Page 243 of 265 <123 ... 242243244 ... 263264265>
Print this entire topic · 
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
No tears, just a dull course to attend.
Post #729735 18th Sep 2018 11:29am
shropshiredefender

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
I've been on a couple of those courses (probably twice your age) and you can liven it up a bit by contributing in the most controversial way possible!
I would give examples but there are too many long faced serious types looking in.
Have fun Laughing
Post #729759 18th Sep 2018 1:20pm
dorsetsmith

Huttopia wrote:
No tears, just a dull course to attend.

This will not work for ever, then it will be tears
Post #729777 18th Sep 2018 3:06pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
Bus Lane fines in Manchester. Independents have discovered the signage is the worst in Europe and on the web are many vids showing people walking the route to show what a twilight zone Manchester has created.

Adjudicators have found that the signs on some sections of the Oxford Road bus route fail to meet the required standard, taking into account the signs regulations and the Department for Transport guidance to authorities in the Traffic Signs Manual.

The Oxford road buss lane catches a thousand motorist a day and has so far this year generated Ten million pounds for Manchester council. Maybe not a Tax but as Del Boy would say 'a nice little earner'.

Would you know this sign is a bus lane sign and once passed it you incur a £90.00 fine or 33.00 if paid within seven days?

It has now been replaced with this one after eight months.

Click image to enlarge
 For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #729780 18th Sep 2018 3:25pm
pistonbroke

United Kingdom 
Why does every storm need a bloody name these days?

Why can’t it just be a bit of wind and rain and possibly some localised floods?
Post #730311 21st Sep 2018 10:40am
leeds

United Kingdom 
Gilarion, I will readily admit those two photographs confuse me! (You could say it does not take much!)

1st photo

Approaching a T junction with no permitted right turn for ALL traffic as no exemption plate for buses taxis cycles permitted to turn right.

So why is other traffic to turn left? ALL traffic should turn left at that T junction surely?

2nd photo left turn ahead. Straight ahead ALL motor vehicles prohibited 125 yards past the left hand turn. So should it be a no through road sign? No exemption plate for buses taxis etc. Other traffic should surely only be used when there is an exemption for certain classes of traffic.

There again maybe I should get my highway code out and do some revision on traffic signs. There again it could be someone who is employed in the highway dept who is sign dyslexic.

Brendan
Post #730314 21st Sep 2018 11:02am
Happyoldgit

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Dear Lord, just logged in for a nose around and another delve into the new Defender section Rolling Eyes

Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet?Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet? Does anyone have any information on the new Defender yet?

Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched? Anyone heard anything about when the new Defender will be launched?

Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like? Does anyone know what the new Defender will look like?

Then there are a few who know it all who have it on good authority from someone who knows someone very near the top of something that there are developments but if you told you who, what or when they would have to become a horse hair shirt wearing hermit and live in a cave for the rest of my days.

Man oh man Rolling with laughter Steve.
Owned numerous Land Rover vehicles of all shapes and sizes over the decades.
Current Defender: A non tarts hand-bagged Puma 110 XS USW.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

http://forums.lr4x4.com

I used to be Miserable ...but now I'm ecstatic.
Post #730348 21st Sep 2018 3:51pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Time on your hands, Steve? Whistle Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #730370 21st Sep 2018 5:46pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Steve, the simple answer to your question repeated n billion times is that I have not got a clue what the replacement Defender will be like.

No I am not going to repeat my answer n billion times.

Brendan
Post #730383 21st Sep 2018 6:18pm
Happyoldgit

LandRoverAnorak wrote:
Time on your hands, Steve? Whistle

Rumbled Laughing Steve.

[Insert something impressive here such as extensive list of previous Land Rovers or examples of your prestigeous and expensive items, trinkets, houses, bikes, vehicles etc]

Post #730392 21st Sep 2018 6:44pm
Happyoldgit

leeds wrote:
Steve, the simple answer to your question repeated n billion times is that I have not got a clue what the replacement Defender will be like.

