↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Rosco's Montalcino 110
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
it's your pride and joy.....would you hire it out at 100 dollars / mile?

180 miles - would that get it sorted? (sorry not sure what the exchange rate is).

180 miles is outrageous. sorry to hear you've had this done to you.
Post #696410 27th Mar 2018 9:29am
Morepower

New Zealand 
Spoke to Alex at LR Customer care yesterday... She's chasing the dealer to call... Nothing as yet... I can imagine they are hoping to ignore the situation.... If I've not been contacted by the dealer by Friday, I'll be back onto LR to complain that this is unacceptable..

Regards

Tim It doesn't matter how bad it is, It can always get worse...

2013 Bowler 110 (Sold)
2016 Bowler 90 Rally Spec (Sold)
Post #696821 28th Mar 2018 9:00pm
Caterham

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Good luck mate. Thumbs Up
Post #696826 28th Mar 2018 9:12pm
Tdi4

Netherlands 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
+1..........

Good luck! In the most sincere way possible a defender from 1984 pretending to be a puma with a touch of Range Rover
Post #696835 28th Mar 2018 9:40pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I've realised its been a little while since I've posted an update on this thread, so given we're nearly at the 43k mark, and I managed to get 10 minutes tinkering time over the bank holiday weekend (whilst the kids sat in the dark pretending to be at the cinema), its about time I did.

First job was something I've been meaning to do since February 2017, when attending the Green Lane and Social weekend organised by JST one of the screws for my glovebox lid vibrated out

Click image to enlarge

A quick call to Claire at MSS to try and establish the sizes, and she posted me out a set FOC. Top service Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

As I had an option this time round I used a longer screw than last time, but I cant remember whether the dome caps came with the glovebox kit, or if I'd sourced them elsewhere, so still needs finishing, but from the drivers seat I can't see its missing, so wont irk me too much.

Click image to enlarge

Next job, was finally getting time to fit the LED lights I'd purchased from Ayrshire Landy, which has been sitting around since last November.

Click image to enlarge

The kit arrived no problems, but I then thought I don't fancy orange indicators at the front, so sourced some matching clear ones from Bearmach

Click image to enlarge

Ten minute job as they were all plug and play, and switched the relay over, but I'll swap this out at some point as I've lost the trailer warning light.

Obligatory before and after shots.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Rears were done as well, but couldn't be bothered moving her to get a back end shot. I do still need to source LED reverse and fog lights as I want plug and play versions, but most seem to be bare tails, and when I tackle that job I'll fit the LED numberplate light I've also got.

Still a list of other jobs to get round to, but some of those will wait until the weather breaks a bit more. 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #698514 4th Apr 2018 3:08pm
Rosco

Had a little more tinker time this morning, so got on with a job we've been discussing for a while, taking out one of the 3rd row seats to give us more room when we go away. Personally I wanted to take out both, but SWMBO wants to keep one in so we can seperate the 3 kids a bit when they start arguing.

So starting point. Apologies for the blurry pics

Click image to enlarge

I used the handy how to post by RRUK http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic39220....at+removal and it took no time at all, at least it would of if my little helper had been more helpful. At one point he was insisting in sitting in the seat I was taking out.

Click image to enlarge

And finally a cavernous space!!

Click image to enlarge

It was surprising how much dust and fluff had built up in the corners, so gave it a vac and wipe down. Just need two bolts to drop in to cover the holes left

Whilst I had the tools out, I took the opportunity to look at fitting the load guard my Dad gave to me about 2 years ago. Its from a 90 but fits in the 110, just doesnt have the drop down panel. What he didnt have was the fitting kit, so I got hold of a kit from Travall a while back, but sadly its not compatible with the genuine guard. Back in the shed for now whilst I try and source a genuine fitting kit.

And finally, sorted the cap issue for the glovebox. Whilst looking for some cover caps on ebay, I found these dome nuts

Click image to enlarge

Think they finish it off pretty well

Click image to enlarge

Last week SWMBO had an event to do, so the land rover was pressed into service as transport. She uses grid wall to display her wares, which if I'm honest I hate. Its a pain to transport, pain to put up/together and a pain to store. Anyway lesson learnt from the last time and balancing whilst tying the panels on with cord, Ifitted a couple of eye bolts through the holes already in the bars, and mini ratchet straps. The bolts also fit between the bars on the grid wall and stop it sliding around when loading or driving.

Click image to enlarge

Worked great, but I need to get hold of some spring washers now as one has already worked loose Rolling Eyes

Still a list of jobs I want to do, time and funds permitting, but progressing along nicely. Now I've one seat out, I want to look at constructing a platform that can be taken in and out easily to aid transporting the storage boxes used to get to and from events. 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
Post #708189 20th May 2018 2:59pm
L110CDL

England 
Great update Rosco, many thanks Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #708473 21st May 2018 10:08pm
Rosco

Quick update. (apologies for some of the poor pictures)

During Whitsun break we popped down to Cornwall again and spotted many Land Rovers, much to my better half's amusement . Kids enjoyed helping me spot them though Laughing

Falmouth

Click image to enlarge

Cadgwith

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Lizard

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Mullion

Click image to enlarge

Poltesco

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Lizard Lifeboat Station

Click image to enlarge

One morning as the weather was particularly drizzly the eldest wanted to test his new waterproofs, so the boys went for a stroll on the coastal path, and the girls went to Helston for supplies. Couple of hours into our boys adventure I get a panicked phone call from the other half saying she's crashed. Big Cry No one is hurt and a couple following behind in their Discovery have stopped and given them a lift back to the caravan. Cue a 40 minute dash back to the caravan, where the story is re-told and a map drawn so I can go and find the 110.

