↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Events > Fife 4x4 Response, can you help?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JR

Scotland 1984 Defender 90 200 Tdi SW Coniston Green
Fife 4x4 Response, can you help?
There is a meeting on Sunday evening 16/11/2014 at 19.00hrs meeting at

Fife House (Fife Council HQ)
Glenrothes

With a view to try and resurrect Fife 4x4 Response which tried and failed to effectively start 3 or 4 years ago. The meeting is being hosted by the co-ordinator of Fife RAYNET and the Emergency Planning Department of Fife Council.

We're looking for 4x4 drivers and others who are interested in getting this group up and running, more will be explained on Sunday....
Post #371646 14th Nov 2014 6:52pm
JR

MISTAKE

MEETING IS AT 18.00 NOT 19.00!

SORRY!
Post #371648 14th Nov 2014 7:00pm
JR

Martin, could you post this topic on the other forums you admin, it might help to get the group up and running. Bow down
Post #371649 14th Nov 2014 7:11pm
JJ

United Kingdom 1987 Defender 110 V8 Petrol CSW Corris Grey
Good luck, I hope you get it up and running.
Post #371737 15th Nov 2014 9:25am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Sorry - only just seen this, I was away for the weekend.

What was the outcome?

In future, suggest you try & email a few local Defender owners as well to make sure they see the invitation???

A few local owners - jomara, i.am_a driver, hossman, Dave T, kenhills, dodger, GrahamB, ODR, gfwpark and a few more I may have forgot... Use the Map detail off the nav menu... Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #372148 17th Nov 2014 12:19pm
Tank

Scotland 2004 Defender 90 Td5 HT Zermatt Silver
I would have come along but a family meal meant I couldn't. 6 pm on a Sunday probably wasn't the best time. I am in Dunfermline so just along the road, shame.

Is there going to be another meeting ?

Duncan
Post #372186 17th Nov 2014 4:02pm
JR

MartinK, I am Driver is an office bearer in Lothian 4x4 Response and also a good friend. What's this map thingy? We could certainly try it for the next meeting that has been mooted.

Tank, you will be most welcome, there were 6 of us there together with a representative from the 4x4 Response National Committee. We have yet to get the group off the ground as we still need 3 people prepared to commit to being Office Bearers. some of us including me have offered to help but are unable to take on the top jobs. So if you know of anyone interested in joining the group drop me a pm with their and your details.
Post #373150 20th Nov 2014 10:06pm
ARC99

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Cairns Blue
JR.............. the navigation menu is the bar under the DEFENDER2 banner at the top of the page Don't make old people mad.
We don't like being old in the first place,
so it doesn't take much to Censored us off.

Richard
Post #373153 20th Nov 2014 10:17pm
Keith5

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
Morning,

Did a Fife group get established? I would be keen to talk to know how it got on.

Keith Keith
Post #690421 3rd Mar 2018 9:29am
JR

Not yet Keith!

At present Fife Raynet have been carrying out the 4x4 Response role but it's not within the Raynet remit and we really need to get a proper Fife 4x4 Response Group set up, and Emergency Planning Department within the Council is very keen for this to happen!

Our Fife Raynet Controller has put out a call for volunteers at the start of the week in an attempt to kickstart the formation of a formal Group for Fife, I know at least a couple of us have responded but probably the biggest hurdle is finding some volunteers to take on the management and organisational role! I am happy to be a part of that but not in the main roles due to unreliability due to the state of my health. We have, however, been offered a lot of assistance from the management of Lothian 4x4 Response in order to set up the management systems to meet the requirements of both the national 4x4 Response umbrella group and to gain Charitable Status. These 2 aspects are needed to meet the requirements to be part of the official Voluntary Sector and work with Local Government, the NHS and the Emergency Services.

So now that I've frightened you off, your involvement would be most welcome and appreciated so if you are Fife based and have some form of road-going 4x4 (there is no specific need to have a much modded Land Rover or similar) then please feel free to email:

Jim Burke, Co-ordinator for Fife Raynet, on: jim4tnp@aol.com or myself on johnrae50@gmail.com and I can forward your details to Jim.
Post #690504 3rd Mar 2018 2:57pm
Keith5

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Santorini Black
Perfect, thanks for the update.

I'll drop you an email.

Thanks Keith
Post #690592 3rd Mar 2018 6:37pm
Balvaig

Scotland 2016 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 Landmark LE Corris Grey
Morning JR and Keith,

Just researching the background to 4x4 Response and Fife Council.
Beaurocracy and Health and Safety will be the death of volunteering. The organisations needing help apply 'business' rules to volunteers. Why you need committees, bank accounts and charitable status for a few volunteers I do not understand.
I know there have to be safeguards - but this level of bureaucracy seems to be back covering!
Rant over.

I have had experience as a Trustee and office bearer of a small charity. Had to give up serious volunteering due to ill health, but could offer some administrative help and advice should enough members be found to form a group.
Post #690804 4th Mar 2018 11:21am
JR

Thanks for your post, every little helps!

You're right of course about the fairly excessive beaurocracy requirement but we live in an age of Transparency when it comes to Local, or Central Government spending!

If you could pm me your contact details together with a sort of cv of relevant experience both personal and vehicle, then I will give it to Jim and hopefully there will be enough of us to get a Group off the ground and running - on 4 wheels naturally!
Post #691516 6th Mar 2018 8:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1