↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Cruise control episode 3 The end!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dgardel

Italy 
Cruise control episode 3 The end!
Finally yesterday I finished installing the cruise control!

It works very very fine

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Many thanks to Nakatanenga!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #237044 19th May 2013 10:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dgardel

Italy 
May be I create a SUV!!!! Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #240664 3rd Jun 2013 10:10am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Nice work as ever Dgardel. Thumbs Up

Was using the workshop manual you supplied yesterday, you'll never know how useful it was to me and how grateful I was! Then again you probably do!

Thumbs Up Bow down

Thank you. If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #240667 3rd Jun 2013 10:16am
dgardel

Italy 
Thank you Mal Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #240669 3rd Jun 2013 10:18am
Theater

Italy 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Galway Green
Great Job Daniele !

Thumbs Up Marco

Defender 110 "SW" SE Galway Green MY 2009
Ex Defender 90 "SW" S Santorini Black MY 2010
Post #240678 3rd Jun 2013 10:43am
megatoad

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Hi dgardel.

I am contemplating one of these for my TD5. While it looks slick, it looks to be in a somewhat awkward location for hands on the wheel operation.

What is it like to use from that point of view? He who dies with the most toys wins Smile

Defender 90 & 110, S1 80", Disco 1, S111 88
LRSOC & CVLRC
Post #240725 3rd Jun 2013 3:13pm
dgardel

Italy 
megatoad wrote:
Hi dgardel.

I am contemplating one of these for my TD5. While it looks slick, it looks to be in a somewhat awkward location for hands on the wheel operation.

What is it like to use from that point of view?

If you have a TD5, build the cruise control is very easy, you do not need any eletronics.

here the circuit (work on NNN and MSB ecu)

BLACK CON C0658

Click image to enlarge

- P1 & P2 are buttons (OFF - MOM ON)
- I is switch
- L is LED (no resistors needed)

P1 = SET and SPEED INCREASE

P2 = PAUSE/RESUME

The switch, allows you to manually enter (LED ON) or exclude cruise avoiding accidental use. The cruise will not work below 50 km/h.

A security elemenst, in addition to the brake switch, also linked the clutch switch. Pressing the brake pedal or clutch exclude the cruise control .

The first button, P1, serves to set the desired speed by pressing it once when it is reached.
Once setted you can increase a km/h at a time for each time.

The second button, P2, used to suspend momentarily the cruise and to restore it to the previously set speed when it is deemed appropriate.

Before proceeding with the Assembly you will need four plugs be inserted into the connector.

The plugs are manufactured by Tyco-AMP and are identified with the number-1 183025.

Connectors

Click image to enlarge

bought here

http://it.farnell.com/jsp/search/productde...sku=151075

and you can use the Disco 2 CC switches stalk

Click image to enlarge

Let me know Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #240728 3rd Jun 2013 3:53pm
PaulMc

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 110 2.5 TD HT Arles Blue
dgardel wrote:
The plugs are manufactured by Tyco-AMP and are identified with the number-1 183025.

Connectors

Click image to enlarge

The terminal pictured, with the Tyco part number 183025-1, is to fit a 1.5mm Superseal connector, it's not correct for the ECU connectors.

The Red and Black ECU connectors are from the Tyco Econoseal III 070 series, the correct terminals for the ECU connectors are Gold tipped -

Terminal part number - 175104-2 and 344113-1

Wire Seal (Green) part number - 347874-1

The standard Econoseal III 070 Tinned terminals can be used, but are not correct for the application -

dgardel wrote:

and you can use the Disco 2 CC switches stalk

Click image to enlarge

That's a D1 cruise control switch.

The D2 switch looks similar on the outside of the steering cowling, but uses a different mounting arrangment, with a separate bracket, inside it -

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  Paul.
1989 Arles Blue 2.5TD 110 Hardtop
1999 Epsom Green Discovery II 4.0 V8i 'XS'

Last edited by PaulMc on 12th Nov 2014 2:20pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #240779 3rd Jun 2013 7:07pm
dgardel

Italy 
PaulMc wrote:

thank you Paul for the details Thumbs Up Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #240791 3rd Jun 2013 7:27pm
megatoad

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Hi dgarel & Paul

Yes I have been looking at this option, but so far the switches have been exorbitant on the old fleabay.

I am certainly tempted to have a go and now that you have identified the terminal part numbers thats even better.

Any suggestions on wireing guage chaps?

Just a caveat to those who glance accross this thread and have not looked into the inbuilt CC in a TD5. It will NOT work properly if you have changed your transfer gear ratios from a Defenders to a Discos OR if you have an overdrive as the ECU will be confused by the incorrect engine rpm compared to roadspeed and dissengage.

As my TD5 is standard and I do a lot of cruising at 60 for my commute I really want to fit one, especially the cheaper route.[/i] He who dies with the most toys wins Smile

Defender 90 & 110, S1 80", Disco 1, S111 88
LRSOC & CVLRC
Post #240828 3rd Jun 2013 9:08pm
dgardel

Italy 
megatoad wrote:
Hi dgarel & Paul

Yes I have been looking at this option, but so far the switches have been exorbitant on the old fleabay.

I am certainly tempted to have a go and now that you have identified the terminal part numbers thats even better.

Any suggestions on wireing guage chaps?

Just a caveat to those who glance accross this thread and have not looked into the inbuilt CC in a TD5. It will NOT work properly if you have changed your transfer gear ratios from a Defenders to a Discos OR if you have an overdrive as the ECU will be confused by the incorrect engine rpm compared to roadspeed and dissengage.

As my TD5 is standard and I do a lot of cruising at 60 for my commute I really want to fit one, especially the cheaper route.[/i]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DISCOVERY-ES-STE...0629084001 Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #241010 4th Jun 2013 6:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1