↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Favourite Audio Brand and why?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Lishlandy

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 X-Tech LE Orkney Grey
So today I bit the bullet and went into London to investigate and even went into a sound studio thing in the Car Audio Centre. Hertz went swiftly out the window with a tinny and high pitch sound which was just not me, maybe good for people who like to listen to violin music all day, not to say that's a bad thing Smile.

JL audio units where very good, nice bass but lacked the actual acoustics that I was after. Would be good stand alone units if you don't want to buy a separate subwoofer.

Rainbow which someone mentioned were amazing and were in the line up of my undertaken blindfold test to see which ones I liked the sound of the best. It was interesting taking a blindfold test and ensured I didn't just go for brand name and instead what was right for my listening pleasure.

I ended up coming out with Focal K2's from the blindfold test. Thumbs Up need I say more? ===================================
Steve
90 xs sw in Stonoway Grey - Sold
110 USW X-TECH
Post #195848 22nd Dec 2012 10:12pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Lishlandy wrote:
So today I bit the bullet and went into London to investigate and even went into a sound studio thing in the Car Audio Centre. Hertz went swiftly out the window with a tinny and high pitch sound which was just not me, maybe good for people who like to listen to violin music all day, not to say that's a bad thing Smile.

JL audio units where very good, nice bass but lacked the actual acoustics that I was after. Would be good stand alone units if you don't want to buy a separate subwoofer.

Rainbow which someone mentioned were amazing and were in the line up of my undertaken blindfold test to see which ones I liked the sound of the best. It was interesting taking a blindfold test and ensured I didn't just go for brand name and instead what was right for my listening pleasure.

I ended up coming out with Focal K2's from the blindfold test. Thumbs Up need I say more?

In your face Steve Whistle Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Focal wins again Mr. Green Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #195851 22nd Dec 2012 10:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
custom90

United Kingdom 
Killer90 wrote:

In your face Steve Whistle Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Focal wins again Mr. Green Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Which Steve are we talking there must be what 20 Steve's on here. Rolling with laughter Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #195855 22nd Dec 2012 10:21pm
Lishlandy

He was referring to you, he calls me Stephen....like a chastised child using my full name Embarassed ===================================
Steve
110 USW X-TECH
Post #195857 22nd Dec 2012 10:23pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

custom90steve wrote:
Killer90 wrote:

In your face Steve Whistle Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Focal wins again Mr. Green Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Which Steve are we talking there must be what 20 Steve's on here. Rolling with laughter

you know which one Rolling with laughter CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #195862 22nd Dec 2012 10:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
custom90

United Kingdom 
What ever floats your Focal boat. Laughing It would be one boring world if everyone chose one brand wouldn't it.
Lish - So what have you got now then HU wise speakers and so on? Thumbs Up Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #195867 22nd Dec 2012 10:30pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

custom90steve wrote:
What ever floats your Focal boat. Laughing It would be one boring world if everyone chose one brand wouldn't it.
Lish - So what have you got now then HU wise speakers and so on? Thumbs Up

will see i may surprise you come the 25th Whistle CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Post #195871 22nd Dec 2012 10:36pm
Lishlandy

I have the Sony Bluetooth head unit from my old 90. Perfect for me as has all the power output without going silly and offering too many gadget setting bits.

Focal K2 coaxial tweeter and 4" speakers in the front.

Focal performance speakers for the back, also 4".

Alpine active subwoofer which is still to be put in tomorrow from my old 90.

Will see how that runs and then maybe add some 6x9's to the rear passenger area. Tbc but wallet is sore from Xmas shopping so enough goodies for now Big Cry ===================================
Steve
110 USW X-TECH
Post #195878 22nd Dec 2012 10:44pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
Lishlandy wrote:

Will see how that runs and then maybe add some 6x9's to the rear passenger area.

They can make a bigger impact than you realise. Especially powerful one's. I would suggest you have a look at Sony 6x9's. Perhaps they still do the Xplod range? Smile

Edit*
Like these: http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-...-26945.htm
However dare I say it these are more powerful though: http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-...-27488.htm Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #195962 23rd Dec 2012 11:53am
d j hutton

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Lishlandy wrote:
I have the Sony Bluetooth head unit from my old 90. Perfect for me as has all the power output without going silly and offering too many gadget setting bits.

Will see how that runs and then maybe add some 6x9's to the rear passenger area. Tbc but wallet is sore from Xmas shopping so enough goodies for now Big Cry

Hope that's all installed so we can have a listen in Wales Thumbs Up

Dj 1989 200tdi 90 csw
2011 110 usw Orkney grey

Buy British 🇬🇧

Defender Clothing Designs available at http://www.rangesports.com/acatalog/Defender-Stuff.html
Post #195966 23rd Dec 2012 12:57pm
j33per

2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 X-Tech LE Orkney Grey
I don't know about you guys but when I got my X-Tech the other day, the basic-ness of the stereo kind of irritated me. After a bit of research I found a Sony MEXBT4000U at Amazon for 109. Just installed it yesterday and it is fantastic! Why?

Bluetooth handsfree and streaming music from my iPhone, front USB port, front Aux and matches interior light colour. Better option than installing a Parrot or such like.
Post #199126 5th Jan 2013 9:18am
j33per

2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 X-Tech LE Orkney Grey
Soz...went wrong here...
Post #199127 5th Jan 2013 9:18am
Lishlandy

d j hutton wrote:
Lishlandy wrote:

Will see how that runs and then maybe add some 6x9's to the rear passenger area. Tbc but wallet is sore from Xmas shopping so enough goodies for now Big Cry

Hope that's all installed so we can have a listen in Wales Thumbs Up

Dj

All the speakers are installed DJ, just getting the sub in and then it's rock and roll Razz. also need to pull my finger out regarding the dynamating for optimal sound...... Censored I haven't put on any of the underside protection either yet! ===================================
Steve
110 USW X-TECH
Post #199148 5th Jan 2013 11:09am
Lishlandy

Personal opinion only is that you reap the rewards of your investment regarding speakers. This I have not found in head units as I have run the same 300 Sony jobby for a few years (in vauxhall's, Ford's and Land Rover's) and not noticed any personal difference compared to a 500-600 head unit which I have tested, it hasn't broken, so won't replace it.

Spent a few quid on the Focal's and it is honestly like your ears are being massaged with sweet music. The clarity is staggering and that doesn't waver the more you turn it up which has always been a problem for me on cheap speakers. ===================================
Steve
110 USW X-TECH
Post #199150 5th Jan 2013 11:16am
custom90

United Kingdom 
Lishlandy wrote:
which has always been a problem for me on cheap speakers.

Personally IMO if someone wanted to upgrade from standard to cheap aftermarket I'd tell them to keep standard probably better. Some of the power ratings on cheap one's are awful and will sound so tinny it'd be embarrassing. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #199155 5th Jan 2013 12:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>