Page 12 of 13 <123 ... 111213>
Print this entire topic · 
pope10001

United Kingdom 1992 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Zermatt Silver
Thanks Brendan & Ze Smile
Post #188322 25th Nov 2012 8:35pm
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
I'm raising money for Prostate Cancer UK and the Institute of Cancer Research via the Movember web site. So far we have raised 748 our team name is TASH N TACKLE link found here http://uk.movember.com/team/456409

Would be great if some of you guys and girls would make a little donation Thumbs Up

https://www.movember.com/uk/donate/payment/team_id/456409 130's have feeling's as well you know Smile
Post #188343 25th Nov 2012 9:19pm
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
Done Thumbs Up
My son was doing this but gave up 'cos his bum fluff wouldn't grow fast enough Laughing
Mind you, I'm a little "hirsuitically challenged" so I know where he gets it from Embarassed Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #188360 25th Nov 2012 10:00pm
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
I stumbled on this thread by accident earlier this evening and it's provided an interesting, and in the main, a thought provoking read.

I have seen much the same kind of discussion on a number and variety of forums over the years and have little fresh to add. However in my ideal world my personal preference for forums that require an income from sponsorship and advertising would be for informative banner ads and separate advertising sections rather than what amounts to regular direct advertising input in normal user sections and threads. But that is not how this forum was set up and evolved and I respect that. However what I perceive as a gradual increase in direct advertising in threads along with the focus on what I personally consider 'bling' is one of the reasons I am not a frequent poster - at present.

What else? Oh yes, the fact that my Defender is not always draped with the flashiest / very best / most expensive / highly engineered / brightly coloured / leather clad / walnut faced / brightest / latest / whatever matters not a stuff to me. I just drive 'em, chuck stuff in 'em, pull stuff with 'em and fix 'em when required, it does what I need like most of the other Land Rover products I've owned over the decades. Of course the preceding means I can only pee...

....this high Rolling with laughter Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #188392 25th Nov 2012 11:25pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
MOG - Your post made me smile. Especially the bit where they need fixing. Smile Diesels Lives Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️
And if You Love the Country, then we’re on the same side ~
I got’ love for Britain, I got’ British pride’. 🇬🇧
Post #188396 26th Nov 2012 12:05am
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
JSG wrote:
the place has changed. Some of the members from back then have moved on and new ones have come - some stay and some go. Some join, post the highest possible number of questions per day, promise to keep their Defender till they're buried in it, buy shares in polish and then buy a boat and sod off ... Wink

I've been away John, "sailed around the Horne, seen everything, done everything and that's how i know (some)people are miserable". Especially on forums Laughing

I'm still around mate and looking forward to Zagging a new 90 on Sunday Very Happy May even put some pics up Whistle

This is a very good forum and will continue to be with such a good chore group of posters - just another forum spat Rolling Eyes which are usually few and far between...

Good on Martin for providing us enthusiasts with a bank of forums for such a thankless task most of the time!

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by Zagato on 28th Nov 2012 8:52pm. Edited 2 times in total
Post #189309 28th Nov 2012 8:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ZeDefender

New 90 Shocked
Woohoooo Thumbs Up Mr. Green

Matt Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
Post #189316 28th Nov 2012 8:37pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Not mine Matt Big Cry But I will REALLY enjoy treating it Thumbs Up
Post #189320 28th Nov 2012 8:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Baldinho

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Orkney Grey
It's thanks to this forum that I found out you could buy a new defender for the price of a year old one and where to buy it from. Thanks Forest172.

I also discovered it was best to treat it to dinitrol/waxoyl as soon as possible, and also that Nero steering wheels and leather dashboard bits looked quite smart.

It was also through this forum that I found members Zagato, Killer90 and Go Beyond could sort all of this out!

My new 90xs arrives tomorrow and I look forward to Zagato working his dinitrol magic at the weekend!
Post #189331 28th Nov 2012 9:16pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Thank you for the business, working on your glove box kit as we speak Thumbs Up
Post #189332 28th Nov 2012 9:21pm
Killer90
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Fuji White
Baldinho wrote:
It's thanks to this forum that I found out you could buy a new defender for the price of a year old one and where to buy it from. Thanks Forest172.

I also discovered it was best to treat it to dinitrol/waxoyl as soon as possible, and also that Nero steering wheels and leather dashboard bits looked quite smart.

It was also through this forum that I found members Zagato, Killer90 and Go Beyond could sort all of this out!

My new 90xs arrives tomorrow and I look forward to Zagato working his dinitrol magic at the weekend!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up CSK Automotive
www.cskautomotive.co.uk
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/csklr
Follow us on Instagram - @cskautomotive
Post #189339 28th Nov 2012 9:29pm
ZeDefender

Zagato wrote:
I will REALLY enjoy treating it

Hmmm - you realise that's bordering on a fetish, I suppose Whistle
Have fun Thumbs Up

p.s. apparently they're banning bestiality here - a sad day indeed (Waxoyl isn't my thing) Laughing Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
Post #189344 28th Nov 2012 9:39pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
ZeDefender wrote:
Zagato wrote:
I will REALLY enjoy treating it

Hmmm - you realise that's bordering on a fetish, I suppose Whistle
Have fun Thumbs Up

Yes I realise now, it wasn't until after I sold mine and looked back at ALL the pics and how much time I spent keeping her in top nick that I thought I should be certified Rolling Eyes Nothing nicer than a bit of shiny machinery Very Happy The longer I have clients vehicles the more I do on them Rolling Eyes Can't help myself, go inside have a cup of tea and Oh I'll just go back out and do a bit more, treat the common rail, take off the rear tub strip and treat underneath etc, etc ,etc ,etc ,etc where do you stop? Shocked maybe at polishing the inside of the exhaust Neutral
Post #189427 29th Nov 2012 9:32am
couplands

United Kingdom 2001 Defender 90 Td5 HT Oslo Blue
I used to polish the inside (and outside) of the exhaust on my first car.... Embarassed

Used Brasso, brilliant stuff.

Talk about OCD....

Cheers

Simon
Post #189429 29th Nov 2012 9:35am
warren

England 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
I used to do the inside of Big Blacks exhaust for the first year I had it.... Embarassed

Always enjoyed keeping it shiny, used to like it when people said 'oh is that a new one?' then feel quite smug when I'd tell them it was three years old Very Happy
Post #189498 29th Nov 2012 2:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 13 <123 ... 111213>