Home > Technical > No Hazard Lights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
No Hazard Lights
Hello folks,

I wonder if anybody has any bright idea about this one. Today, I swapped all of the indicators for NAS versions and, because of a bent contact in one of the new bulb holders, managed to blow the fuse for the LH ones, F11. Now, I can't remember the exact sequence of events but the vehicle may have been locked when I started and so the fuse may have blown when I unlocked it. I suspect this because I also found that the hazard light fuse, F2, was blown and nothing would work until it had been replaced.

Anyway, fault traced and fuses replaced and I have indicators again. I don't, however, have hazard lights and I've also lost the three indicator flashes when I unlock. Am I missing something obvious? I ran out of weather at the time but looking at the fuse diagram now, I wonder if I've also blown the one for the alarm, F8. Does that sound plausible?

Thanks for looking. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #702241 21st Apr 2018 9:51pm
LandRoverAnorak

So, a bit of investigating this morning revealed no more blown fuses. I started with F8, a 15 amp one that appears to be the main one for the alarm. It was fine but, interestingly, when I pulled it the alarm went off, which suggests it does have a BBUS afterall Confused Damned if I can find it, which I guess is the point Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I checked all of the other alarm related fuses without any luck so now I'm wondering if I've somehow blown the hazard switch. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

Post #702334 22nd Apr 2018 1:00pm
LandRoverAnorak

Further developments! Through a convoluted series of events involving a jet wash setting the alarm off, I found another fuse associated with the hazards, F30. Dunno how I missed it first and second times around Rolling Eyes Anyway, replaced the blown 15 amp fuse and I now have hazards, three flash indicators when locking and I know that the alarm works (as do several of my neighbours). Got there in the end. Darren

Post #702363 22nd Apr 2018 3:29pm
shropshiredefender

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Thanks Land Rover Anorack - another piece of useful information about the interconnectivity of alarm related things!
I hope I remember it when the time comes Rolling Eyes
Thumbs Up
Post #702372 22nd Apr 2018 4:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1