↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Proctas Peugeot 306 HDI
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
I will get some more photos up, as I have fitted the brake lines to the car, so I am slowly getting her back to looking like a car again! I hope to have her back on her feet again tomorrow. Just need to have another recheck on a few things and a bit of a cable tie here and there due to the age of the plastic clips holding the pipes in.
I hoping to at make a start on fitting the brake discs and pads at some point tomorrow.
I have found a place that will balance the original wheels and also a place that will repair the original wheels too! SO we are getting there! Got to push for the MOT, and get a back box for the defender, as that's close for an MOT. Shocked Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #711663 10th Jun 2018 12:25am
Procta

United Kingdom 
well I was hoping to get the brakes out of the way, but it decided to Censored down with rain, just before I made a start on the front of the car, SO fingers crossed I can finish the job today. After I finish work. Smile Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #711828 11th Jun 2018 6:02am
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Yep had one. Well the slightly earlier shape followed by two XSi's (all new) and all in the darker metallic blue. then followed by a new 106 Gti Thumbs Up

no troubles with any of them and back then the standard stereo was cracking.
Post #711841 11th Jun 2018 8:30am
Procta

United Kingdom 
I had the Phase 1, ( Square front) The XSi was another favourite to have along side the DTurbo and HDI. I think the colour you are thinking about could be called china blue. The 106s are still very popular as track cars.
Update today, Made a start with the disc and pad change, all was going well. Until i came to putting the car back together. Somthing wasnt right. My dad came out to check his defenders Oil and took a look, and said that one of the pins seems to have stuck. Which ended up snapping, so i have to get two carriers as i can see the other side been a pain in the arse.
Sad Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #711939 11th Jun 2018 7:25pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well my pal tapped the front hub for me, so I can now secure the front disc, but that's about it until my replacement parts come. Looks like they are made to order now due to the age of the car. ( been nearly 20 years old so they are no longer stocked on shelf sadly) I did hope they would have been here yesterday so that I could have had the brakes completed. But looks like its going to be Friday when I finish night shift. Rolling Eyes Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #712935 17th Jun 2018 10:16pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well the car is back together, and we have a leak at the front, Right where to the front meets the back Evil or Very Mad So I have to strip the car down again engine bay wise to get access to these two little Censored !! But the rears did start to get the fluid through so all is ok there, a part from that we are very close! hand brake is back, so that's another job ticked off.
Only needs these two lines done and we are laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #713942 22nd Jun 2018 10:09pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
well we found out what the story was, the female ends are not the right ones, after we did some checking with the old units. The ones that were put on the new pipes were the same as the defender, so I recon the place put either old stock ends or something, as the old ends went on no trouble at all. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #714125 24th Jun 2018 1:53am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well old ends are swopped on to the new pipes and are installed, So its a case of bleeding again and checking. So fingers crossed I can be back on the road. Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #714382 25th Jun 2018 8:23pm
Jimb1978

England 2002 Defender 110 Td5 Black LE Java Black
Procta wrote:
I had the Phase 1, ( Square front) The XSi was another favourite to have along side the DTurbo and HDI. I think the colour you are thinking about could be called china blue. The 106s are still very popular as track cars.
Update today, Made a start with the disc and pad change, all was going well. Until i came to putting the car back together. Somthing wasnt right. My dad came out to check his defenders Oil and took a look, and said that one of the pins seems to have stuck. Which ended up snapping, so i have to get two carriers as i can see the other side been a pain in the arse.
Sad

I think it was called Miami blue. I had a 94 DTurbo. Best none Land Rover I’ve ever had...apart from the civic type r, but they seem to be owned by idiots these days

Edited....sorry just re read. You were talking about the darker blue. The Miami blue was a cross between Subaru blue and bmw blue if you know what I mean 2002 110 td5
Post #714397 25th Jun 2018 9:22pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Ah yeah Miami blue! that was another favourite colour, in the 306 range. Not sure if that colour continued into the later phase 3, China blue might have replaced that, moonstone was a phase 3 colour I think.
The early ones never gave any trouble at all, the later one like mine had problems with crank pulley and fuel pump. Which i have replaced a few years ago. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #714430 26th Jun 2018 6:07am
Procta

United Kingdom 
well she is in for her MOT, fingers crossed we can have the old girl back in action! Smile Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #715166 29th Jun 2018 4:05pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
She passed!!! Very Happy Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

The advisories are a laugh mind, i can post those up if people are interested to see.
I recon i will take the defender else where Rolling Eyes Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #715289 30th Jun 2018 11:09am
L110CDL

England 
Great news Procta, makes all the work on the 306 worth while Very Happy Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #715471 1st Jul 2018 12:28pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Well today I decided to go back to old school days, I fitted the changer and Head unit, that was going to go in the Defender. I did have the same setup 10 years ago. so the wiring was still there for the changer.
So with in a space of an hour it was installed.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And guess what, it all works Very Happy

Click image to enlarge

Not Censored bad for a tenner eh! Very Happy Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #724725 21st Aug 2018 11:36pm
L110CDL

England 
Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #724949 22nd Aug 2018 10:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 9 <123456789>