↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > A day in the life of Miffy the 110...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 59 <123 ... 567 ... 575859>
Print this entire topic · 
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
I found a similar problem with my dash and fitted the Raptor rear part. It's a lovely bit of kit, which is all but invisible when in place:

Click image to enlarge
 Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #680934 22nd Jan 2018 10:15pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Super always good to get a recommendation Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post #680942 22nd Jan 2018 10:25pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Ok so the fix seems to have set quite well over night, it technically needs more time but I have had to fit the binnacle in order to drive to work this morning. As a consolation I have only used the remaining three fixing points. I will use the forth this evening.

LEDs look good and bright on the dash. I obviously bought the wrong ones somehow. They were a good 3-4mm longer than the original glass ones that came out. So quite some alterations were required to fit the speedo bulbs and the VDO Rev gauge bulb. The VDO gauges bulb goes through the PCB board in the gauge. The hole has a smaller diameter than the LR gauges, and the LED bulbs have a wide plastic collar encompassing the the bulb.

Click image to enlarge

The speedo required a smaller bulb and these LED bulbs impacted on the plastic internals of the gauge. Had to slim the bulbs down by 5-6mm, which turns out to be quite easy to do. I will look to replace the speedo bulbs with non-modified versions ASAP.

I fell for the old age issue of believing what an eBay seller had written in their advert... Obviously not a straight swap for the standard 286 bulb... Rolling Eyes learning curve Whistle

Anyway, they all look A-OK this morning.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #680981 23rd Jan 2018 8:14am
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Looks great Thumbs Up Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #681019 23rd Jan 2018 10:28am
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Ok. Dash is all back together again and the fix appears to be holding well. Only time will tell Thumbs Up

gaud bless cotton buds and glue Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Post #681151 23rd Jan 2018 8:07pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Good Evening Fellow Defenderites. I am in need of a favour and wonder whether one of you good folks might consider lending their fridge freezer for a week.

An odd request I know, but I am going to be doing an around Britain dog training tour (starting tomorrow morning) and my fridge has apparently ceased working since September. No idea why but just checked mine and the compressor is not kicking in. Big Cry

The route will start here in North Wales, to Bristol, Birmingham, Nantwich, Carlisle, Stirling, York, Cambridge, London and then back to North Wales. The tour will involve evening lectures/workshops and then during the day visits to a variety of dog charities. Should be an awesome trip, love touring in Miffy. Thumbs Up

So a 3 way fridge/freezer would be great but if not a 12v/240v would also be excellent. If anyone is not using theirs at the moment and is willing to lend it to me for a week I would be very grateful.

PM me please Thumbs Up many thanks in advance.
Post #681189 23rd Jan 2018 9:58pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Well much has happened in the last month, but to start with let me just post up the best looking vehicles in the carpark at work...

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

and then one from a little later on when someone decided to park in Miffy's spot in the time we were away walking the pup. How dare they...! I park there every day...

Found somewhere else in the end. Definitely a Land Rover only space...

Click image to enlarge
Post #684828 7th Feb 2018 7:30pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
geobloke wrote:

LEDs look good and bright on the dash.

Well they didn't last long... two weeks and I have already lost 3 bulbs... Evil or Very Mad Thought those bulbs looked a little mikey mouse... Rolling Eyes

Guess I will be going shopping again for a new set... LEDs or good ol filament... Rolling Eyes
Post #684830 7th Feb 2018 7:32pm
L110CDL

England 
Nice angle you got going there Wink i have still the original bulbs in mine Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #684858 7th Feb 2018 8:44pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Ha yeah not sure the Pup appreciated it, but needs must... Whistle Should really put one of those Land Rover Only Parking signs up on that bank... Wink
Post #684877 7th Feb 2018 9:23pm
L110CDL

England 
Sounds good, but you will have the green party after you because you didn't have council permission to erect the sign there Laughing 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #684883 7th Feb 2018 9:34pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
So Miffy high level brake light fell off the glass a while back. The glue holding the metal fixing brackets in place must have dried out or something. Anyway I stripped the light down and used an evostick glue to reattach the metal brackets. All went back together again and all has been well for a month or so...

Today however the brackets fell off again. Obviously evostick is not man enough to do this job.

So what do people suggest? The old stalwart of Araldite two part or something else?!
Post #686390 13th Feb 2018 6:44pm
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Nip down to your local auto glass and give one of the lads a fiver to use the proper window bonding sealant and it should never come off again. Make sure you clean all the old glue off first though. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #686421 13th Feb 2018 8:02pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Ahhhh so nothing that will be easily found at the Range then...! Rolling Eyes Well I did try a few local bods and they were less than helpful when faced with aiding me in my plight. Lots of sucking in of breath through teeth... Rolling Eyes

So I ended up buying a loctite product for fixing rear view mirrors to glass. You do not get a lot for your £6, but then again compared to the £36 I was offered for a smidge of bonding agent earlier in the day, beggars can't be choosers and all that.

Product: http://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints-bo...hesive-kit

After cleaning up the brackets of the first attempts Evostick all went back together remarkably easily. The Locktite consisted of an adhesive and "activating" mesh. The method involved spreading the glue on the bracket, placing the mesh over the glue and seating the mesh within the glue before adhering to the window glass. Hold there for a minute and it is set in position, then leave for an hour to go off. Worked a treat and feels very "stuck and strong". Time will tell.

Refit the light and that is one more job done before the MOT next month...

NB: the additional black earth cable that disappears in to the rear windows seal. This is the solution should the earthing element within the heated window break or be damaged.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #687412 18th Feb 2018 6:27pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
MadMan update:

So this week I found myself with a little time to spare and actually sat down to design the layout of the Mud pod on top of Miffys dash. the purpose of which is to live with the setup before committing to the cutting...

I like it, seems to be pretty logical to me.

Click image to enlarge
Post #687423 18th Feb 2018 7:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 59 <123 ... 567 ... 575859>