No I am not going to repeat my answer n billion times.

Brendan

No Brendan, not my questions just the subtle flavour I picked up from visiting that section earlier Wink Steve.

Post #730394 21st Sep 2018 6:46pm
Laurie

England 2005 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
I spoke to someone who'd driven one recently in the UK.
The only thing I could get out of them is that it doesn't have a chassis. 
Post #730453 22nd Sep 2018 12:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zed

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Everything that is wrong with modern society.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoPHgPrBQxc/?tagged=landroverdefender
Post #731542 27th Sep 2018 5:08pm
RFT

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
HOTELS:

Why are there insufficient sockets to plug in laptop and mobile chargers at desk
Why is the lighting so dull that you can not read a book
Why is there never a socket next to the bed to charge mobile over night whist still being able to reach phone and not have to get out of bed to talk to family.
Why do they insist on covering almost every single flat surface with advertising material for hotel spa, hotel gar, hotel restaurant
Why do they look shocked when you get the hump when they say "have you booked a table Sir" in the hotel restaurant and politely remind them that "I'm staying in your hotel I want to eat when I want to eat, I don't want to plan tonights meal time at 6.00am when I leave to go to work in the morning"
Why do they use small white print on the shampoo and shower gel etc so you need to use your glasses to work out which is which.
Why do reception staff always seem to effuse a "you are disturbing my life by trying to speak to me" attitude (I some time want to apologise for daring to use their hotel)

As you can guess I'm in a Hotel getting grumpy. (Moerdijk in NL) 130 Puma HCPU with an Artica 240LR Demountable Camper
Post #731546 27th Sep 2018 5:33pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
RFT,

Yes to all of the above!

In a past life, I spent several weeks in a hotel just inside North Wales whilst working up at Airbus at Broughton.

It was part of a hotel chain. Probably enough said.

1) I could hardly ever get a table in the restaurant at 6.30 - 7.00 even though there was never a lot of people in their.
2) The Chef seemed to think everything had to be accompanied or garnished with baby spinach.
3) The fire alarm went off one morning at 8.00am. I evacuated (why wouldn't you?) only to see lots of guests standing at their doors gawping in the corridor. 'It's the fire alarm, I think you need to get out'. I don't think they were non-english speaking. Mind you coming from Norfolk, neither am I. I got into reception just leaving the door and the alarm stopped. No concern from any staff. I went back to reception and asked whether they would let me back in my room. 'Haven't you got your key? Have you any identification?' No! I didn't stop to get my wallet, room key, laptop, iPad, bag, spare underpants, nothing I just got out. They were really up the ar$e about letting me back in.
4) 2.00am. I woke. I was sure that was a jigsaw. No, how could it be. This is a hotel. No one in the right mind would use a jigsaw at 2.00am in a hotel would they. I looked outside. White van, two guys, sawing horses and jigsaw working away. It did stop. As you can guess. I was awake by then. TV on and BBC News until the alarm went off. As luck would have it, I bumped into the Hotel Manager on the stairs. 'Good morning Sir, how are you?' Not very impressed by your handymen at 2.00am in the morning. 'Agh Sir, we didn't know they were coming. They just turned up'. No apology. No nothing.
It seems that this Hotel brand was a sponsor of London 2012 and these Guys were going around all their hotels putting signage up. They were doing it at night so they didn't disturb anyone!

Rolling with laughter

I would have gone somewhere else, but it was too convenient to where I was working.

When I worked away, I tried to stick to Premier Inns as to be honest, they hardly ever caused me any grief, the Staff were on the whole very friendly, they were clean and you get no surprises. They are what they are. The menus in the adjoining eateries got a bit predictable but at least there was no baby spinach!

RFT I feel your pain. You also forgot that the 'work desk' in every hotel I have ever stayed in has been as uncomfortable as hell to sit at.
Post #731552 27th Sep 2018 6:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 243 of 265 <123 ... 242243244 ... 263264265>