Turns out its sat on the road behind Goonhilly Earth Station. So off I go on a 4 mile yomp across the moor to find out how much damage has been done. As I got within the last 500 yds the yellow 90 I'd spotted the night before at the Lifeboat station hove into view like a knight in shining armour. At this point I still couldnt see my 110, but given he'd just driven past it, I waved him down and asked for a bit assistance. On re-telling the story so far, I was met with the great Cornish response of "oh she's done a proper job there. Its right in!!"

On getting to it, it was off the road, and down the bank, but low range and diff lock, she drove straight out and was on the tarmac. First assessment, broken grill. The guy in the 90 kindly followed me the 4 miles back to the caravan just in case of any other issues, but all seemed good. Bow down Bow down

Click image to enlarge

Broken grill and number plate (which if I'm honest was looking ropey and I was about to change anyway)

Reviewed the dash cam footage, and it was a simple case of over correcting catching a pothole on the left hand edge of the road, which spat them off the right hand side at about 45mph. 10 seconds earlier and things could have ended very differently.

Carried on with the holiday for the next couple of days, but heard a metallic noise which concerned me that the incident may have been caused by a wheel bearing failing. So rather than taking a gamble given our drive home is at least 5-6 hours on the motorway, lets make use of the AA membership. Great customer service as ever, but to my surprise it was the same technician we'd had last year. He even remembered us, although I'm not sure that a good sign.

Click image to enlarge

Thankfully, it was just a bent mud deflector catching on the brake disc Cool

I've gathered all the parts together to sort the damage, but just waiting for my brother to be back from his holiday so that he can paint the grill up for me. Thumbs Up 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
Post #716596 7th Jul 2018 4:22pm
Sulisuli

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
Great update and an interesting read Thumbs Up 2015 HT XS 90
2008 SVX 90
2000 XS TD5 90
Post #716616 7th Jul 2018 8:30pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Nightmare Big Cry hope it’s an easy fix. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #716618 7th Jul 2018 8:32pm
Rosco

Easy fix, just the front grill and number plate. What's going to make it all take a little longer is the other bits and pieces I've accumulated to do as well, working on the basis that whilst half the fronts off..... Whistle 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
Post #716628 7th Jul 2018 9:08pm
Rosco

Managed to grab 10 minutes over the weekend and fitted the new brodit cradle to the dash mount for my new handset (hopefully that should sort the poor quality picture issue Whistle ) and fit the led number plate light, reverse light and fog light.

Reverse and fog are Wipac with the correct plug and play connections so a doddle to fit Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

The number plate light is a Bearmach one, which has the fixing bolts pressed into the back plate, so after a good while headscratching I've elected to leave the mounting plinth off for now, and see how we get on without it.

Just needs a wash now Rolling Eyes 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
Post #717019 10th Jul 2018 2:11pm
L110CDL

England 
Thanks for the update Wink

Looks as if you had a great time spotting the landy's Thumbs Up Glad all is ok with your other half and the landy after it's off road experience Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #717381 12th Jul 2018 9:12pm
Rosco

Time for a bit more of an update as we've rolled over the 50k mark this morning.

Been a busy time recently with the summer holidays, etc.

Another week down in Cornwall spotting various Land Rovers around the area, and the kids keen to get in on the joy of ownership helped clean the windows

Click image to enlarge

When we got home off she went for the 48k service, and was given another Evoque for the day. Nice car (if we ignore the poo brown interior) but not a Defender

Click image to enlarge

It was the last service on the service plan, and I'm umming and arrghing as to whether I re-new the service plan, but the quote to continue for another two years doesn't look that painful. The dealer has even agreed to repair the broken central locking as a goodwill gesture, so they obviously want the business Laughing

Week after was a week long camp with the Scouts. First time in many years for us, as we usually enjoy the 6 weeks off, but we took the plunge and spent a great week up at the Great Tower camp on the edge of Windermere. As usual the 110 was pressed into service to tow the box trailer which was full to the gunnel's

Click image to enlarge

Even spotted another 110 on site, but the driver wasnt a waver Rolling Eyes

Shortly after the above shot was taken, as we left for the return run I discovered a rock/pothole sticking out the side of a lane and made a mess of the trailer wheels Embarassed

Click image to enlarge

At this point we also discovered we only had one spare wheel (well we'd known about that for a long time), we didnt have a breaker bar to crack the 19mm wheels nuts, and the Land Rover issue jack was useless when it jammed at half mast!

Cue a two hour delay, whilst our other leader with the minibus full of kids dropped lucky on a tyre place 5 miles away with a matching spare wheel, and a hardware store round the corner with the necessary breaker bar. We did try the AA, but they were quoting at least 4 hours to attend Shocked

Upon return, I've found a meatier jack, a breaker bar and socket to carry with me for the next time.

Click image to enlarge

And it even fits nicely in the space of the original

Click image to enlarge
 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
Post #726069 29th Aug 2018 2:42pm
L110CDL

England 
If you keep waving at them they will finally crack and wave back to you Wink

Not to bad out come with the trailer wheels and at least you will be ready next time, but are you going to be carrying 2 spare wheels when on your outings Very Happy

Thanks for the pic's Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #726175 29th Aug 2018 8:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 12 <123 ... 89 101112>