↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Racor water seperator saved the day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
sasha2001

Russia 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Tonga Green
Racor water seperator saved the day
I had a Racor 230r water trap installed on my 2008 puma as a precaution.
Last weekend I went for to a farm for a FWD trip and noticed under hard braking and or cornering hard the Racor water alarm was sounding intermittently and the warning light flashing in the cab as the level of water had risen in the water collection bowl to the level to activate the audible alarm. I drained it immediately and turned for home (200km), it activated 3 more times with a constant alarm(filling up in the bowl) and so I stopped and drained it each time and there was water in each drain that I did (on side of the road), I got home (it was still activating under braking but not constantly) and drained it out, I got 25ml of water from the Racor separator and 5ml of water from the LR original filter.
I know you can get a Stanadyne fuel filter for the Puma . I would encourage you to fit the water collection bowl and the water alarm.
http://www.aulro.com/afvb/90-110-130-defen...ost1790036
Where the water came from I am not sure, I had the fuel tank breather raised to roof height when I brought the truck and all is ok there, Water in the fuel from the pump? who knows.
Drove another 40km today and got 5ml of water out again so will have to look at fuel tank etc
I think it was a great investment as I know of one guy here who got water in his fuel system that it cost over NZ$7000 to fix.
Post #230111 24th Apr 2013 9:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1