↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Reversing camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
J@mes

United Kingdom 
I'm pretty sure they do mate Thumbs Up

Can't say what the quality is like though.

With the amarok there are grommits under the door shuts to bring cables in to the cab which is handy for bits like this. I just ran the cables in copex along the top of the chassis rail Smile
Post #680032 19th Jan 2018 9:18pm
treps

I'd be interested in the wifi version too please if you find a good one. Many thanks.
A quick search gave me this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WiFi-Wireless-C...Sw8vNaYbEQ
but no idea on quality...
Post #680050 19th Jan 2018 10:48pm
foggydave

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Bonatti Grey
I have just fitted a rear view camera to my 2.2 110 to see if it is useful
Hard wired utilising the rear screen heater wiring. I also use a flat trailer a lot with some awkward loads so I can turn camera on using the heater switch any time to see how things are doing at the rear. I may also fit a 2nd camera behind the tow bar to assist hooking up the caravan

The first 2 pictures show the camera mounted in a housing using the rear screen washer hole to feed wire and the washer head to hold the housing on

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

The next 2 pictures shows the screen As I was just testing this I temporarily Velcro'd the screen to my sun visor. I have had this jury rigged for the last 2 weeks and it works ok
Just need to tidy up the screen wires and possibly embed the screen in the sun visor if I keep it here

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Having read the post I made a template of the rear view mirror mounted screen to see if it was too restrictive on the forward view. It does seem rather large and may be better mounted higher.I would make a bracket to fit to the rear view mirror roof fixing. I wonder if it contravenes any Vosa rules on window furniture

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Thanks for the thread and links it makes interesting reading and once again thank you Martin for making postings pics so easy
Post #680159 20th Jan 2018 3:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NickBristol

United Kingdom 
The template for the rear view mirror sizing is inspired and really useful. It does look like it would take up a lot of the windscreen unless mounted quite high.

I had a folding screen mounted on the dash of my old works van that was pretty good, same as the one shown in the link below (no connection to the seller, random chosen from eBay) and could be mounted just about above the clock with a bit of imagination.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TFT-4-3-Fold-up...SwYHxWG1xd
Post #680199 20th Jan 2018 6:29pm
foggydave

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Bonatti Grey
Hi NickBristol. That is the sort of screen I used, a click up one. I stripped the mechanism and inverted the screen, fixing the screen inside the base with very strong double sided tape.

Before modifieng it I tried locating it on top of the dash between the air vent pods but it just looked awkward.

With the rear view mirror template fitted and using my satnav stuck on the screen the forward view is very restricted so may stick with the visor fixing.
Post #680228 20th Jan 2018 7:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ramsay

Scotland 1995 Defender 110 300 Tdi CSW Auto Keswick Green
Here is one mounted and the view forward.

Click image to enlarge
 1995 Defender 110 CSW
1971 SIIA Lightweight
Post #680273 20th Jan 2018 9:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12