↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback > Good news: Stratstone Milton Keynes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Good news: Stratstone Milton Keynes
In the spirit of balanced reviews I thought it was worth letting you know that I have had nothing but first class service from Stratstone Milton Keynes.

My Defender (2 years old now) has been in a couple of times for warranty work:

Vacuum pump failure at 11k miles
Corroded headlight surrounds (falling apart from rust)
Paint completely stripped off intercooler grille
Front door check straps failed
Leak in the passenger footwell

They fixed all of the above (although I don't reckon that paint will ever stay on that grille). They also checked the transmission bolts off their own back and tightened the propshaft bolts (which I didn't know were loose) and replaced the sump pan for the new style (I don't know whether it's me but the new part seems awfully thin). I didn't ask for any of these. Additionally they replaced my rear step, which was showing signs of rust, checked breather positions and generally tightened and tidied.

During all this work they were prompt, courteous and professional. All the desk staff appeared to know what they were talking about and I was lent a very nice Freelander2 for the duration. My Defender always came back spotless inside and out and when I started it up I wasn't hit by ChavFM at top volume but my usual Radio 4!

All in all very satisfactory and now that my wife is convinced she wants a Freelander, I'll be buying from Stratstone if possible. One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #15481 15th Sep 2009 8:32am
Landyrover

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I have had good experience to date with Stratstone at MK too Smile "You know, Marge, mud is nothing more than wet dirt!" (Homer Simpson)
Post #88276 8th Sep 2011 8:11pm
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Nice to hear some positive feedback from a non-independant! Thumbs Up Even Westover at Christchurch gave me excellent service recently....I always said as long as I've a hole on my ar53 they would never get better or my continued custom but I needed some paintwork sorting under warranty at the 2 year 11 month point so had no option but to return.....Off to find a big mirror now.... Rolling with laughter If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #88296 9th Sep 2011 5:09am
Landyrover

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Just affirming my positive experience with Stratstone MK has continued. They recently gave me a substantial discount on labour. When I let them know there was a tear in my front carpet following a job which needed gearbox removal and refitting, they immediately accepted liability and ordered replacement with no quibbles or attempted get outs. I recommend them.

Nick "You know, Marge, mud is nothing more than wet dirt!" (Homer Simpson)
Post #132722 20th Mar 2012 12:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1