↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Stolen > Please help stolen 90 Hertford ( Hertfordshire)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Nobby

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 CSW Santorini Black
Supacat wrote:
Tiger wrote:
Which pedal lock was it?

More than curious too?

I'm sorry for your loss, I hope it turns out well, can you advise which locking device was defeated? _______________________________
Puma Defender 90
Post #268206 20th Sep 2013 7:49pm
captain slow

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 CSW Corris Grey
So sorry to hear that - will keep 'em peeled! 2.2 Tdci 110 XS CSW Corris Grey
Prince Harry's D3 (gone but not forgotten)
300 Tdi 110 CSW (gone but not forgotten)
Post #268208 20th Sep 2013 7:55pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
superspoons

England 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Atlantis Blue
That's a nice looking 90 - will keep and eye out for it Stevenage way. Hope it turns up. Cheers,
Superspoons
Post #268209 20th Sep 2013 7:55pm
superspoons

England 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Atlantis Blue
That's a nice looking 90 - will keep and eye out for it Stevenage way. Hope it turns up. Cheers,
Superspoons
Post #268210 20th Sep 2013 7:55pm
shazzy90

sorry to here about your 90 ,i lost a 110 2 years ago and know how you feel,but how do you know they cut the wire?
Post #268213 20th Sep 2013 8:16pm
party monkey

England 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Cairns Blue
@ Shazzy - I think we need a bit more info from the OP as I was wondering the same.

To nick it at 22:45 just meters away from the owner's house, who is likely still to be awake at that time , as would the neighbours possibly be too is bl**dy bold, in fact bordering on the stupid in terms of their risk of being rumbled.

Speed has to be the key, so I can see why they'd cut the wire but then that suggests they'd have to push the truck away and either tow it off or onto back of a trailer perhaps. Almost no need to bother with the pedal lock if the latter.

Just can't get over the timing of the theft though in what looks like a residential area from OP's pic..... Jon - 110 td5 [sold]. Currently Defenderless.
Post #268218 20th Sep 2013 8:44pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Matt popped down today to come and see me as it was only in at my workshop on Wednesday for a full WAXOYL treatment (see photo below) . From what i understand they cut the wire underneath the main battery cable i believe Matt found the outer insulation of the wire on the floor which led him to think they cut the wire. Once cut the landy wouldnt make a sound, bypass the steering lock and Pedal lock then plug there computer in the obd port program a new key and away you go, all this i would have thought would have took them all of 5 minutes. For Matts brother to then see the landy driving in the opposite direction whilst on his way home Big Cry Matt is really really gutted not just the landy has gone but there was pricless items inside such as rosettes and horse riding equipment.
The 90 overall is one of the best TD5 90 i have seen for its age. I know what distinctive parts stand out which i wouldnt like to post up just incase i come across anything and who knows who is reading this Evil or Very Mad Im guessing i must have took the last photos of the 90 which was taken before Matt collected the vehicle

p.s - The doors stand out for me as they are immaculate inside with no rust and i have just WAXOYLED them in clear
Please see photos below

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #268225 20th Sep 2013 9:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
party monkey

England 2005 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Cairns Blue
Chris, from what you're saying then... with the main power feed cut, the alarm ECU has no power but can it can still communicate via the diagnostics port ? Jon - 110 td5 [sold]. Currently Defenderless.
Post #268238 20th Sep 2013 10:28pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Dont hold me to it but yes i believe so Big Cry Its the only way i can understand them starting it, for what it takes to reprogram a key with the right gear you could have anything away in less than 5 minutes CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #268240 20th Sep 2013 10:45pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
How did they "bypass" the steering lock and pedal lock so quickly without making noise?
Post #268248 20th Sep 2013 11:24pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
party monkey wrote:
Chris, from what you're saying then... with the main power feed cut, the alarm ECU has no power but can it can still communicate via the diagnostics port ?

I am not particularly familiar with the Td5 Defender, but afaik with the battery cable cut there's no power to the AS10 and it won't communicate with any test equipment. I imagine that the scumbags must have cut the cable, taken certain actions I don't want to describe, then reconnected the battery to overcome the immobiliser. The steering lock is easy to deal with, but the pedal lock should have slowed them down a bit.

It is worrying and depressing how good these vile people are at doing this.
Post #268258 21st Sep 2013 12:19am
Cakey

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Sadly more than likely defender owners Crying or Very sad
Post #268277 21st Sep 2013 7:59am
Westo90

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
Hi everyone who's replied, sorry about not replying earlier been feeling rather Censored and depressed last 2 days but trying to move on now. The clutch pedal lock was from Chris at Csk, I've spent all Thursday night driving around looking for my 90 but no joy, I do believe my truck was stolen to order, these people new exactly what they where doing and only wanted my truck( my inlaws 90 was parked next to mine).

I keep going over it in my head wishing I could off stopped them but as the police said I could off taken a bit off a beating, what hurts the most is me and my brother spent many weekends working on my 90 making it "mine" and losing it is like losing a part off me (if that makes sense)

I don't reckon ill ever see my 90 again it's gone and I'm so gutted, on Friday eve whilist very tired and looking at pictures off it I just broke down in tears,

Anyway now the wait for insurance to pay out, don't know whether I'll buy another 90 mine was so mint another just won't be the same,

Thanks for everyone's help and input

Matt
Post #268456 22nd Sep 2013 7:45am
Cakey

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
As I said previously , mine goes its a rrs or a g wagon next time.
Ridiculous that we spend all this money on a car that technically still belongs in the 50s. I can only assume land rover make more money on replacement parts than new ones , hence why they do nothing .
Post #268476 22nd Sep 2013 8:51am
Tiger

2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Java Black
Really gutted for you fella.
Post #268477 22nd Sep 2013 8:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>