Home > Defender Celebration Series & Classic Works > Odd chat with dealership
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Odd chat with dealership
Evening,

I spoke to Shukers of Ludlow today as was thinking (in a dark moment) of selling the 110 Heritage. Two Defenders and a P38 feels like one too many. Anyhoo, it has done 9k miles and Shukers made an offer of £40k. Not sure what to make of it really. Then the chap started saying that the new one is due out in the next 12 months.....and that prices for the current Defender might swing up or down as a result, which I took as a no more than a negotiating tactic. He said the new one would definitely be recognisable as a Defender, and that is wouldn't be at a ridiculous price point. 'It will definitiely do the busines off road too'. I asked about premium durability and it passed him by.

It got me thinking about the price point of the new one and also what the model references will be - GS, HSE, or County / XS?! Entry level SWB at what - £34k? LWB entry model at £38k? Start / stop seems likely, will the Ingenium engine range provide the power? Difflock or terrain response or both?

It must be great fun coming up with a spec for a new car design!!
Post #706509 10th May 2018 10:36pm
Pilgrimmick

United Kingdom 
Seeing as the only thing in contact with the ground are the tyres, that would be a good place to start.

Bigger the better for real off road use, but avoiding tractor style tyres then a 35" would be about the max, so starting with a 35" tyre, portal axles, to improve ground clearance, full chassis to allow for a range of body styles and attachments.

Minimum overhangs and as short a bonnet as possible to allow for maximum load bed. Remember the 101 was shorter than a range rover!

Diesel engine to allow military/agricultural use

What have I missed? 80" 1948
Lightweight V8
Bowler Tomcat
130 Station wagon
90 300tdi
(Santana PS10 pick up)
Range Rover L322 (Ful fat)
Post #706513 10th May 2018 10:50pm
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
I can’t see it going anywhere near agricultural or military use, just too complex to maintain in either field.
Post #706514 10th May 2018 10:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1