↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Summer Holiday Booked - South of France in the Defender.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Tribord

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Zermatt Silver
My 110 with empty roof rack triggers the higher price
Post #693690 16th Mar 2018 7:17am
Tdi4

Netherlands 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
Haha. You know what the funny thing is? As soon as you cross the border with Spain you won’t have this problem?????

So it’s only a French problem a defender from 1984 pretending to be a puma with a touch of Range Rover
Post #693691 16th Mar 2018 7:21am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tribord

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Zermatt Silver
And issues the ticket from the higher slot for trucks. On some tolls you can press the lower button and it feeds the ticket back in and then give another one on the lower one. On others you just have to reach/climb up
Post #693692 16th Mar 2018 7:21am
Tdi4

Yes. I had to climb several times Rolling with laughter

But strangely enough since I have the drive through blipper thingie no more problems. Don’t know why but that seems to work well a defender from 1984 pretending to be a puma with a touch of Range Rover
Post #693696 16th Mar 2018 7:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
Beefcake wrote:
Thank you all for the info and advice. The wife is already eyeing up potential destinations. Interesting point about the toll height limits. I’ll look into that! Cheers

Don’t forget the alps.

Click image to enlarge

On the subject of tolls, from recollection you register the vehicle type when you get the bleeper. As people have pointed out, you may trigger the higher price at a booth, but maybe if it’s registered on line and you use the beeper, it’s already been given its classification as a car and a LGV or other heavy load get a different bleeper/classification? I.e. what’s on the system rather than what it triggers at the toll. There are so many cars in summer laden with bikes etc, that they must be comfortably above 2m. I’d only know looking at the monthly bill, which I never do Shocked . Perhaps ask the supplier, SANEF?

https://www.saneftolling.co.uk Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #693698 16th Mar 2018 7:39am
proloForêt

France 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I think to mention that after the 1 of April the driving speed limit drops from 90kph to 80kph on thé non-autoroute roads.
Do not mistake to imagine if you have UK car they will ignore you, the police have instructions to push for fines with foreign cars.
Post #693704 16th Mar 2018 7:50am
cartoonhead

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 HCPU Corris Grey
Does the blipper work OK with a heated windscreen or do you need to hold it out the window?
Post #693708 16th Mar 2018 8:03am
Tdi4

Works perfectly. You only have to watch where you place the canoo on the roof Rolling with laughter

Ps place the canoo right from the middle and not on the left a defender from 1984 pretending to be a puma with a touch of Range Rover
Post #693709 16th Mar 2018 8:14am
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
proloFor�t wrote:
I think to mention that after the 1 of April the driving speed limit drops from 90kph to 80kph on thé non-autoroute roads.
Do not mistake to imagine if you have UK car they will ignore you, the police have instructions to push for fines with foreign cars.

ProloForet is correct. Just because you don't have papers, doesn't mean they won't hand you a 90€+ on-the-spot fine. They don't need (but do still ask for) the docs to take your cash (or they can do it by CC machine now ). No points will be transfered to your UK licence.

The ONLY thing to be aware of is if you speed by in excess of 37kmh in a given zone. Hard to do in a Def, but if you're in a normal car, more than possible. In lieu of points which the locals would get, you will have your licence conviscated (and sent by post to your UK address), you'll immediately be banned from driving in territorial France and if you do not have a passenger who can drive your car home, it will be impounded. You will then normally have (I think) 30 days to recover the car or it will be sold/crushed...at your cost!! You may also be summoned to 'Tribunal' for further dressing down and fining.

Not sure how I know all this stuff Whistle Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #693774 16th Mar 2018 2:57pm
proloForêt

France 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
Also the replacement driver must be with name on insurance document or the impound.
Post #694977 20th Mar 2018 6:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123