Home > Puma (Tdci) > Cylinder Balance - Acceptable values using FORScan
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ozzie1989

Wales 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Bonatti Grey
Cylinder Balance - Acceptable values using FORScan
Hi all,

After seeing a few threads on FORScan I thought I'd give it a go as I had an adaptor already.

Appreciate it only looks at the engine because it's Ford, but it does give me lots of info my other 'generic' OBDII scanner could not. I haven't tried a pump re-learn or anything yet either - more so because I'm off on Holiday soon and don't want to break anything Laughing

So anyway, looking at the various values today I noticed one of my cylinders seems to require an abnormal balance value on tick over - I say abnormal because it's different to the rest and may actually be well within any pre-defined acceptable values.

If you look at the screenshot below you'll see what I mean:

I hadn't noticed before but using the scanner it shows that after start up the engine doesn't seem to do any balancing for around 6-10 seconds (engine runs unevenly, fuel rail pressure all over the place, all balance values at 0) then after it kicks in the balance values change and the engine runs much more smoothly with a steady fuel rail pressure.

Cylinder 2 balance slowly crept up to 7. something before settling to the value shown above.

So bascially is the above usual, unusual? I recently changed the inejctor seals so wondering if cylinder 2 didn't seat properly or something? No error codes logged by the way...

Thanks Smile Now: 2010 2.4 TDCi 110 Utility Wagon
Then: 2004 2.5 TD5 90 Hard Top (X-Tech Edition)
Post #723424 14th Aug 2018 1:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1