↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > No more worried - just dead chuffed!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
PumaGreg wrote:
Hi SMJ,

It sounds as if you are in a really similar situation to myself - I'm also as excited as a school boy about taking delivery of my new 90 Station Wagon.

The wheels you mention above (from Nene) are also available through Silverline tyres directly (see link http://www.silverline4x4.co.uk/4x4/aluminiumwheels/index.htm)

I've bought wheels and tyres through them before (be it some time ago) and they're a really helpful bunch - normally pretty cheap too.

Cheers,

Hey PumaGreg - welcome to the club.

SJM - I'd get the dealer to fit the chequer plate. Apart from anything else, it's a PITA to fit without all the right tools so it'll save you time. One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #8151 6th Mar 2009 6:58pm
SJM

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
Think that's my mind set then - dealer to fit chequer plate and the underside protection - will then look at aftermarket for 'A bar'/ lamps and Mantec for snorkel if needed - will see how brave I am on the off road training! Shocked
Post #8153 6th Mar 2009 8:59pm
110SEB

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Good idea on the chequer plate. The steering guard is easy to fit yourself, so think about saving a penny or two there - look at Rebel 4x4 - they're well priced and solid kit, easy to fit. Snorkels - Mantec are the best and well priced but not that easy to fit yourself as a novice i understand. It's up to you. If you can get a snorkel thrown in free then get it, but if you can't then Mantec will be half rpice and then take your time fitting it yourself.

I KNOW you will love your truck, because they are brilliant. Make sure to post some pics when you take deilvery. We ordered ours when the Puma was just announced and waited 6 months for it. I envy your 1 week wait! Good decision. Discos are for wimps!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post #8155 6th Mar 2009 10:27pm
alantd

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Tonga Green
Agreed - I'd personally fit a steering guard/diff guard yourself and save a couple of hundred quid.

Snorkel is a lovely bit of kit but you'll have to be going some to need it. There are heaps of instructions here from people who have fitted them (although it does look a bit of a fiddle). The other thing to consider would be a swing-away carrier for the spare wheel. If you're going to be doing all that off road action then it might be nice to protect those hinges. One that started out as a 2.4 TDCi 110 XS
+ New Defender 110 First Edition
Post #8157 6th Mar 2009 10:53pm
110SEB

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
^^^ Roger that.
Post #8158 6th Mar 2009 10:54pm
SJM

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Stornoway Grey
I've been lucky with this one as it is already on their forecourt - just needs PDI etc.. Also, it's one of two left at ly local dealer where they are paying the VAT, once these two go (and one of them is mine, so just one more left now!) then they are closing the VAT paid offer. They'll still be giving dicounts of some type, but prob won't be as keen as this one.

Thanks for tip re the underbody protection - will check their website as well.
Post #8159 6th Mar 2009 10:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12