↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Expedition & Overland > LR Sleeping specific to 2013 2.2 7 seat 110 Defender
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Spookytooth

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
LR Sleeping specific to 2013 2.2 7 seat 110 Defender
Hi everyone, taking what now seems the obligatory solo trip to Nordkapp in May. Although I will be mainly camping has anyone found a way to sleep in the 110 without removing the seats? (I would like to get the southern motorway legs under my belt in double quick time; well at least in Landy time) Ideas I have seen on the web include building a sleeping platform or removing the seats and I was looking to avoid both
Post #300241 19th Jan 2014 11:58am
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
I've spent a few nights away sleeping diagonally across with my head by the back passenger door and feet by the steering wheel, front passenger seat forward and the rake forward, the drivers seat back and reclined. Bearable but after lifting the cubby box is unworkable now. Last time I camped I made a platform resting on the crashpad at the front and held the other end through the dog guard but at a shade over 6' it is tight and needs to be lower perhaps the height of the dashboard tray plus I need to make a "hatch" in the dog guard to gain a little more length. Modification of the recline mechanism of the front seat would be another option but needs the back seats to do the same as well, not an option with mine as I want to keep the dog guard/cargo barrier.
Post #300252 19th Jan 2014 12:34pm
Spookytooth

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Aintree Green
Thanks for the tip, just been out and tried it, surprisingly comfortable although worked better for me on the other diagonal 110 SW Aintree Green
Post #300269 19th Jan 2014 2:03pm
JWL

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 SW Coniston Green
No problem, a few strategically placed bags or coats make all the difference. My drivers seat is on my version of mud rails so slides back further that's why I went that way, the seats move further apart giving more room.
Post #300294 19th Jan 2014 4:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1