↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Tdi > RDX Steerign Wheels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
iPints

United States 1994 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
RDX Steerign Wheels
Anyone had experiance with them and the steering wheel boss....Available on ebay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RDX-SLIMLINE-Ste...5aec8f9a1d

I like the idea of the reduced boss height but I am not liking their steering wheel. It says it should fit other steering wheels then they say dont ask them if other will fit.
I think the whole add is a liittle on the patronising side but maybe thats just me!!
Rolling with laughter

Anyway any advice or thoughts most welcome.
Post #205144 25th Jan 2013 8:42am
jayaway44

2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Stornoway Grey
I bought the boss without the wheel and I have to say it feels well made. I bought another one off ebay beforehand and it was junk in comparison so I sent it back. With this one even the bezel that fits on the front is made of metal unlike the other one i got off ebay that was made of plastic.
I have a Momo steering wheel attached to it and it fits fine. The only thing I don't like about it is the centre piece with the RDX plastered all over it. I did have a Landrover centre piece that I bought from someone on here but it doesn't really fit very well at all.
So all in all I think it is a good quality boss even if it is more expensive than others out there. 2.2 2012 110 utility Orkney Grey
Also
Range Rover Evoque - Surprising but I like it.
Previous
Freelander 2 SD4 HSE - Black
90 TD5
Discovery 3
Early Discovery.
Post #205156 25th Jan 2013 9:26am
iPints

United States 1994 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
jayaway44 wrote:
I bought the boss without the wheel and I have to say it feels well made. I bought another one off ebay beforehand and it was junk in comparison so I sent it back. With this one even the bezel that fits on the front is made of metal unlike the other one i got off ebay that was made of plastic.
I have a Momo steering wheel attached to it and it fits fine. The only thing I don't like about it is the centre piece with the RDX plastered all over it. I did have a Landrover centre piece that I bought from someone on here but it doesn't really fit very well at all.
So all in all I think it is a good quality boss even if it is more expensive than others out there.

Thanks mate will buy the boss and then decide on a steering wheel i like. Thumbs Up
Post #205163 25th Jan 2013 9:50am
Litch

England 
I have run smaller steering-wheels on my 90 for 14-years now and really like them.

After removing the original LR wheel I Initially used a 14-inch leather & alloy Mountney wheel on Mountney "Classic" boss and that was fine. It was comfortable, well padded and the boss wasn't too deep. Kept that set-up for about 7-years.
I then changed to a 12-inch Raid leather & alloy wheel using a Mountney "6-hole pattern" boss and Snap-Off adaptor. The smaller wheel was very nice to drive with but the combination of Mountney boss and Snap-Off adaptor put the stalks just out of fingertip reach however I lived with it for about 6-years before deciding that I wanted to bring the wheel closer to the stalks again.
Last year I removed (and sold before anyone asks!) the Snap-Off adaptor and had the boss shortened by a local engineering shop so although I am still runiing the Raid 12-inch wheel it is as close to the stalks as the original wheel and much easier to live with. ONE LIFE, GET IT!
Post #218113 11th Mar 2013 8:26pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Saw one of these fitted to a 90 i tuned the other day, looks very well made especially for something from Bolt on Bits Shocked Like the idea of the reduced boss, still i might get an even smaller one made soon Cool CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #218137 11th Mar 2013 9:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Litch

England 
Just dug out these old photos of my wheels which show the difference between the wheel and the stalks.
The first photo was taken in 2004 and is the 14-inch Mountney wheel using a "Classic" boss.
The second photo is a couple of years later and shows the 12-inch Raid wheel fitted with a Mountney "6-hole" pattern boss and Snap-Off adpater. Note the distance between the wheel and the stalks however the 12-inch wheel was easy to carry around (fitted inside my small back-pack enabling me to always carry it with me when parked up).
I will try to dig out a photo of the shortened boss which I currently use, it pushes the same 12-inch wheel right up to the stalks meaning even my wife can easily reach them now.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 ONE LIFE, GET IT!
Post #218152 11th Mar 2013 9:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1