↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Seat belt light? and clunk!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
T5bnc

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Seat belt light? and clunk!
Hi all

Anyone have a seat belt light on there puma 110 i can see on the dash but it doesnt light up when the seat belt isnt conected do i have a fault or is this normal?

Also i get a clunk!! every so often it doesnt sound like a transmission clunk more like suspension although it does clunk when going over bumbs etc..

Any help would be greatfully acepted

Cheers

Ben
Post #180897 1st Nov 2012 11:49am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
There's a few bits on the dash that aren't used, seat belt light being one of them Thumbs Up
Post #180905 1st Nov 2012 12:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
pope10001

United Kingdom 1992 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Zermatt Silver
The clunk is probably caused by the fact that its a Land Rover, they do that! Whistle
Post #180938 1st Nov 2012 12:48pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Remember the instrument panel came from the Disco 3, and as a result there are many lights and things that are not used on the Defender.
Post #180959 1st Nov 2012 1:38pm
T5bnc

blackwolf wrote:
Remember the instrument panel came from the Disco 3, and as a result there are many lights and things that are not used on the Defender.

didnt realise that! fare play.
Post #181009 1st Nov 2012 4:57pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Sumatra Black
While we're talking dashboards, when I indicate (2011 110XS) there's a little round light that illuminates at the bottom right of the warning light cluster. It looks like an image of a trailer but I don't understand why you'd have a trailer warning light and what it'd tell you.

What's it trying to tell me?
Post #181022 1st Nov 2012 5:57pm
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
It illuminates when you have a trailer connected and you indicate, tells you trailer indicators are working
Post #181023 1st Nov 2012 5:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
T5bnc

AndyS wrote:
While we're talking dashboards, when I indicate (2011 110XS) there's a little round light that illuminates at the bottom right of the warning light cluster. It looks like an image of a trailer but I don't understand why you'd have a trailer warning light and what it'd tell you.

Mine flashes once really quick when indicating, and only started doing it when i had hooked a trailer up (when it was hooked up it flashes all the time when indicating).

I thought it was an aide-memoir. like oh!! dumb ass don't forget i am here!!! if you catch my drift..
Rolling with laughter
Post #181025 1st Nov 2012 6:12pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Sumatra Black
I thought it might have been a "remember the trailer, idiot" light, even when there's no trailer hooked up ('haha, who's the idiot now' I'd think each time). But I think "trailer indicators working" is a better answer.

Thanks.
Post #181031 1st Nov 2012 6:35pm
bvandyk

T5bnc wrote:
AndyS wrote:

Mine flashes once really quick when indicating, and only started doing it when i had hooked a trailer up (when it was hooked up it flashes all the time when indicating).

I thought it was an aide-memoir. like oh!! dumb ass don't forget i am here!!! if you catch my drift..
Rolling with laughter

It's normal for the trailer indicator to light up once when indicating when no trailer is connected. If there is a trailer connected it will keep on flashing with the normal indicator lights.
Post #181282 2nd Nov 2012 1:34pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
bvandyk wrote:

It's normal for the trailer indicator to light up once when indicating when no trailer is connected. If there is a trailer connected it will keep on flashing with the normal indicator lights.

IMHO though it does beg the question as to why it flashes even once. Surely the logical way would be no trailer no light at all. Trailer connected light on.. On the flip side though I guess it does show that it is working so maybe that is the reason. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #181286 2nd Nov 2012 1:39pm
bvandyk

custom90steve wrote:
bvandyk wrote:

IMHO though it does beg the question as to why it flashes even once. Surely the logical way would be no trailer no light at all. Trailer connected light on.. On the flip side though I guess it does show that it is working so maybe that is the reason.

Maybe it does it to detect the presence of a trailer? I don't know. My Puma does it, and my TD5 also did it.
Post #181289 2nd Nov 2012 1:45pm
110SEB

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
It does it to let you know that the electrics to the trailer socket are in working order as far as I remember.
Post #181415 2nd Nov 2012 8:17pm
custom90

United Kingdom 
110 Seb - That sounds about right to me if I think back to previous threads. Diesel$ Live$ Matter. ⛽️🛢️👨‍🔧🧰⚙️ RED, WHITE & BOOST! 🇬🇧
Post #181423 2nd Nov 2012 8:35pm
Marius

South Africa 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Keswick Green
I also had the (klunk) of death - but I finally traced it to the A-Arm ball joint that connects the diff to the chassis. that's why it sounds like it's coming from the rear somewhere. Got LR to fix it under waranty. Now it's gone Smile
Post #184302 12th Nov 2012 1:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>