↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Gobsmacked by Mr Bell!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Print this entire topic · 
BIGFOG

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Gobsmacked by Mr Bell!!
I have been very very lucky to be one of the first recipients of Pete's latest tune - its TOTALLY incredible, I spoke to him to say big thanks and report back that it felt nothing remotely like the previous version. The reason is that this is a completely NEW Tune, blank page, ground up, totally different to the old one, bit like a new version of Windows!?!

My truck is treated with all the mods available, Cooler, Decat, Hybrid Turbo etc and went damn well with the previous tune...... BUT NOW !! I am totally blown away, where previously there were a couple of areas where the engine would pause and take a breath before carrying on, it just builds and builds revs so smooth and clean.

The torque curve is as long tall and flat as the Forth Bridge, it goes on forever - he has seen 501 nm on the rolling road he has installed to be able to re write the 'matrix' to do this.... Its a different beast entirely now, feels like three and a half litres, not two and half.... WOW Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down 2009 XS 110 Utility Stornaway Grey
BAS re Remap, BAS Turbo, BAS Spec Modified Airbox, Twisted Side exit Decat Exhaust, Allisport Cooler and Hoses, OME Sport Shocks, Kangaroo Paw Discs.
2001 Discovery II
Porsche Speedster Replica 1956ish
Post #233937 8th May 2013 9:42pm
bm52

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Havana
It does sound awesome, trying not to be an anorak it would be good to see the power graphs Thumbs Up BM52
Post #233941 8th May 2013 10:01pm
BIGFOG

Have a word with Pete in the morning he should be able to help! There'll be no going back though - be warned!!! Laughing 2009 XS 110 Utility Stornaway Grey
BAS re Remap, BAS Turbo, BAS Spec Modified Airbox, Twisted Side exit Decat Exhaust, Allisport Cooler and Hoses, OME Sport Shocks, Kangaroo Paw Discs.
2001 Discovery II
Post #233945 8th May 2013 10:08pm
BIGFOG

bm52 wrote:
It does sound awesome, trying not to be an anorak it would be good to see the power graphs Thumbs Up

Where abouts in Kent are you BM? I'm near Westerham if you fancy a look!? 2009 XS 110 Utility Stornaway Grey
2001 Discovery II
Post #233946 8th May 2013 10:11pm
Shax

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Is it a free upgrade to existing customers??? Whistle

Love my original 2.4, no egr, de-limited, BAS tune... 11/10.... Very Happy ... ,-------,
.. I [__][_]|__
.. I __ |"_|"__|
.. "(o)====(o)"
^^_-^-_^-^_^^^^^--^^^^
PAUL
G7ALW 14.200 USB
26FB458 / 27.275 SSB
Post #233948 8th May 2013 10:14pm
BIGFOG

Its not free as it really is a new map, I accepted it on spec as its an early release. I think Pete is going to be kind to existing customers however? He spent a lot on the rolling road to make it happen! And it's worth it!!!! 2009 XS 110 Utility Stornaway Grey
2001 Discovery II
Post #233954 8th May 2013 10:24pm
DAZ110

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Barolo Black
This sounds interesting Thumbs Up
Post #234003 9th May 2013 7:49am
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
bm52 wrote:
It does sound awesome, trying not to be an anorak it would be good to see the power graphs Thumbs Up

This is a DEVELOPEMENT map and will not be for sale with this much torque YET, but a graph was done as developement was progressing, http://www.facebook.com/BASREMAPS

Pete
Post #234007 9th May 2013 8:08am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bell-auto-services

Shax wrote:
Is it a free upgrade to existing customers??? Whistle

Love my original 2.4, no egr, de-limited, BAS tune... 11/10.... Very Happy

The new map will be on sale soon as a new product, the price will be small and is really to cover time spent though the gains are more that the original purchase. As Guy said its a NEW product really compared to the old tuning.

ill start a thread later today.

Pete
Post #234010 9th May 2013 8:21am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AlanH

Australia 
I'm willing to test it in Australia for BAS to make sure it's perfect...... That is, when I get my beast back from the stealers (should be tomorrow Friday 10th) and can download the existing for Pete to work his magic on.
AlanH.
Post #234011 9th May 2013 8:21am
big steve

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Montalcino Red
looking good cant wait to see what it goes like im supplying to a customer on saurday Thumbs Up 2015 2.2 tdci hardtop xs
3.2 conversion DONE 238bhp and 707nm torque and thats just the start ;-P
hybrid turbo in build -done ready to fit
ashcroft atb in transfer box
6 speed auto in build
Post #234027 9th May 2013 9:51am
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
bm52 wrote:

I know Pete will post a power graph soon but please remember power graphs are great but all they show is the increase in torque & BHP etc on a specific vehicle.

More importantly is how the vehicle feels and drives after the map is applied Thumbs Up and as Guy has said it pulls like a train and revs smooth and clean with a very wide torque curve Bow down

Also and importantly every Defender is slightly different and power graphs will differ from vehicle to vehicle so trying to achieve the exact same power from one Defender to the other is impossible - its the gain over the standard output that really counts and thats the bit Pete has been working on using several 2.4TDCi Defenders to perfect this process Thumbs Up

What I mean by this is that LR quote 122BHP (I think that is the correct fig) but in reality very few actually achieve that with some considerably less and some slightly more, so trying to get one that is down on std power to the same as one that is slightly up on power is not possible but the gain should be the same i.e going from 122 to 172 is 50 and thats the same as going from 110 to 160 - hope this all makes sense and I am sure Pete will be along soon to correct my ramblings Thumbs Up Gas, Grass Or Ass - Nobody Rides For Free

"UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.
Post #234143 9th May 2013 4:03pm
bell-auto-services

A perfect summary Japseroony Thumbs Up
Post #234150 9th May 2013 4:24pm
dgardel

Italy 
Re: Gobsmacked by Mr Bell!!
BIGFOG wrote:
I have been very very lucky to be one of the first recipients of Pete's latest tune - its TOTALLY incredible, I spoke to him to say big thanks and report back that it felt nothing remotely like the previous version. The reason is that this is a completely NEW Tune, blank page, ground up, totally different to the old one, bit like a new version of Windows!?!

My truck is treated with all the mods available, Cooler, Decat, Hybrid Turbo etc and went damn well with the previous tune...... BUT NOW !! I am totally blown away, where previously there were a couple of areas where the engine would pause and take a breath before carrying on, it just builds and builds revs so smooth and clean.

The torque curve is as long tall and flat as the Forth Bridge, it goes on forever - he has seen 501 nm on the rolling road he has installed to be able to re write the 'matrix' to do this.... Its a different beast entirely now, feels like three and a half litres, not two and half.... WOW Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down

I'm testing this map also, confirm at 100% and for our Puma with Hybrid turbo..... MORE TO CAME!!!! he he he Mr. Green Thumbs Up

Thank you Pete!!!!! Bow down Bow down Discovery 5 td6 HSE Stornoway Gray Outback Engineering Limited Edition

IID Pro MV License
Post #234165 9th May 2013 4:57pm
BIGFOG

We'll have to compare notes DG Whistle
I'm in Rome next weekend for my Wife's birthday, you are welcome to gate crash us and talk tunes all night - might cost me a marriage though!! 2009 XS 110 Utility Stornaway Grey
2001 Discovery II
Post #234273 9th May 2013 10:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>