↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Turbo 'whoosh'
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Vera

2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SVX Soft Top Santorini Black
Sooooooo. The saga continues. So, lets just recap: pulling to the left since buying it, the holed intercooler pipe, and the corrosion.... So.. Today I picked up the car after its third visit to the dealership. Is it still pulling to the left, yes.. Will they do anything about the corrosion on the wheels. No,.. Did they replace the pipe. Of course...

However, I have two pretty large problems.

First they said the pull was due to wheel alignment, which wasn't covered by the warranty, so they did that and charged me £111+vat for their trouble. At least that was the first time it went in... Now turns out that once they looked at the issue properly there is some damage to the steering arm which is causing the pull. Therefore I paid crap loads of money for sweet f a. I'll deal with that in the morning.... As its been doing it since I got it, when they started talking in that 'not coved by warranty' tone, I made it pretty clear I wouldn't be paying anything... I'll deal with that when I talk to them about me having to wait for an hour for LR Assist to send out the AA tonight.

So, let me ask you. You have my car for two days, and all you do is change a hose. How hard can it be really? Well, very, if you work for Guy Salmon Coventry...

As I was driving to Birmingham I get a 'POP.... Whooosh... Massive cloud of smoke'... Pull over, pull out the torch (to be honest, before I even opened the bonnet I knew what had happened). And sure enough, the pipe had popped off and the clip was loose.. Thankfully at the turbo not the intercooler which looks like a Censored Censored Censored to get to...

Tried as best I could to tighten the clip with the bike multi tool that was in my gun bag... Got about 300 yards.. POP..whoosh. This time the clip was gone and I had next to no power and loads of smoke as soon as I tried to pull away... Censored to it,.. Call LRA.

So.... Note to self... Carry a basic tool kit... Carry some simple spares... Give GS Coventry a Censored in the morning... '09 SVX #200
'10 Morphy Richards.. I mean Prius
Post #213086 21st Feb 2013 11:06pm
me@td5.org

2000 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Your not having any luck at all. Are Trinity in Hinckley still around?

edit: seems not, Maybe try Stratstone in Shirley, only a 12 miles away from Guy Salmon Coventry.
Post #213095 21st Feb 2013 11:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12