↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Bitcoin / Litecoin etc etc anyone?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
What were they worth in May - £500? If it looks like a bubble......and quacks like a bubble.....it’s a bubble. There is money to be made for the brave on the way down, but I wouldn’t buy, maybe just take a position with a spread bet. Obviously all theoretical as I’ve just had my Happy Christmas letter from the accountant setting out Corp tax and income tax due in Jan. Awesome. Happy Censored Christmas. 😩
Post #672106 19th Dec 2017 9:17pm
excossack

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 110 Td5 SW Caledonian Blue
Rather than start a new thread, anyone used coindirect.com to buy Crypto currency? 1999 Defender TD5 110

Regards
John M0VAZ
Econet Station 48 no clock
Post #701595 17th Apr 2018 8:51pm
Fat Cog

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
I'm staying clear...the last time I made a bet was on the predicted success of 8 Track & Betamax!!!! Since 1973...S1, Air Portable's, Defender's, but only my Wolf TUL HS GS remains
Post #701659 18th Apr 2018 8:31am
Fat Cog

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Corris Grey
I'm staying clear...the last time I made a bet was on the predicted success of 8 Track & Betamax!!!! Since 1973...S1, Air Portable's, Defender's, but only my Wolf TUL HS GS remains
Post #701660 18th Apr 2018 8:32am
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
I use Coinbase to buy them as it seems more secure and governed.

Then use Binance to trade and buy other Alt coins.

As with any shares the prices go up and down, there's a few of us a work with various coins and its good banter what's happening with them. I've been up £300 on my initial stake but now down £200

In Crypto talk we hodl the coins (keep hold in the drops)

I'm even mining with a Graphics card and PC but that's a whole new discussion Thumbs Up

Rolling with laughter It's ok if your happy you could lose it all....
Post #701669 18th Apr 2018 9:46am
Teario

1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi SW Rioja Red
I did the same as Stacey - bought through CoinBase, trade on Binance. Although to get them from CoinBase to Binance I go through GDax because it results in lower transfer fees.

When I saw my family at Christmas we were talking about it and all decided to take a little punt. I bought Ethereum and traded that for XRP, BNB and a few others. So far they are worth just over half what I paid, but I expected to lose the lot so I guess I'm doing okay...

There's lots of fees to consider and it's a bit mentally taxing working out if you've even made a profit, for example I bought 11 BNB for 0.02 ETH and sold for 0.022 later so it looked like a profit. However when I bought the 0.2 it was worth £100 and by the time I got the 0.22 it was only worth about £60, so it was actually a loss. Plus Binance take a small amount of every trade, then to get your coins back into real money you have to go through somewhere like CoinBase. Their buy and sell values are different, they don't give you market rate on sales. I ended up making a program to work out all the fees and tell me if I actually had a profit or not, because there are too many factors to work it out mentally. 3 weeks ago was the first time it's shown me in profit since Christmas.

If you set your expectations correctly then I don't see any harm. It's gambling, not investment, so prepare to lose everything and you can only be pleasantly surprised.

Never heard of coindirect.com, but also not really had a reason to move away from coinbase & Binance.
Post #701767 18th Apr 2018 8:56pm
srod

I don't get it...

In what way is it different to buying shares or any other "real" currency, or gold? That in itself it odd enough.
Post #701776 18th Apr 2018 10:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12