↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > British Gas arrrrrrgh
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
defender9

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
British Gas arrrrrrgh
British Gas, the most totally incompetent useless organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. They have been sending me bills for a house which I rent out and for which the tenants are responsible for the utilities. After recieving several different bills over the last few months and having numerous discussions they are now sending me a bill for the standing charge for the 3 weeks the property was empty which was what I agreed to pay in the first place.
Post #720668 31st Jul 2018 11:58am
leeds

United Kingdom 
If you think British Gas is bad just wait until you have the "pleasure" of dealing with Npower!

Brendan
Post #720724 31st Jul 2018 6:30pm
OsloBlue

United Kingdom 2003 Defender 110 Td5 XS CSW Oslo Blue
Ahh yes Npower

Estimating A derelict property using more power than CERN because no usage on your smart meter can't be right on having no units used, Disconnecting the meter and still paying the standing charge, charging interest, then having the building demolished, and because you won't pay doubling your "owed amount" to £32,000 since 2002!

Never again Npower.

SSE are just as bad because you always get through to one of there peripheral companies. EON love to estimate your usage.

Corona weren't that bad, neither were OPUS but the standing charges were much more. there was another one that had a terrible reputation but found them to be A1 but i forget who they are... I'm on IG: https://www.instagram.com/osloblue42/
Current: TD5 '110 "Lucinda" Thread here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic62562.html
Post #720729 31st Jul 2018 7:01pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Yes, n power had me messing about for two weeks because one of my tenants left owing money and a new tenant was moving in. Evil or Very Mad the old tenant put a pre pay meter in without informing me and I couldn’t even put money on a card to get everything going without 5 hours of phone calls and 15 trips to different shops to register cards, knock off owing credit and clearing meters Rolling Eyes Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #720737 31st Jul 2018 7:42pm
legin

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Leeds I deal with Npower and I know how you feel they are supposed to be a energy supplier but I find they taken all my energy Big Cry
Post #720747 31st Jul 2018 8:28pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Luckily I do not have any contact with power these days. Personally I think the meter readers employed by power are innumerate as they can not read flat numbers marked on the outside of the block and each meter had flat number clearly marked on them. They would regularly get confused between the different meters which caused a lot of confusion with the bills.

Another interesting bill was one I had from British Gas. They billed me for a gas supply at a property I owned. On phoning them I refused to pay the bill and told them to take me to court as there was no way I was paying that bill. BG said they were quite willing to take me to court over the unpaid bill. I asked them why they sent me the bill and they told me the property was now occupied. OK where is the gas meter situated? BG had no idea and they got a rather blunt reply there is no gas in the property, a former plumbers store now a single car garage!

The joys of dealing with utility companies.

Brendan
Post #720751 31st Jul 2018 8:45pm
leeds

United Kingdom 
Brendan delegates most of that sort of stuff to me.
For the last couple of months switching suppliers has been on my list of jobs to do but has kept slipping down the list. Got an email over the weekend to tell me that our current supplier has gone bust and to sit tight.
So I will sit tight but am thinking I might just stop the direct debit on a just in case basis.
It’s a bit of a dilemma to pu it mildly.
Regards
Barbara
Post #720766 31st Jul 2018 9:38pm
camelman

United Kingdom 
Hi Barbara, were you with Iresa?

At the minute, OFGEM are looking to appoint a 'supplier of last resort', usually but not always one of the bigger energy companies.
Your account will then be taken up by this supplier and any credit balance will be refunded once they have billed you up to the point of the take over. You'll then be put on the new suppliers 'deemed' tariff.
Depending on which supplier takes over and what agreement they have with the administrators, debt balances may or may not transfer to the new supplier, they might stay with the administrator of the old firm.

The OFGEM link is here (you might have already been given this): https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/househo...t-business

A few of the smaller suppliers have gone under now in the last 12 months. 
Post #720772 31st Jul 2018 9:51pm
legin

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
This all sounds like good fun ,going bust any one could take over, if ,but's and may be's because none of us have better thing's to do Mad

Click image to enlarge

A wood burning hot tub that will send a shock to Npower Rolling with laughter
Post #720781 31st Jul 2018 10:17pm
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
I have been with British Gas and N Power and have had fixed term contracts with both. Standing charges are charged whether you use gas/electric or not , the details are in the contract you agree to.

When I was with British gas they failed to stop taking money from my bank account for an old contract , when I rang to complain I was fobbed off with "Your gas and electric are paid separately that's why we take two lots of money" I asked for the details to be sent to me this took 6 months to arrive, I was right one contract had expired and the other started on the same date. I rang and explained but the illiterate member of staff could not see this even though she read out the dates, the Supervisor had the same problem. I took a solicitor and the Police to whom I had reported the theft to a further six months to sort out. British gas only wanted to pay me the money they had "accidentally taken" but I hit them with interest charges and legal fees which they reluctantly agreed to pay to prevent me taking them to court. Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #720819 1st Aug 2018 8:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1