↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Dash cams
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Lorryman100

Here is a 1 minute mp4 clip from the Roadhawk HD which has been reduced in size from 83mb to 9mb to allow uploading onto youtube. Each video is recorded in 1 minute sections and at 83mb per minute at 1080p resolution which is why I have fitted a 32gb card. If there is an event ( crash) the video is saved into another folder for safe keeping and the remaining memory runs in a loop for continuous recording therefore a larger card means you can save large sections of recordings for later viewing etc.

&feature=youtu.be

It comes with a program that allows you to watch the video giving speed, G force and location by means of Google maps. The videos are recorded in mp4 format so will play without the Roadhawk program but it does not show the map data, speed or G force, which is ideal if you need to just show the video evidence of a bump.

Click image to enlarge

And a screenshot of the Roadhawk program running:

&feature=youtu.be

To get the real picture quality of the video have a look on the Roadhawk HD website, videos can be found here under the video tab.

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #287355 3rd Dec 2013 5:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dondiddy

Scotland 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi ST Nato Green
Hay Lorryman, Is that Motherwell in the Vid? Very Happy
Post #287405 3rd Dec 2013 8:21pm
william8

Scotland 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Top ones my side of Garrion Bridge and the other just passed the school on the way down the hill to hamilton. William
Post #287417 3rd Dec 2013 9:24pm
dondiddy

Scotland 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi ST Nato Green
William8, Didn`t recognise them at first but I do now! Original question was about the U tube video which shows driving past Motherwell railway station and the Aquatech I think! Cheers! Very Happy
Post #287424 3rd Dec 2013 9:35pm
Lorryman100

dondiddy wrote:
Hay Lorryman, Is that Motherwell in the Vid? Very Happy

Thumbs Up
Post #287436 3rd Dec 2013 9:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
On a complete whim, I bought one of these from eBay last week, for the princely sum of £14! It's no Blackvue but it is surprisingly good. It records good quality video and audio and has a range of interesting features including cycled recording (in variable time slices), IR night vision, time and date display and a built in screen so you can see where it's pointing.

The downsides are that it feels a bit cheap (which it is) and it's more bulky than others, although it does tuck behind the rear view mirror neatly.

The addition of a 32gb SD card gives around 6 hours recording, so if you just want a basic video record of your journeys then it's worth a look.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300922395601?ssP...1497.l2649 Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #287493 3rd Dec 2013 10:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12