
Post #281859 13th Nov 2013 3:38pm
Thor

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
I'm i Didcot, Oxfordshire and your more than welcome to park it up in my back garden, out of view from pretty much everyone except the neighbours, it's where mine lives + the Mrs is in and out through out the day as she works part time. I'm about a mile away from Didcot Parkway train station. No idea if trains from there would suit Heathrow as I rarely use them.

I also have a 9 stone Dogue De Bordeaux 'patrolling' the grounds*

Check out the trains mate, if it suits or no offers closer just let me know. I'd offer to drive you to Heathrow but it's my weeken on call and can't go that far from home.

*The dog is 11 months old and soft as a Teddy bear but looks the part! Grounds - AKA garden lol Strong people are harder to kill and generally more useful!
Post #281864 13th Nov 2013 3:48pm
Macpaul

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Loire Blue
I'm in GU27, about 35 miles, 40 mins from LHR on a good day.

Parking a long way off street and happy to give you a lift to the airport if it helps.

Wont be here all the time youre away (10 days) but I can block you in with my other cars.

Simon 2003 Td5 110 Hardtop
Now a 2013 110 USW too.
Post #281869 13th Nov 2013 4:21pm
keith

Scotland 
Thanks so far for the offers .
So Kathy Pacific have kindly gave me a half price seat to Hong Kong and Cebu , SP medical suplies have given a load of free essential first aid equipment and a global adventure expedition food company are sending me hi Kcal energy rations and and water filtration system . Thumbs Up .
My missus doesnt want me taking the 110 to London thinking she can drive it when im away ? Shes only just passed her test and not been behind the wheel , theres no way she can manoever it on her own i say . I dont know wot to do , put her on the insurance and have the extra worry when away or keep it safe at yours ? I will be in touch .Keith
Post #281898 13th Nov 2013 6:27pm
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Keith
Which team are you going with?
I spent a fair bit of time supporting RAPID UK, so hope that you get there in time to do some good.
best wishes and hope all goes well Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #281913 13th Nov 2013 7:48pm
Leenorthants

United Kingdom 
My parents live in ashford, middx, so approx 5 miles from heathrow, could ask them, depends on space tho.
Post #281918 13th Nov 2013 8:01pm
keith

Scotland 
I would like to thank Matt at FCX , James at Hadley Green LR , BP man and the other forum members who offered to look after my defender whilst I was in the Philippines with the Red Cross . I drove to Heathrow and managed to get undercover safe parking in the VIP valet at T5 for free as a token of help from Heathrow . Then a Cathy Pacific half price flight to Hong Kong and onto Cebu in the Philippines . Being ex military i managed to somehow get into the operations base at Cebu airport and get a job loading C130 Hercules for 3 days which was being controlled by American , Australian and Philippine military . I needed to be in Tacloban so managed to got a lift on a C130 which there were about 8 per day taking aid and supplies . I was totally self sufficient and had enough food for 3 wks . I left my wife and 2 7yr old kids to go and help and although I have been in jungle , arctic and other extreme environments this was my first humanitarian disaster zone . The Devastation was Total . Almost nuclear . No shelter , no sanitation , no food or water . I was immediately based with the Philippine Red Cross and from my gore - tex bivvy bag sleeping on a tarp on the ground under a torn leaky tent , I got up at 5am every morn and got stuck in for 3 wks . 250 mph winds and the sea rise of 15 ft washed over all the islands taking everything with it I'm told 60% of the population were lost and most to the sea .. I took trucks out daily to deliver water and food , I spent 3 days clearing a route up a mountain to help fix a radio mast for comms , and yet all the while the Philippine people who lost everything are smiling and cheery and happy and great full . Totally humbling and life changing for me . I even came across the local Philippine LR club , all 14 defender members had joined together to help in the aid effort . Ultimately 3 wks volunteering in a disaster zone only scratches the surface and I wish I had 3 yrs to help but at least I done my best . I will post some pics . It's great to be back with family and to what we call "NORMALITY " you know ? Cars , homes , the pub , mortgages and stuff ....... Hmmmmm " the NORM " The Philippine people have lost every thing yet seem to be the happiest get on with it people I have ever met . To them the Norm is no money , food or homes , just survival .
Keith
Post #295008 1st Jan 2014 11:52pm
Dave

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Wow, what a way to give your time Bow down
Post #295010 1st Jan 2014 11:59pm
sparkylee

2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 DCPU Santorini Black
Well done Keith Bow down Bow down It's good to be back from the dark side

DC110 -2012 Black with black hood and black x-tech
FFRR 4.2 vogue
Renault traffic auto
PT crusier convertible
Laika x700 Motorhome
Post #295016 2nd Jan 2014 12:17am
Leenorthants

United Kingdom 
T
Well done mate.
Post #295063 2nd Jan 2014 10:39am
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Hi Keith
well done ! Good Job !
we worked supporting other teams doing similar things and know what its like.
good to hear your account as we all know that every little helps
Thumbs Up Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #295067 2nd Jan 2014 10:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>