↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Hesitation/P2263-22 and P00BC-00 on Puma 2.2 with DPF
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ronwong

2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Orkney Grey
Hesitation/P2263-22 and P00BC-00 on Puma 2.2 with DPF
My car is having some serious asthma situation and I have no luck pinpointing it down.

The car sometimes randomly goes into a vacuum state. Is, the MAP sensor returns 1 barometer or 14.7 psi on ODB readings normally at idle.

Sometimes it goes to 0.7 atm or 9.9psi. THis stays in this state anything from 2 mins to 30 mins. And you can shut down the car, lock it, turn it on again, and it will still be 9.9psi if you shut it down when its low pressure.

I recently is able to replicate to make it get into this vacuum state by accelerating it hard and drag it up, ie push the pressure to 36psi on long acceleration. Once you slow down the pedal, it may get into this state of 70% of atm in the intake manifold.

No, my MAP sensor is fine. I have checked for leaks in my intercooler pipes and nothing seems aparent. They are allisport silicons, I dont suppose they will split.

In long drags of acceleration, it may also throw you into limp mode with P2263-22 code alone or together with P00BC-00.

Any clues?

If under vacuum state, the "hesitation" is very apparent as in you step on acceleator, nothing happens, till the psi goes to about 15 then it will surge forward, and this happens at every gear change.
Post #461451 8th Oct 2015 3:24am
Roy5695

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Indus Silver
This to me points to a sticky turbo actuator link. I've never had this problem myself but read many threads about it. There is a way of disconnecting the link and freeing up the linkage but I'm unsure how to do this. Hopefully someone will be along shortly with some more help.
Post #461494 8th Oct 2015 9:28am
Eduardo

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Stornoway Grey
Happens to me something similar (randomly loss of power) and happens to be the MAF that was not reading correctly.
Can you read the MAF values?

Cheers Eduardo

MY 2007 110 SW PUMA 2.4: Big Fog of 64'
MY 1994 Jayco 1207 Folding camper: "El Tremendo"

Click image to enlarge
Post #461581 8th Oct 2015 3:47pm
bell-auto-services

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
If only on long hard drags where the car is working make sure its not temperature related because you can get a similar fault when the turbo actuator gets to hot and the motor starts to stick or the vgt mech sticks, it can then draw to much current and the ecu assumes a circuit fault.

I assume you are still standard exhaust system ?

Pete.
Post #461595 8th Oct 2015 4:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1